It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihad, "It's For The Children"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: introvert

what are you spending money on and celebrating exactly?
killing a pine tree, spending hundreds of made in china decorations, all the wasted electricity.
for what? why?

Tradition.

Not religion. If Christmas was any indicator of faith it would be of Paganism.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

tradition, mindlessly doing what parents did for no good reason?
sounds like religion to me

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

what are you spending money on and celebrating exactly?
killing a pine tree, spending hundreds of made in china decorations, all the wasted electricity.
for what? why?

Tradition.

Not religion. If Christmas was any indicator of faith it would be of Paganism.

To say that Christmas, (a celebration of the birth of Jesus) is not associated with religion is just as disingenuous as stating that "everyone" who celebrates it are practicing Christians.

If it was only celebrated as a matter of tradition, why all the uproar over people and/or businesses that choose to use the term "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas?"

Also, would we be celebrating Christmas if there were no such thing as Christianity or a belief in Jesus as the son of God?
edit on 10-12-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Irrelevant. You still cannot make the claim that just because someone has a Christmas tree in their home that they are Christian.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Irrelevant. You still cannot make the claim that just because someone has a Christmas tree in their home that they are Christian.

Maybe not as an absolute, but it's a pretty good indicator.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Here's their theme tune lol

I believe that Jihad's for our children,
Teach them bombs and let them lead the way,
Show them all the guts we possess inside...
Give them a suicide belt to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

I decided long ago, never to talk to anyone different,
If I fail, if I should bleed,
At least I'll die despicably,
No matter they take from me
I never had no dignity,
Because the greatest sin of all will happen to you and me.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

To say that Christmas, (a celebration of the birth of Jesus) is not associated with religion is just as ingenious as stating that "everyone" who celebrates it are practicing Christians.

I said that it is not just Christians that celebrate Christmas and that I celebrate it out of tradition. dashen asked about me specifically.

Christmas means something different to each individual and it is not exclusive to Christians.

If it was only celebrated as a matter of tradition, why all the uproar over people and/or businesses that choose to use the term "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas?"

I don't know and I don't care. Ask those that care about such idiotic things.

Also, would we be celebrating Christmas if there were no such thing as Christianity or a belief in Jesus as the son of God?

Sure. The Pagans were practicing Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, or the "birthday of the unconquered Sun" before Christianity came around. In fact, Christians took over the Dec 25th date trying to bring Pagans in to the church.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

What if that pic was to have been taken in my home. I have a tree in my house and I am agnostic.

The entire premise fails immediately.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

What if that pic was to have been taken in my home. I have a tree in my house and I am agnostic.

The entire premise fails immediately.

I too have a tree and I too am pretty much agnostic, but that doesn't change the fact that I was raised in the Christian Faith with the celebration of Christmas being one of the two most important dates recognized in Christianity.

Santa Claus and all the excessive gift giving is the result of the holiday being exploited and commercialized by corporate interest and that experience which is primarily for the kids is what many of us now practice more as a tradition than adherence to religious principles.

That being said, we don't see manger scene re-enactments being orchestrated outside of Mosques or Synagogues during the Christmas season, now do we?

Yet, you will find Christian churches doing it all across America and that's because Christmas is indeed a religious holiday and my choice to celebrate it, (despite being agnostic) doesn't change that fact.

I'm not saying that those kids with guns were for sure Christians, but if I had to bet one way or the other, I'd go with the odds and say yes they probably are.

I'd definitely bet money that they aren't Jewish or Muslim.

edit on 10-12-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

LOL "jihad me at hello."

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I too have a tree and I too am pretty much agnostic, but that doesn't change the fact that I was raised in the Christian Faith with the celebration of Christmas being one of the two most important dates recognized in Christianity.

Ok. Is it possible for non-Christians to have a Christmas tree in their home?

what many of us now practice more as a tradition than adherence to religious principles.

Yes, tradition. That's what I said earlier.

That being said, we don't see manger scene re-enactments being orchestrated outside of Mosques or Synagogues during the Christmas season, now do we?

I suppose not. What does that have to do with the possibility of a tree being in the home of a non-Christian?

Yet, you will find Christian churches doing it all across America and that's because Christmas is indeed a religious holiday and my choice to celebrate it, (despite being agnostic) doesn't change that fact.

Your choice, your opinion. You choices are opinions are not indicative of it being universal. Many different kinds of people, even those of different faiths or lack thereof, celebrate Christmas in their own way and for their own reasons.

I'm not saying that those kids with guns were for sure Christians, but if I had to bet one way or the other, I'd go with the odds and say yes they probably are.

I'd make that bet as well, but that really does not address the original premise I was refuting.

Again, is it possible for non-Christians to have a Christmas tree in their home?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Tradition

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Again, is it possible for non-Christians to have a Christmas tree in their home?

Sure it is! You & I are perfect examples of that fact.

At the the same time Christmas is indeed a religious holiday recognizing the birth of Jesus.

What I'm not sure about is that Jihad is for children.

I was thinking that Jihad's was the place Muslim men went to buy jewelry for the women they profess to love.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
a reply to: sirlancelot

oh come one...this is...a kid has nothing to do with guns. Education or not. Guns are only good for killing, how is that useful? I mean there are way better educational options, like how to plant a tree, milk a cow, grow some fruit, or do something creative you know...guns should be as far away from kids as earth is from the sky : ) well from adults to, but in a perfect world where there are only swords and katanas. how about that ?

anyway what sad things are posted here, all pictures here should be banished to even suggest such a thing or even better, any implication of violence in general, especially with kids or teenagers. What a different world would it be?

music, movies, pictures, books

all the same.

First of all Im not advocating every kid in America should be forced to learn how to use a gun. Unlike the video where kids that look like 4 year olds are being indoctrinated to stab and shoot "the infidel".

Further every kid in America at a young age should go through a gun safety program. The main purpose being to teach kids that guns are not toys and for safety. No matter how much a parent tries to shield their child from guns there is always a situation where a kid may be exposed to a firearm. If they dont know the seriousness and safety the potential for an accidental tragedy can occur. EI kid stays over at a friends house. Friend's parents have a gun improperly secured, kid shows off to their friend, well we all have heard how this scenario has played out. Now if my daughter who is 8 and has never shot a gun but has went through a gun safety course where in this situation she knows what to do. She knows to run and find an adult, period. She knows it's danger and not a toy.

Lastly though my daughter has gone through a safety course I sit down with her periodically to re enforce the danger. As of now she isn't interested in learning how to shoot a gun but if she ever wants to I will teach her. I will teach her how to safely use it. Unlike the idiots in the video I will not be teaching her how to use a gun to kill "infidels" but merely to learn and to be safe if she is ever in a situation like the above referenced example.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
a reply to: sirlancelot

Wait, you're saying guns are good and children should use them for "protection"?
Great logic I agree.

Wow. Comparing kids how to shoot guns for the sake of being able to use guns is a bit difference then indoctrinating kids how to shoot and stab infidels and jews! One is education the other is an ideology!

My reference to teaching kids in America how to shoot guns and safety protocol is what I'm saying. That being said my daughter who has gone through a gun safety course can't access my guns so she would have no way to use them for protection. That's my job.

Realize my daughter is afraid of guns now because she understands they are not toys and can cause harm so if she is every in a situation where she is at a friends house and her friend starts showing off with daddy's gun she knows what to do! The alternative is for her to be clueless and have no fear and think guns are a cool new toy and Blam, she is a statistic!

My point is guns are everywhere and that isn't going to change and I'd much prefer my daughter be educated then to be clueless which increases the likelihood of a accident happening.

Do me a favor and don;t bother responding with the utopian ideology of no guns, cause we both know that ain't happening.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The world problem is religious fanaticism, and this has always been the problem with life on Earth.

If you ask yourself as to how we inherited religious fanaticism, when tribal ancient life demonstrates a family support system that only involves survival, then you give yourself the example.

You ask how did the civilization structure evolve to condition the human life to consider to be a fanatic and not a family or community member.

You then review the condition of civilization itself....an ancient brotherhood....a male population of the same like mindedness that could only have allowed the civilization structure to be forced upon their family.

Hence we have always known that the only problem humanity has faced the spiritual realization that a brotherhood has always existed on Earth with the mind state to cause harm to its family.

The natural family considers us differently to how we consider them, and they realize how self destructive we all are, and they have simple reviews of statements to make about our considerations.

So we ask ourselves how did we inherit this condition, and the spiritual advice was already given....we gained it from the inherited mutated/radiation interaction caused as an attack to Planet Earth because of science.

You ask yourselves what is science.

Science is the ancient review of the occult....religion.

You ask yourself how does religion mislead us into fanaticism.

The answer is obvious....the spirit that religion speaks about are spirits in the creative act involving destructive interactions of alchemy.

Why were these teaching mis-represented in the community?

Because the ancient teachings evolved scientific practices of conversions...involving the nuclear of stone. The ancient method was using PHI irradiated sound to levitate stone....this condition attacked us.

Therefore if you address fanaticsm itself with the condition of self advice, then maybe the world community will finally come to be the spiritual family that we should all belong to.

Living a spiritual communal life support for the survival of life itself on Earth.

When you irradiate the human mind and the chemical responses burn, we become evil minded.

The science taken from the religious instructions of occultist practices...conjuring of nuclear powers attacks our natural spiritual self and we demonstrate evil mindedness, from self possession itself.

We then become a thinking artificial self who believes in nuclear destruction and then make considerations about using nuclear destruction, which is demonstrative of the fanatical mind.

Science caused this problem and always did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join