It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming Within a OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hello!

A few weeks ago I started to get interested in Lucid Dreaming because I have many dreams at night, yet never have control. I'm able to remember them rather well and some can be vivid. So far I've had around 1 lucid dream a week. I've also been interested in OBE's, and Asreal projection.

Now 1 week ago, I woke up around 4:00 am from my bed upstairs, and went downstairs to sleep on the couch since it's part of a technique i'm trying. I went to sleep around 4:30 am. I then found myself waking up again from my bed, but I knew something was off. There was a blue hue to everything, and my bed had way more bed sheets on it then it normally does. I slowly walked by it and then proceeded to go downstairs to my couch. I tried going to sleep but I couldn't. So I opened my eyes and found I was on a different couch, and was in someones house that I knew of. I got up from the couch and went outside. I just don't know what happened after that. I remember having about 4 different dreams that night. Odd part was is when I tried waking up, I woke up in a different room, but it wasn't the garage. It was the room I was normally in but everything was out of place and the room was way longer in length and everything looked stretched out. I closed my eyes to see if I could get a little more rest in and then I woke up to this world. It honestly felt weird because everything looked really small. That went away through out the day. But the question, is it possible to have a OBE and then have normal dreams within that OBE? I'm not even sure if it was a OBE. Maybe it was some kind of lucid dream. Whatever it was, it was a neat experience.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm a fan of Robert Bruce's work on the subject. His main theory is that an OBE is essentially an energetic copy of yourself that is projected. After "you" go out for your adventure, "you" return and what follows is a two way scenario; either you retain your memories of normal sleep, including dreams or your copy-body supplants those memories with those of it's travel.

I think that it's possible that the memories can become intertwined, blurring between the you that is asleep and dreaming and the copy which travels about. It would explain why many astral experiences do have an occasional moment of surreality, against the general feeling of "realism" that usually accompanies them.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I have never had an obe but your description of the elongated room and things being small reminded me of experiences I had many times when young. I was always awake and in the presence of others. Suddenly the room would look long and things and people would look far away (smaller). It would look bizarre and I can't describe how I felt...maybe surreal would work...present and aware but...not fully present. More questioning what was going on and how things got this way.

There was one psychologist I went to many years later for depression and I mentioned this as a curiosity. She said I was trying to remove myself from the situation.

Kinda sounds what you were trying to do near the end of the OBE.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Possibly. I do happen to have depression, so maybe that played a role near the end but didn't think of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CobyKEF

I didn't have depression at the time. It does sound like you were trying to remove yourself from the situation and your mind was somehow putting you farther away.

Best wishes to you

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CobyKEF

Seems to me like you were on the astral plane, then you moved to the "higher" dream plane. In my experience the astral plane is between the dream and physical, and is where we AP, and remote view.

top topics

join