It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm guilty. There is no trial. I am a warrior for babies."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Breaking news now and only Twitter feeds so far but the Colorado shooter has disrupted the judge today with his outbursts. I knew he thought of himself as a hero for murdering innocent people. Even though the prosecution and judge have sealed the court records and no motive has been officially announced we now know why Dear shot up the Planned Parenthood, which many of us already knew.

Links,

www.wsmv.com...

www.denverpost.com...

edit on 9-12-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Added quotation marks around thread title.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No surprise there.

He is a lone nut.

Still no evidence he was "radicalized" by videos or any specific rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Evidently he's evil.
Perhaps he's mentally ill.
Maybe he's slick as a ribbon!
Trying to set up a NGRI defense...

A mental disease or defect "includes only those severely abnormal mental conditions that grossly and demonstrably impair a person's perception or understanding of reality" (C.R.S. § 16-8-101.5(2)(b))—this is almost always understood to be a psychotic disorder like Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder. It is sometimes considered to be a cognitive disorder such as Intellectual Disability, which used to be called Mental Retardation. In rare cases, a personality disorder such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder can be considered a mental disease or defect for legal purposes.

Channel 9

It didn't work for James Holmes though.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

No surprise there.

He is a lone nut.

Still no evidence he was "radicalized" by videos or any specific rhetoric.

He was radicalized the same way radical muslims, buddhists, etc are radicalized. The rhetoric here can be just as bad as over there at times.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Of course there's no evidence yet and that's because we, the public, aren't privy to any evidence at this time. We only finally know his motive because of his outburst.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Definitely mentally ill, no doubt about it.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He was definitely a Christian Radical, the same way Islamic Radicals killed the people in San Bernardino. Anyone from any religion can become radicalized.

Maybe we should stop all Christians from entering the country? Just a thought. "A...Donald?"
edit on 9-12-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Some will just claim that he's saying this stuff to appear mentally deranged. Even though most of us know better.

And I still maintain that there is some culpability all of us share when we, no matter who we are...the media, people online, the government, religion...take things to extremes.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You don't accidentally end up at Planned Parenthood.

Guys a nut...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Officers have told media he was asking people for directions to PP the day of the shooting. No accident at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: whyamIhere

Officers have told media he was asking people for directions to PP the day of the shooting. No accident at all.

Totally radicalized.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

He's clearly a radical and it's obvious anyone can be one no matter what religion you follow.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Denver Post article is a little confusing:

El Paso County prosecutors on Wednesday announced 179 charges against the man accused of killing three people and injuring 12 others at a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Then later in that article it says:

The charges include eight first-degree murder charges and 131 attempted first-degree murder charges, District Attorney Dan May said at a news conference after the court hearing.

Why are they 8 charges for 3 murders?

With respect to his insanity plea, I was under the impression that it has to be proved that the perpetrator didn't believe he was committing a crime. Even though this guy is clearly a nut, I don't have the impression that he believed he was not committing a crime.

-dex

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

131 attempted murder charges? Is that a typo or is that legit? I'm no lawyer but damn.... I wonder if that has to do with all the civilians who were shopping that day, maybe even including first responders.

I doubt they'll let him get away with the insanity plea. He'll either be on death row or rotting in a cell for life.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't think he is insane.

It is easy to dismiss him as 'crazy' because most of us can't imagine randomly killing other human beings, but I think in this case he believes his actions were justified by his 'God'.

It would be interesting to see what 'God' has to say when the two finally meet.
edit on 2015/12/9 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Unfortunately there already here like a lot of jihadi nut "Muslims"

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
He was definitely a Christian Radical, the same way Islamic Radicals killed the people in San Bernardino. Anyone from any religion can become radicalized.

Maybe we should stop all Christians from entering the country? Just a thought. "A...Donald?"

Or at the very least, maybe we should stop them from entering the White House?

Just a thought. "A....Carson?"

I mean how are supposed to think they'll be concerned with our children's futures when they're convinced the world's about to end anyway?

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It may be that they are charging him 1 charge for each bullet that he fired. I think the DA's office as a matter of course tries to put forth as many charges as possible initially. That way they are covered if some of the more serious charges get thrown out later.

-dex

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a warrior for the babies, who killed their mommy and daddies.....
would like to see him face those kids that are left without parents and explain it to them!
he killed a cop, for some reason I don't think an insanity plea will work this time.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So far I haven't read anything about him shouting "Praise Jesus!" or anything.
Dude is effed in the head. Doesn't seem to be about religion or part of a terrorist culture. Or linked to organizations known for terrorist activity.
There are big differences between this guy and the Farook's.
edit on 9/12/2015 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join