It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Reinstating 'Assault' Weapons Ban to Prevent Terrorism is Common Sense

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dismanrc

How exactly do we close the boarders? I've wondered this for a while. We haves TONS of miles of coast line to the south, to the east, to the west, to the north. The Coast Guard can't keep people from sailing on rafts from Cuba to here. They can't keep all the drugs out of the country. The board patrol can't keep illegals out. Closing the boarder is impossible.
how about GSR radars? drones and aerostats. seismic sensors. triple fence where terrain permits. patrols. concurrent with creating a correctly sized guest worker program with vetting system. a evaluation of the immigration system to determine exactly how many immigrants we can bear economically, job wise, security wise and culturally. if changes are warranted the thing can be streamlined and quotas can be adjusted. also the unofficial hero admissions (like for interpreters, or people who enlist or aid us overseas who are in danger as a result or foreign nationals who serve in our military) should be enfranchised in law.
edit on 11-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dismanrc

How exactly do we close the boarders? I've wondered this for a while. We haves TONS of miles of coast line to the south, to the east, to the west, to the north. The Coast Guard can't keep people from sailing on rafts from Cuba to here. They can't keep all the drugs out of the country. The board patrol can't keep illegals out. Closing the boarder is impossible.

Closing a border would be easy. North and south korea have it right.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And it doesn't work, people still get through it.

Do you know the size differences between the two borders you are talking about btw?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Look there are two parties, the man and woman party - one wants personal freedom and the other wants security and free stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

I don't think you understand what "free" means.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I Don't know why they act like it's 'impossible'.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Implausible is the better word.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Once again terrorism being used as a tool to remove people's rights and freedoms. Terrorists get their way again.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Banning guns is fool's errand. Any kind of gun. All someone has to do is rent a 3D printer for a weekend, and they can print enough firearms to arm an entire squadron. The 3D programs to print your very own gun were downloaded 100,000 times a day.

And 3D printing tech is progressing in leaps and bounds every day.
edit on 12-12-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Do you know the size differences between the two borders you are talking about btw?

DID i say it works 100 percent? no i didnt. And the borders big i know,but it snot like we lack barb wire,mines,automatic gun turrets and soldiers to guard and maintain it right? Point its it would almost cut down the people coming across to almost zero.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I Don't know why they act like it's 'impossible'.

The higher up a GSR is the less it is effected by terrain deadspaces and clutter. I was Radar guy in Target Acquisition Batteries for 20 years. Even old old fossil tech like the AN/TPS-25 could ruin a sneaky pedestrian's day at 15 Kms away. Nickname: Magic Mushroom because it looked like a tall mushroom. with the mast maxed out it laughed at deadspace. plus you don't just stick it anywhere. you intelligently place it for coverage of area of interest maximizing coverage. since the days of the mighty magic mushroom which was only retired because nobody made parts for it anymore (it was made of vacuum tubes it was so old) ; even better GSRs have been made.
edit on 12-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

DID i say it works 100 percent? no i didnt. And the borders big i know,but it snot like we lack barb wire,mines,automatic gun turrets and soldiers to guard and maintain it right? Point its it would almost cut down the people coming across to almost zero.
well you don't want to gun down people coming across the border. you want to intercept them question them and send them back or dissuade them from trying to cross or block them from doing so. gunning down people for border incursion from a country with which we are not at war is bad.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

this thing was designed betwen the korean war and vietnam. it's purpose was to find infiltrators who had more in mind than finding a job. it could also find vehicles and the trained operator could distinguished between animals, walkers, runners, wheeled and tracked vehicles and in some cases types of tracked vehicle. these days that expertise can be mimicked with software.

this GSR was only retired with extreme reluctance because maintaining it became impossible at the beginning of the 1990s. RIP to the magic mushroom.
edit on 12-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

well you don't want to gun down people coming across the border. you want to intercept them question them and send them back or dissuade them from trying to cross or block them from doing so. gunning down people for border incursion from a country with which we are not at war is bad.

Actually if enough of them die trying to cross they will stop coming themselves. And Yeha doing so may be bad but its technically a illegal incursion and considered stopping a invader. Its not illegal to do so.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Actually if enough of them die trying to cross they will stop coming themselves. And Yeha doing so may be bad but its technically a illegal incursion and considered stopping a invader. Its not illegal to do so.
even in war there are rules of engagement and the laws and customs of land warfare. it is illegal to do as you describe. Western nations created treaties and accords to prevent this sort of wanton killing from happening and to punish it when it does.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Badgered1

The AR style rifle was designed as a military weapon. It has a rapid fire capability, a pistol grip, and a large magazine.

No it wasn't.

No military in the world would carry and AR.

The Ar-15 was specifically designed for the civilian market, and as such was never designed with Mil=Spec standards.

Literally they are apples to oranges.

Nope. You are, unfortunately, absolutely wrong. The army adopted the AR-15 as the M-16. Colt also then marketed the AR-15 to civilians. Designed by Armalite.

AR-15 is semi-auto dude. M16 is auto.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

even in war there are rules of engagement and the laws and customs of land warfare. it is illegal to do as you describe. Western nations created treaties and accords to prevent this sort of wanton killing from happening and to punish it when it does.

UNLESS it is a warzone and thanks to the NDAA i t is considered as such. ANd a Automated turret cant be put in jail can it? you post up entering is dangerous and you have given warning to do nto try it. Its why we can shoot people who tyr to escape prisons or tyr to jump the whitehouse gate. its legal to do so. And Sinc e th e guard isnt under th e same mandate as th e regular army THEY could enforce it.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I thought I'd drop this here. If the current system of federal background checks just don't work and that's why we need to ban "assault weapons" ... then ... well, I think the point of the graphic is self-evident.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ted nugents ACTUALLY make sa good point for once

THIS might get alot of them to stop using these things. It turns out almost everything has pig in it to some degree. lol. hiularious. SO all those suicide bombers,gunmen have all been going to hell according to their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It isn't 100k and is his stance that the background checks don't work or that to many people are able to get around them?
Just because there is a meme of it doesn't make it true. Like the checks those refugees, the 10k, are almost 2 years long. Not ones done in a month or less depending on your state.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join