It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Reinstating 'Assault' Weapons Ban to Prevent Terrorism is Common Sense

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Konduit

Why don't you look into it? After all, your sublime intelligence might uncover what us liberals are... Ahem, too "f***ing stupid" to find.

Is it intelligence to point out the obvious? Every time Obama opens his mouth about gun control the liberal media puts it front and center... more people buy guns.

Btw, I didn't say people we're too f***ing stupid to research, use some reading comprehension, and my comment wasn't directed to any particular person... why so serious?
edit on 12-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I apologize if I misunderstood, but the comment "Has anyone ever looked into this? Or are the liberals really that ****ing stupid?"
really seems to imply that.

I have to be serious. The bomb strapped to my wrist will explode if I smile for more than .03 nanoseconds.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I apologize, the context was that the establishment liberals must be pretty stupid for instigating the very thing they are speaking out against.

Every time they call for more gun control, more people buy more guns. So they either know exactly what they are doing or just can't comprehend it.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not completely impossable, if you really want to do it.

The biggest issue with closing the border is that everyone KNOWS we will not do anything to them if they try to cross the border. If we REALLY wanted to do it the Border Patrol would be moved over to the DoD. After all Border protection is a MILITARY operation NOT a LEO operation. OK IF they get accross it moves over to a law enforcement issue. Also these people are invaders, NOT criminals, so they should be treated as such. You stop an invader by ANY means possible. Yes that means shoot them if need be. One you do that a few times the number will drop.

That is how you close a border, and the way it is done in most countries. (Try to cross the border in southern Mexico.)

The question is how far are you willing to go to do this, not if it CAN be done. Personally I would have no issue putting Military MP units on the border and have them capture people as they come in. Then have intern camp setup to process and ID them before sending them directly back to the border. No LEO involvement at all at this point, purely military control. If the people resist MP control then the force is moved up until they are in control or shot. LEO enforcement would come if/when a person passed the MP control area. This would have to be worked out 5-10 Miles in probably; depending on the location. Border cities would have to be worked into this somehow. Coast Gaurd is already part of the DoD when it comes to this ttype of issue. The stop the boats, turn them or tow them back to International waters. If needed they capture and intern and ID them like the Border Patrol then return them country of origin. If the boat tries to evade, same rule as on land, force goes up until stop or sunk.

Yes the first few times would probably be bad, but once they see we are going to enforce it would go down.

If we did this we would also have to update our immigration policy and procedures. This should include seasonal worker Visas as well as a better vetting and IDing system. Just as Trump has stated this should include a hold on ALL immigration not already in the pipeline, until this system could be setup. If it was made a priority we could do it in less then two years.

To handle the illegals already in the country. Setup a system to account for and process them. A "Blue Card" would be issued in the first 6 months of the program to all illegals that turn themselves in. After that time they lose this option. Once a card is issued they are processed and if they have NO felony legal issues they could stay or go home. If they go home the slate is wiped and they can process for immigration Visa as normal. If they stay then a system of vetting them for a Green Card would be put in place after a period of time. This would be a one time thing and after the "open" period would be gone. Any one that did not take advantage of it or got in after would be excluded.

Yes I have though about this a lot. And no I have NO issues with immigrants. We just need to control the process more tightly and we could still let in bigger numbers once the system was in place.

So YES we can fix the border issue, IF we truly wanted to and where willing to take the pain of fixing a problem we have let grow for decades.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dismanrc

How exactly do we close the boarders? I've wondered this for a while. We haves TONS of miles of coast line to the south, to the east, to the west, to the north. The Coast Guard can't keep people from sailing on rafts from Cuba to here. They can't keep all the drugs out of the country. The board patrol can't keep illegals out. Closing the boarder is impossible.
how about GSR radars? drones and aerostats. seismic sensors. triple fence where terrain permits. patrols. concurrent with creating a correctly sized guest worker program with vetting system. a evaluation of the immigration system to determine exactly how many immigrants we can bear economically, job wise, security wise and culturally. if changes are warranted the thing can be streamlined and quotas can be adjusted. also the unofficial hero admissions (like for interpreters, or people who enlist or aid us overseas who are in danger as a result or foreign nationals who serve in our military) should be enfranchised in law.

Wow. That's a lot of surveillance equipment. It's odd seeing conspiracy enthusiasts pitching for more surveillance equipment in our government's hands. I hope you know that this is how it starts. Implement that plan, then 10 - 15 years down the line, don't be surprised when you find out its been turned on you.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

How exactly do we close the boarders? I've wondered this for a while. We haves TONS of miles of coast line to the south, to the east, to the west, to the north. The Coast Guard can't keep people from sailing on rafts from Cuba to here. They can't keep all the drugs out of the country. The board patrol can't keep illegals out. Closing the boarder is impossible.

Closing a border would be easy. North and south korea have it right.

Landmines in our country is a good idea? Plus there are people who managed to cross the boarder from N. Korea to S. Korea all the time...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

how about GSR radars? drones and aerostats. seismic sensors. triple fence where terrain permits. patrols. concurrent with creating a correctly sized guest worker program with vetting system. a evaluation of the immigration system to determine exactly how many immigrants we can bear economically, job wise, security wise and culturally. if changes are warranted the thing can be streamlined and quotas can be adjusted. also the unofficial hero admissions (like for interpreters, or people who enlist or aid us overseas who are in danger as a result or foreign nationals who serve in our military) should be enfranchised in law.

Wow. That's a lot of surveillance equipment. It's odd seeing conspiracy enthusiasts pitching for more surveillance equipment in our government's hands. I hope you know that this is how it starts. Implement that plan, then 10 - 15 years down the line, don't be surprised when you find out its been turned on you.
if it ever gets that bad then in the spirit of our founders we will take care of business as they did.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

if it ever gets that bad then in the spirit of our founders we will take care of business as they did.

So give the government the rope to hang yourselves with then react accordingly when they step out of line... Sounds like a stellar plan you got there. /sarc

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join