It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PC pendulum has swung way too far.... this is getting crazy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Life isn't fair.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lol sublime.

My girl was dying.....it funny and scary because it's true.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yep totally believable.

I guess the WHITE House is offensive.

I guess billards(pool) is offensive after all the white ball dominating all the colors.

WHAT will it be next.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: RickinVa

If you can, I would encourage you to watch this satirical piss take - because it is so accurate to what you are saying that it is frighteningly funny and sad at the same time.

I swear, you will not be disappointed........

I have a bachelors and am now working on my masters. This is not what college is like. However some Universities have the displeasure of having a couple of people who are too far on the PC agenda. Nothing like this straw man video, but some have taken it too far. It all depends. The religious studies program at my University is very good and open, and they do not Bible bash. Their are a few people in sociology who have fallen off the rocker. For the most part, the none social sciences, including math, science, and music laugh at them. Then there is an office of diversity which is pretty inane as it has gone too far in the direction of the left.

I am a staunch liberal and multiculturalist. As such, I enjoy seeing all cultures being displayed proudly, including European, White, and Christian. And of course African, Indian (which is a huge multitude of cultures.) etc..

So I do think the left are going to far and like idiots they don't realize they will cause a huge swing to the extreme right. I am all for the middle. I want to see everyone's culture on display, gay rights, legalize polyandry, polygamy, be want you want to be as long as you don't hurt others. Wear your confederate flag with a Malcolm X hat while screaming Alluha Akhbar and doing Yoga.

But, yes, extreme liberals will screw it up for us and cause an extreme swing to the right.
edit on 9-12-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much, the pendulum is about to swing too far in the other direction.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
True story:

An acquaintance of mine (Caucasian) was approached by a black man in an airport in New Jersey who promptly informed him that he was offended by the shirt that my friend was wearing because of its racist overtones.

The shirt in question was a T-shirt from the Whitesville, Ky. Garage... an auto repair place.

Whitesville, Ky was founded in 1844 by Dr. William White, and named for him.

My friend did the only thing he could possibly do..... he laughed at him and walked away.

It's just become insane these days.... now I guess Latino's are offended by Brownsville, I should be offended by Blacksburg and what the hell... Asians should probably file a class action lawsuit against yellow cab company.

Where does this nonsense stop?

As your friend did, laugh and walk away, or explain the shirt and say, "you're nuts" and walk away, ignore him, or tell him it's a stupid thing to be offended about since no sane person would find racist overtones in the shirt and maybe he should grow a pair.

Who cares if people are offended? It's just an easy way to identify people who aren't worth giving the time of day. Personally, I think people who are bothered by people who are bothered by everything are almost as overly sensitive.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hopefully that guy never goes to Coon Rapids, Minnesota. He'll have a melt down.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well, I for one don't much give a sh*t if I offend someone or not. Chances are very good that they offend me far more than I could ever offend them.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
Well, I for one don't much give a sh*t if I offend someone or not. Chances are very good that they offend me far more than I could ever offend them.

There are people who make careers out of being *Offended*

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

True story:

An acquaintance of mine (Caucasian) was approached by a black man in an airport in New Jersey who promptly informed him that he was offended by the shirt that my friend was wearing because of its racist overtones.

The shirt in question was a T-shirt from the Whitesville, Ky. Garage... an auto repair place.

My friend did the only thing he could possibly do..... he laughed at him and walked away.

It's just become insane these days.... now I guess Latino's are offended by Brownsville, I should be offended by Blacksburg and what the hell... Asians should probably file a class action lawsuit against yellow cab company.

"This nonsense" will not stop because "this nonsense" is exactly what TPTSNB want to see happen. Why? because "this nonsense" is designed to suppress freedom of speech, to wreck social havoc and split society apart, and to destroy national identity and national pride.

Why; to make them easier to take over. A sovereign nation with a strong sense of who they are an what they value and what they stand for will not give up its sovereignty easily, but a country that is in social tatters is ripe for the picking by various means.

Most people make the mistake of thinking that the only sort of war that goes on in military based war. They do not consider or see that silent weapons of all also exist; one of which is immigration.

Some years ago I watched a doco on subversion which was presented by a Russian bloke of all people. The main point he made was that subversive efforts are invisible to the unsuspecting and are focused on starting, promoting, supporting or propagating any trend or movement, that will propel the target country in the desired direction.

The mass migration of people from the third or second world are not accidental or inadvertent.

The mass migration of blacks into white countries is likewise not accidental or incidental.

Diversity is another silent and invisible weapon of the moderns sabatur. It's intended to achieve a similar goal in that diversity simply means less whites. You never hear the word diversity used in black, Asian, Muslim countries or communities do you?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If you can, I would encourage you to watch this satirical piss take - because it is so accurate to what you are saying that it is frighteningly funny and sad at the same time.

I swear, you will not be disappointed........

I have a bachelors and am now working on my masters. This is not what college is like. However some Universities have the displeasure of having a couple of people who are too far on the PC agenda. Nothing like this straw man video, but some have taken it too far. It all depends. The religious studies program at my University is very good and open, and they do not Bible bash. Their are a few people in sociology who have fallen off the rocker. For the most part, the none social sciences, including math, science, and music laugh at them. Then there is an office of diversity which is pretty inane as it has gone too far in the direction of the left.

I am a staunch liberal and multiculturalist. As such, I enjoy seeing all cultures being displayed proudly, including European, White, and Christian. And of course African, Indian (which is a huge multitude of cultures.) etc..

So I do think the left are going to far and like idiots they don't realize they will cause a huge swing to the extreme right. I am all for the middle. I want to see everyone's culture on display, gay rights, legalize polyandry, polygamy, be want you want to be as long as you don't hurt others. Wear your confederate flag with a Malcolm X hat while screaming Alluha Akhbar and doing Yoga.

But, yes, extreme liberals will screw it up for us and cause an extreme swing to the right.

Sadly this is a real case from a Uk university - and this is their DIVERSITY officer (whatever the feck that means):

www.dailymail.co.uk... -white-men-sign.html

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

"I Can't Be Racist Or Sexist Because I'm An Ethnic Minority Woman" - practically exactly what was in that video

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If you are older than 40 and can remember what your country and the world was like 30 years ago, then these are 2 good videos to watch:

He was pretty much bang on the money, although our liberal friends will deny it because as Yuri puts it - "no matter how much evidence you put in front of them they will not believe it, until the military boot crushes their balls" [< is that too gender specific?]

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I have family in Whitesburg and the rest of Letcher co. John Wyatt, my uncle, was the sheriff when my grand dad died.

Beautiful mountains.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It doesn't stop. It only gets worse!
Read a story about students at some crap university demanding a Building on the campus name be changed on the grounds that the name is racist and conveys racist overtones. The name of the building is "Lynch" and its named after some guy who taught at the school in the past.

But, you can kind of turn this around on people. So, when a black guy verbally confronts a white guy in a public space and complains he/she's offended by something, the white guy should just reply that a black person verbally assaulting a white person in public is a racist micro-aggression and that he's calling 911 for the cops to charge the black guy with assault as a hate crime.

What's good for the goose...........

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

True story:

"This nonsense" will not stop because "this nonsense" is exactly what TPTSNB want to see happen. Why? because "this nonsense" is designed to suppress freedom of speech, to wreck social havoc and split society apart, and to destroy national identity and national pride.

Why; to make them easier to take over. A sovereign nation with a strong sense of who they are an what they value and what they stand for will not give up its sovereignty easily, but a country that is in social tatters is ripe for the picking by various means.

Most people make the mistake of thinking that the only sort of war that goes on in military based war. They do not consider or see that silent weapons of all also exist; one of which is immigration.

Some years ago I watched a doco on subversion which was presented by a Russian bloke of all people. The main point he made was that subversive efforts are invisible to the unsuspecting and are focused on starting, promoting, supporting or propagating any trend or movement, that will propel the target country in the desired direction.

The mass migration of people from the third or second world are not accidental or inadvertent.

The mass migration of blacks into white countries is likewise not accidental or incidental.

Diversity is another silent and invisible weapon of the moderns sabatur. It's intended to achieve a similar goal in that diversity simply means less whites. You never hear the word diversity used in black, Asian, Muslim countries or communities do you?

And...........its working! BTW, that's "saboteur".
The odd thing is that the change agents in charge of this agenda apparently are entirely unaware of the unintended consequences of their program to destroy any national sovereignty. One of those consequences is that after a time, no one anymore feels any sense of loyalty to the "central" government and the entire nation descends into chaos and balkanization on a massive scale with varying groups at each others throats. This is what happened to Yugoslavia which broke apart into 5 different little countries in a violent and bloody civil war. And frankly, that's where I see the US going. We're already seeing the beginnings of the break up of the EU. And it will be a violent event.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Meet The Blacks:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
But but white is THE color of multiculturalism!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The real reason why so many people are too easily offended is because
they whine,cry and complain their feelings were hurt.They were never
raised to take it and go on with their life:stiff upper lip,pull up your bootstraps...
Now,when someone's feelings are hurt they want someone punished.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What pisses me off is when humor is sacrificed. Or when relatively innocent words/actions spark some huge public sh*t fit.

Should we, as a civilized society, condone racism? Hell no. But, let's save the backlash for ACTUAL racism. Words and actions (and t shirts) that are blatantly and obviously coming from a place of hatred and intolerance.

If all the outrage were properly channelled, we might actually make some progress.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

True story:

This sounds fake as #

Seek attention much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join