It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Kandinsky

Honest question. Is it possible you don't look like easy enough prey? Would your experience possibly be different if you were a small white girl in a skirt?

Quite possibly.

My point isn't that Muslims are all cool, it's that 'no-go areas' are largely mythical. In the places I frequent, they are always the poor ends of towns where it isn't always a good idea for anyone to be walking if they're strangers.

Just thinking now, the only poor areas where there are never any bad vibes or risks are in China Towns. I wonder why that is?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No idea, Boston's china town definitely has bad vibes

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Is it a poor area? Or is there cultural conflict with whatever colour skin or belief system lives next door?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SergeantSmoke
btw isnt the editor for the daily mail the whiny brit Piers Morgan?

No, he isn't.

It's astounding that, in this day and age with information at our fingertips, people still wallow in ignorance.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Is it a poor area? Or is there cultural conflict with whatever colour skin or belief system lives next door?

Bit of both. Asian gangs. It's better than it used to be. 20 years ago I definitely would not have wanted to be in some of china town at night.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
With a few obvious exceptions like warzones you can go nearly anywhere on the planet and get on with people if you're humble, friendly and respectful.

In my early 20s I stayed for brief periods in places like Rocinha in Rio, Lima, and Kibera in Kenya and I had amazing experiences and while I did need to be cautious nobody ever tried to rob or kill me. To think anybody would believe there's no go areas in London is ridiculous. The world is far too small to spend your life afraid of other humans.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: symphonyofblase
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Doesn't donald trump live in that country called the united states?

Y'know, that place where police officers can't/won't go into certain neighbourhoods and parts of cities, becausethey are scared of gang members?

Yes. And we exclude violent gang members from entering the country. So sounds like you agree with him?

Agree with who?
You're going to have be a whole lot more specific on who you're talking about, and what you think I agree with.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: forkedtongue

I'd defend Islam yes...

I wouldn't defend idiot Muslims who want to endanger the public though.
That's a separate issue altogether, FT.

Can you defend this then, Chalres? www.youtube.com...
I believe it is Allahu akhbar they are shouting. And contrary to the continued lies being spread, it doesn't mean god is great. It is 'our god is greater'. It's the child playground rant of 'my dad is bigger than your dad'. Having spent time in the middle east, in both of Abraham's offspring's territory, I welcome you to challenge me on that statement.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Really Charlie????

So what? So you think the police wouldn't arrest or go near these guys?
It clearly states IN THE VIDEO you linked that these people have been ARRESTED!!
These are a tiny minority, less than 10 people.... I'd love to see them try and stop me drinking or dancing through their area.

I could post a video of the Westboro Baptist Church and say "Christians in America are targeting funerals and calling people fags" and it's rampant in the USA..... but that's not true is it?
It's a handful of ignorant scumbags in the video you posted and helping the WBC.

It's BS propaganda.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: alldaylong

They are too scared to into the travellers campsite near my village, unless they have every police car in the county available. Fair enough though they don't exactly receive a warm welcome, but things are not confined to Muslim areas of London, by any stretch of the imagination

We used to "score" off the travellers back in the day.
Never had any issues... but there are always bad apples in every single group/demographic.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

I'd defend Islam yes...

I believe it is Allahu akhbar they are shouting. And contrary to the continued lies being spread, it doesn't mean god is great. It is 'our god is greater'. It's the child playground rant of 'my dad is bigger than your dad'. Having spent time in the middle east, in both of Abraham's offspring's territory, I welcome you to challenge me on that statement.

You aren't very smart are you? That youtube link you posted was uploaded this year.
Here's the original video, which was uploaded FIVE F****ING YEARS AGO.

www.youtube.com...

It is actually a video of a march held in london in 2009, to protest the israeli bombing of gaza, and part of it turned violent briefly when a small group of protesters broke away from the main crowd outside the israeli embassy.

A minority giving a bad name to the majority, I believe the saying goes? You'll probably find that the people in the video are the very same aforementioned "idiot muslims" that charlie said he won't defend??

Also, here's a link to a newspaper article about it, let me know if you need help understanding all the big words in it.

Gaza protest march ends in violence
edit on 121215 by symphonyofblase because: Added link to vid, posted vid isn't working

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

edit on 12/12/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

I'd defend Islam yes...

You aren't very smart are you? That youtube link you posted was uploaded this year.
Here's the original video, which was uploaded FIVE F****ING YEARS AGO.

www.youtube.com...

It is actually a video of a march held in london in 2009, to protest the israeli bombing of gaza, and part of it turned violent briefly when a small group of protesters broke away from the main crowd outside the israeli embassy.

A minority giving a bad name to the majority, I believe the saying goes? You'll probably find that the people in the video are the very same aforementioned "idiot muslims" that charlie said he won't defend??

Also, here's a link to a newspaper article about it, let me know if you need help understanding all the big words in it.

Gaza protest march ends in violence

So.....everything I said is right, it's just the 'context' is different?
It's still an issue of 'My god's bigger than your god.'
Timing is everything. but brevity is nothing?

Freedom of speech is a glorious thing. Curiously enough, it is only found in states and societies where freedom of speech is (presently,) overtly enjoyed. Please feel free to encourage this idealism in any middle eastern country that defers to islam as it's political/moral/ethical constitution.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

I could post a video of the Westboro Baptist Church and say "Christians in America are targeting funerals and calling people fags" and it's rampant in the USA..... but that's not true is it?
It's a handful of ignorant scumbags in the video you posted and helping the WBC.

It's BS propaganda.

An interesting but often overlooked point about the WBC in these discussions.

Most Christians appear to agree that the WBC is a hateful minority that twists their interpretation of religion.

So... whenever WBC is scheduled to appear, even larger groups of other Christians (and plenty of non-Christians, to be fair) head out as well. The Patriot Guard Riders were formed specifically to prevent the WBC from interfering with funerals.

Are there Muslim equivalents who are actively looking to get out on the street and counteract the "hateful minority" in their own communities? This isn't a rhetorical question to hide an accusation, I'm genuinely asking because I don't know. Maybe there is - and if so, shouldn't these groups be getting the public recognition and support that the anti-WBC groups get? If there aren't - why not?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I kind of rate her for being able to turn trolling into a lucrative profession.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
dude there are "no go" areas for cops where i live. in OHIO!! its got nothing to do with Muslims, it has to do with crime and overall risk of going into such a place.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Needs embedding that.

Idiot.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
dude there are "no go" areas for cops where i live. in OHIO!! its got nothing to do with Muslims, it has to do with crime and overall risk of going into such a place.

It's mainly to do with poverty in the uk. There are many white areas in the uk that are no go zones, there's loads of cities I wouldn't go walking around the council estates of. Manchester Liverpool, Nottingham, Portsmouth. Some Tough northern cities. Katie Hopkins would get abuse wherever she goes in the uk.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join