It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Trainees Missing From Moody Air Force Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to multiple sources including CNN, two Afghan nationals are missing from the Moody Air force Base near Valdosta, Georgia. Valdosta is about 3 hours outside of Atlanta, Georgia. The 2 trainees did not show up for training on Monday. They were reportedly very close to graduating at which time they would be expected to go back to their home country.

New York Post has a little more information on the situation, but not much is being said about the circumstances. The identities are also not being released (that I can find at the time of my posting here). Information only says there is "zero" expectations of any threat from the 2 trainees.

These 2 have apparently been training there for most of this year. There were other Afghan nationals that ran off to Canada from this base before (as mentioned on CNN's article).

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

They don't want to leave the US to go back to Afghanistan...do you blame them?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"The students have trained alongside American counterparts for the entirety of 2015 and do not pose any apparent threat,"

Federal authorities are involved because these are international military students, said Captain Korey Fratini, Chief of Public Affairs for the air force base.

The two students were last accounted for Friday but did not show up for duty on Monday.

This is enough time for them to be very far off; also withi thier credentials, , , who knows...

Lets HOPE that they are just a couple of party seekers...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Add this

May be nothing, but then again these two incidents happening so close together makes me wonder.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
These trainees come to the US, see the lifestyle here, look at what's waiting for them at home, and some decide it's not worth going back. With the situation they're in, I don't blame them.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

Just so others can see "Large quantity of cellphones bought raises red flags" - Do we know who these men were? Is there any direct affiliation to the students?

The two were ME, foreigners however!!!

edit on 9-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

According to the article

"Sheriff Merritt said calling law enforcers was the right move.

"I'm not going to say just because they're different religion or because they're Muslim, but these people were they were foreign speaking, then you need to take notice and you need to let us know about it because it doesn't hurt to check on it. You're not being racist or anything like that you're just protecting yourself," Merritt said."

So it sounds like they were not American citizens.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahimsa

Add this

May be nothing, but then again these two incidents happening so close together makes me wonder.

Really weird! I was looking here to see if that story had been posted yet! I hadn't thought of the locations being close. I was going to ask if any other places had seen anything similar in the news in their areas. I'm not finding much, but it's also possible some stores wouldn't bother calling it in.

Though, the vicinity does make me wonder now. I hope it's just coincidence, and I imagine the Air Force folks are headed to Canada like the last ones.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This is what I am hoping too. My first thought was that maybe someone had harmed them, then I thought, oh crap, what if it's another 911, then I finally came around to thinking the same as you. They were probably getting ready to be sent back home and decided they like it here even with all it's faults.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What I meant by close together was time, not distance. Sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

There was an article a couple weeks ago about women going through pilot training to fly transports. Most of them wouldn't even give their name because they were so scared.

The woman who has become the face of the group has received more death threats than she can count, including from her extended family. She would go to perform a flight and the men would refuse to board the plane and demand she be removed.

So in addition to people trying to kill them just because they support the government, having to use equipment that doesn't always fit what they need or is the best maintained, some of them have to worry about their own family doing something against them. And that's on top of the very real possibility of having to worry about people in your own unit sabotaging you.

As bad as the US can be, it's a hell of a lot better than that year after year.
edit on 12/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Poor guys are probably hooked on Mcd's and the thought of going cold turkey back in the stan broke them...they're off mate.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Distance is close too really. Very easy for 2 people.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Any goat farms nearby? Maybe they missed some of the traditions and customs of their homeland?

Regarding the cell phones story, I could see the propaganda value of a Muslim terror attack in a place called Lebanon. "Just a taste of what Lebanese have to endure on a regular basis" angle.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

They don't want to leave the US to go back to Afghanistan...do you blame them?

NO!

new topics

top topics

join