It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PC pendulum has swung way too far.... this is getting crazy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: RickinVa

True story:

This sounds fake as #

Seek attention much?

Whatever....it didn't happen to me, just repeating what was told to me. What would you like me to do? Go find the guy, tell him all about ATS, have him create an account and tell it himself? You still wouldn't believe it happened so whats the point?

Doesn't affect me one way or the other. I just thought it was an interesting occurrence that someone claimed to have had. I have no reason to suspect that the guy was lying to me.... he would have no reason to do so what so ever.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
When I was a kid, back before this PC stuff started we had a word that we used to use that kinda meant the same thing. It was called manners, it's something my parents taught me.

By the time I was a teenager, the PC movement was just being born.

Now I'm a grown man, who can't believe that the kids are the ones leading the charge behind the PC thought crime police.

Where do people get this idea that they have the right to not be offended?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That guy should get a load of my shirt that I wear all the time
Caucasians Team Shirt

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Here is an idea for everyone, why not instead of just ranting about it, why not just think of a solution, brainstorm and post them. Because people are focusing on the problems, but I see no solution being presented.

There is only one rule with the solution, it must not be based on reaction.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Remember those shirts that said "I am with stupid"? Now you have to say "I am with mentally challenged"!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Here is an idea, instead of you complaining why don't you offer a solution!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Same all around the world.

In Brazil we had a environmental disaster recently, and one week later, people were offended that the TV news were covering the Paris terrorist attack, and not paying enough attencion to the tragedy (that at this point was old "news").
A Catholic college displayed a nativity scene by its gate, and someone thought it was offensive to the umbandists.

Pretty soon toothless people will be offended because you smiled, and bald people will be offended 'cause you got hair.
Maybe cat people will press charges against you because you have dogs (actually a friend of mine who has a lovely Great Dane, was recently lectured how he should adopt a stray dog, instead of keeping his Dane).

How ridiculous the world became. At this point I pretty much welcome the doomsday.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I just love the total hypocritical side of the PC world, I've actually seen a black guy chatting to other black guys and the N word was being thrown around like it was worth something, then a white guy joins in and with the same banter style and says the N word in the same friendly manner only for the first black guy to get up in his face about calling him a N word which so far all the black guys had done the same only for him to then say "why do you crackers think you can call me the n word".

Utter lunacy, mind you, these days the youth barely speak any English, its all some bastardised 'street' language..

I kind of hoped that as we the human race advanced then so would our minds and our intelligence, but all I see in the world these days is the human race becoming more stupid, day by day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join