It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Reinstating 'Assault' Weapons Ban to Prevent Terrorism is Common Sense

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: forkedtongue

So explain to me why americans are buying guns in a record sales since obama is in office, cant be the fear mongers that tell us we will die on a daily basis.

I still stand by what i said obama is the greatest gun seller in the usa.

Because Obama has been running his mouth about them.

IF he would stop.

So would the sales.

As was said over 100 million guns have been sold since his election.

Which means the people don't want draconian laws depriving them of the Life,LIBERTY, and property.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wonder if they plan to ban all bomb making equipment too.

Oh government, you so naive

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

They already have.

That's why during the 90s ammonia nitrate chemical composition was changed.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Firearms included, although would you not agree that some regulation should be instituted for the possession firearms?

Actually, he is for the regulation and actual confiscation of firearms as long as the government targets the right people.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Exactly. Oklahoma City was fertilizer and a rental van. And killed 168 people. No bans?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They already have.

There are many ways to make bombs... you know with common items. it was sarcasm

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Let me preface in saying I am against all out bans when it comes to the discussion of gun control.

But wonder how many in this thread all up in arms about how bans don't work are all for the travel bans recently talked about and great and effective that would be...
Then turning to the "if we just stop one it will be worth it" logic.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

originally posted by: rossacus
It us common sense though. What is the need for an "assault" weapons. You can have your guns, maintain paranoid thoughts of someone breaking in to your homes as justification for the gun in the first place.

Isn't a standard gun enough? Genuine question guys? Is there a possible reason outside constitutional right and amendments, because on the level, it's a poor reason, for owning a gun that can cause maximum damage simply for defensive reasons.

Hunting is different, if you get your kicks out of mutilating animals with multiple bullets then that's your choice, but still not a justifiable reason for high powered automatic weapons.

For brevity, I will ignore your clear ignorance and lack of knowledge of firearms to answer the question of a possible reason for owning a semi-automatic rifle. I help friends defend ranch lands here in TX from wild hogs, that destroy crops, ruin fencing, etc. I've come upon 8-12 hogs before, some of the 150 - 220 lbs (or more) all mean, nasty, tusked SOBs. You need a semi-automatic weapon if a few of them decide to run up on you. That also goes for coyotes that destroy cattle and other game animals. Have you ever come upon a pack of yotes tearing up a Sow giving birth? The yotes have blood lust and you need a semi-auto that can reach out to start dropping them and help protect the farmer / cattle ranchers way of life. Just one of many legit reasons why one may want to legally own a semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine.

You got to remember that many progressives forget that not everyone lives in urban environments... their only exposure to guns is what they see on TV in rap videos and movies.

link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
I need to hurry up and buy an AK an AR and a shotgun before they go extinct.

Just become a criminal and you can get them relatively easily, even if you're a felon!

Call now, and we'll throw in free ammunition for the same low price!

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah well gun travel has been banned from entering this country.

People don't seem up in arms about that.

That is when the government isn't using straw purchasers to send them across the southern border.

And that same government arming terrorists overseas.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So no age restriction, No I.D,No background check and no psychological screening? Nothing whatsoever just anyone who's an American citizen should be permitted legal use? Is that essentially what your saying when your quoting the bill of rights, correct me?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You can legally purchase firearms from oversees and have it imported. Perhaps that is why no one is up-in-arms over it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Let me preface in saying I am against all out bans when it comes to the discussion of gun control.

But wonder how many in this thread all up in arms about how bans don't work are all for the travel bans recently talked about and great and effective that would be...

Here's the problem in your comparison--the second amendment does exist, much to the chagrin of anti-gun people. This, according to the SCOTUS rulings and accepted interpretation under the law, gives us the right--not privilege, not ability, but right--to own firearms for self-defense purposes, and that this right shall not be infringed (according to the original verbiage, which has been bastardized by the states and federal government and infringed upon numerous times).

Travel, in the sense that I think you're talking about, is not a guaranteed right that shall not be infringed. But since you were vague about which travel bans you mean, I can't get into more detail other than to say that, for citizens of the United States, free travel between states has been said to be a right through a couple different court rulings, although nothing says that it can't be regulated.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Freedom of movement is a constitutional right. And it is a guaranteed right much like the 2nd A.
edit on 9-12-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I think the answer there is pretty simple. Bans don't work. Especially with such an easily crossed border.

As for the "if we just stop one it will be worth it" logic, that is over before it starts. If saving one life is worth it, then we should ban all forms of personal transportation. Look at how many people are killed in traffic accidents every year. Hundreds of thousands of lives could be saved by banning the ownership and use of personal transportation. There is no denying that. But it doesn't happen and it never will because it would affect people's ability to earn a living and it would have huge negative effects on business. The economy would collapse. The point is clear - money is more important than those hundreds of thousands of lives.

So I wonder, how many people who say the sacrifice is worth it when talking about the right to own firearms, would be willing to give up their cars in the name of saving lives?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It was more about the thought process of why do we have bans if they don't work anyway.
And that that the ban would be worth it if we were able to stop an attack and save lives.

And yes I was vague, purposefully so, but I am sure you know what I am talking about.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Freedom of movement is a constitutional right. And it is a guaranteed right much like the 2nd A.

That applies to US citizens only, with restriction to movement between states. It does not apply to international travel.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You can legally purchase firearms from oversees and have it imported. Perhaps that is why no one is up-in-arms over it.

So your saying that I can purchase a Russian rifle from the Izhmash factory and have it imported into the US?
edit on 12/9/2015 by SpaDe_ because: sp

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They already have.

No they haven't. You can walk into virtually any kitchen in America and get the stuff you need to make a bomb.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What do you expect? It's been, what 15 years almost since 9/11 and what have YOU (as in you the people) accomplished during this time?

Nothing.

What do you expect to be able to get done?

Nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join