It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
Agreed, very few complain about Beth din courts for the Jewish community which enforces Jewish arbitrary laws. It's not got the same ring as sharia courts and anti Semitic is one of the most powerful slurs you can throw at people. Islamaphobia has now become a badge of pride for some.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Is Mr. Trump also running for Dictator of the world? If "No" then what does it matter what He thinks about London?

This is akin to worrying about Billary's forwarded e-mail fart jokes and NOT the $6B that went missing when She was the head of the State Dep't. and then $2B shows up from Her Saudi bosses and put into the Clinton Fraudation™..

Q: The reason these 5 cops won't show up in uniform???

A: They're currently "undercover"...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think the DM are stirring things up as usual aswell as using lazy journalism and just pinching things from other publications. The source that they used is breitbart

But a Metropolitan Police officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Breitbart London: “Islamification has and is occurring. Muslim areas are not new.” The officer, who has most of his experience in West London and across various police constabularies, added: “When I was a teenage lad in [B]urnley there were no go white areas. This IS the case still nationally… including London where you have to have extra vigilance in certain parts when you are working”.

So presumably this Police man is talking about between 10 -15 years ago, there were areas that were no-go for white people and he is talking about the NORTH of england where he grew up.....but it's only a problem now and the media is only picking up on it now? The fact that the media is using this as a story now stinks of bias and propaganda.

The breitbart article also quotes a man that phoned into a radio show, If you read it all in context and not just as Trump or the DM interpret it, it gives a different picture.

www.lbc.co.uk...

"Rob", currently serving in the Met Police, insisted police weren't scared, but admitted bosses had told officers to avoid wearing uniforms in certain places in the capital. He told Nick Ferrari: "There has been a time when it's been advised not to wear half-blues or uniform to and from work. "It's like damage limitation. You try to do the most you can to prevent anything bad from happening. "All intelligence is around you and you do the best with that to essentially stay safe. And if that means taking measures to not identify yourself off-duty too much then so be it. "It's covering your backs. It's a common sense approach."

Regarding no-go areas in London, Rob added: "With gang crime in London, there are areas which you wouldn't go into as a pair of cops in a car because of the fear of having things thrown at you when you're driving through certain estates - bottles etc.

"There are areas when you have to be a little switched on about what's happening in the world."

Afterwards, Nick Ferrari commented: "Hang on a second, maybe there is something in what Donald Trump said. Police are being advised not to travel to and from work in their uniforms.

"So suddenly all this "How dare he say this about London", well no the Met Police accept it as well.

"I appreciate this isn't radicalisation. But certain estates they only go mob-handed - I don't blame them for a second.

So 'Rob' seems to have been talking about certain estates and not wearing uniforms due to common sense and gang crime not because they fear for their lives or from muslim people specifically. Even the radio host says ' I appreciate this isn't radicalisation'.

I think the DM being biased and xenophobic will cherry pick and twist as many policemen's quotes as they can. Trump just wants publicity and to cynically get the support of American's who fear the current situation. I accept their are some extremist muslims that want to carry out attacks but the right wing media is really trying to push all this into panic and hysteria, maybe so people will support another full blown war.

edit on 10-12-2015 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

From that article

A Lancashire Police officer told MailOnline: 'There are Muslim areas of Preston that, if we wish to patrol, we have to contact local Muslim community leaders to get their permission'.

One officer from Yorkshire said on the online forum Police.Community: 'I'm not allowed to travel in half blues to work anymore IN MY OWN CAR as we're 'All at risk of attack' - yet as soon as someone points out the obvious it's 'divisive

So let me get this straight a group of people that it is known to have a smaller radical group within that group are responsible for known acts of terrorism are in a community that won't allow the police to even go into, or they are afraid to go into. Ok this is how PC pushes facisist idealogy to the front, because regular people can't use their brains for 2 seconds. Then you get the most radical elements and ideologies from each side in a war with each other.

Houston we have a problem.
Political correctness making people brain dead or just scared, it's this spineless stupidity that has allowed Trump to flourish because people have had enough, they want it to stop, if they need to put a buffoon into office to make it stop they are willing to do it, how pathetic is that? That's why all the stupid stuff he says has no effect, because those that support him accept him for what he is.
A climate of fear favors him.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If this is so bad why does the UK let them get away with this?

I personally think this is way out of bounds
But I imagine it’s not a crime if they let it happen

*POLITICAL CORRECTNESS*

The very same reason that #Social services ... #Councils...

#Police...looked the other way, and ignored the fact when

15 year old girls were being groomed, assaulted, raped, and

prostituted by Asian men in Rotherham!

They were ALL to afraid to do ANYTHING about it for fear of

being accused of being *RACIST*

*POLITICAL CORRECTNESS*
has gone too far and will be the

downfall of society!!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
So let me get this straight a group of people that it is known to have a smaller radical group within that group are responsible for known acts of terrorism are in a community that won't allow the police to even go into, or they are afraid to go into.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Help me with this because I keep hearing people say, that only less than 0.5% of the Muslims are radicalised, and the good and modest Muslims don't support them, or even recognize them was Muslims.

So how does this handful of radicalised Muslims terrorize and rule a whole town to the point that even the police have no sway?

The moderate Muslim it would appear, does not follow the Koran with

the same fervour as the radical Muslim

Maybe some of those people that are so quick to defend the good and moderate Muslims might want to entertain the thought that maybe keeping quiet and not intervening, is the same as supporting.

Could it be that they, being moderate feel a guilt for not following the

Koran to the letter, and with the same fervour as the radicals, are afraid

to confront the radicals for fear of being accused of not being *proper

Muslims*?
edit on 10-12-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Not buying the racism angle of Rotherham at all. It wasn't incompetence and hand wringing PC liberalism; for it to have occurred on the scale it did there had to be council officials, members of social services and people within the police involved at various levels.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Well, it's beginning to look like there's some truth to some of the rationale Trump used to justify his statements, police officers in London are indeed concerned for their safety in some Muslim communities:

'Trump’s not wrong – we can’t wear uniform in our OWN cars': Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so 'radicalised' they are no-go areas

Thoughts?

This has been discussed quite thoroughly in a few places. The main thing to realise is that they are talking about two different things - ON duty and OFF duty.

For officers who are on duty, with all the necessary equipment needed to do their job, colleagues to back them up, and a radio for when things go pear-shaped, there are no "no go" areas in the UK. There are areas where officers will take additional caution, but nowhere that is considered a "no go" area.

The officers in the article are NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. They are talking about the risks of traveling to and from work. Officers who live in certain areas or have to go through certain areas have been warned not to wear their uniforms while traveling. Instead they should change at the station and travel wearing civilian clothing. This is to avoid an off-duty officer being seen as an "easy target" with all the impact of being in uniform, but none of the protection of being on-duty (ie radio with emergency button, backup, etc). A video of a uniformed officer getting beheaded would have a significant psychological impact, after all.

This isn't new. There was a similar issue with the IRA years ago. Officers back then were also warned to vary their routes and times when commuting to avoid being followed.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Not buying the racism angle of Rotherham at all. It wasn't incompetence and hand wringing PC liberalism; for it to have occurred on the scale it did there had to be council officials, members of social services and people within the police involved at various levels.

*Racism fear*

The report found several staff described being nervous about identifying
the ethnic origins of the perpetrators for fear of being considered racist

Others had clear direction from managers NOT to do so

www.bbc.co.uk...

Clear enough for you?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Political correctness making people brain dead or just scared, it's this spineless stupidity that has allowed Trump to flourish because people have had enough, they want it to stop, if they need to put a buffoon into office to make it stop they are willing to do it, how pathetic is that?

We have not learned from history, what happens when the supposedly good people do nothing ,while the supposedly radicals, are allowed to rule unconstrained.

The people that are being affected the most are the ones that have the least to lose, but their least is all they have.

It was recently reported that the middle class is dwindling and this is not being received well, especially by those that feel they are being cheated, after having worked their whole lives, having made sacrifices for thier community, and country, to end their time on Earth living hand to mouth.

This in is why some normal, sane, and rational, people are backing Trump.

Iowa Truckers Backing Trump

A climate of fear favors him, but it is not because they are racist. It is because they fear losing everything they have ever known, and they fear becoming a foreigner in their own land.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But it's still fear.

If this type of thing was going on in my neighborhood. I would band together with my neighbors to stop it. That would take care of the problem or, we would all die trying. We would film it and have protests and have our own patrols and get the media involved and take pictures and use social media and contact our elected officials and we would fight if we had to.

If your country and neighborhoods and villages and towns and counties are important, then you will fight for em. If not, then you will live in fear the rest of your lives on your knees and your children will be embarrassed for you, because you wouldn't take a stand.

I'm embarrassed for you if you won't fight for what you believe in.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Not really.

www.independent.co.uk... html
edit on 10-12-2015 by MagnaCarta2015 because: link corrected

"Two councillors and a police officer in Rotherham have been accused of having sex with victims of abuse in the South Yorkshire town, it has been claimed today.

The allegations against the two politicians and a police constable have been reported by The Times as an independent inspection report into Rotherham Council was due to be published today.

The police officer has been also accused of passing information on to abusers in the town. A colleague of the officer has reportedly been accused of failing to take appropriate action after receiving information about the officer's conduct. Both have been reported to the Independent Police Complaints Commission."
edit on 10-12-2015 by MagnaCarta2015 because: quote added

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

We have two Londoners in this thread that I know off Charlie, you and I. One is a Muslim and the other not. I have lived all over London including East London, (Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Mile End) and I have seen this for myself, you may be slightly biased in your views.

Three Londoners.

I've lived in London all my life. I've worked with "challenging" youths in South West and North London. I've worked with less troubled youths in Stepney and Bethnal Green. Heck, I was one of the challenging youths in Stockwell back in the 80s.

I've also got mates in the Police - detectives, uniform and specials.

I remember in the 90s, when Muslim kids were all about cars and girls and, yes, having a smoke and a beer now and again.

It changed in the late 90s. One of the kids I worked with showed up wearing a keffiyeh. I asked him when he became a Palestinian and he said "we're all Palestinians now". Part of me was surprised, part of me impressed that he had developed a political consciousness almost overnight.

Since then, more and more Muslim kids are visibly devout. They're the same kids but it's a reaction, a way to show who they are in a safe space.

Some, like the Ahmadiyya in south west London, are a million miles away from Donald Trump's cartoon villains.

The real nasties, the gangsters, are a hundred times scarier. They too are looking to belong, but where a girl wears a hijab as protection, as badge of identity, the gangsters will mace you or stab you for the heck of it. They honestly believe they are invulnerable. They have no boundaries, no coherent view of the world beyond the next score.

Speak to any Met copper, any teacher, any youth worker.

Or you could believe unnamed sources in the Daily Mail.

Oh, then speak to anyone working in the media about unnamed sources in tabloids.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
I lived in London for 7 years, but nowhere in London is as rough as Salford in Manchester. I wouldn't even walk the streets in many parts of Manchester, proper rough, like Beirut. Burnt out cars all over the place. No Muslims though, just white scallies who hated students. You'd have to be brave to walk to Salford precent at any time of the day. I was never afraid of walking anywhere in London like I was in Manchester. I lived in Tooting Bec and camberwell and near Peckham rye too. Never had a problem.

You want scary, go to Detroit. We have nothing like it on this side of the Atlantic.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Trump is right on there being some dodgy Muslim areas in the UK. At the same time most muslims are actually very nice folk and in some ways nicer than the Christians in some areas. Little sh8ts white lads going through their late teens seem far more of a problem to me personally on a Friday night to be honest than our local muslim community which in the most part is very nice.I will take my chance walking past a mosque on a Friday night to walking past a yobbie pub/club any time

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
I think they are jumping on the bandwagon. I think they don't wear uniform in the bad areas cos of gangs....not islam. I haven't heard of police being stabbed for religious reasons before. Plus it's the daily mail so it couldn't be more sensationalised if it wanted to be. The real problem is in Birmingham, not London. If trump wanted credit he would have mentioned that area instead. Then he could possibly be correct.

Whoooaaa....hang on.

so where in brum cant i go????

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Why not? They stop whatever is on Sunday nights now to let some Muslim, bigot idiot take over our televisions and then talk about that?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Like some posting here, couldn't care less about the law. They are out for peace for themselves, no one else.

However for those that live in the area loosing their day to day way of life is a worrying prospect that should be stamped out fast.

It should have been set in stone, :: No changing of laws to adapt to a foreign religious minority ::.

It has no place here, just as we have no place in islamic countries. If things are not as they want them, go home.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They're full of s#...

I'm originally from one of the roughest parts of London, if not the roughest and the only reason it's a "no go" for police is because we hate their lying manipulative guts...

They've been setting people up for years where I'm from...

It's called backlash, & it's nothing to do with Islamification...
It's been happening long before Muslims had any significant numbers within London communities.

Where are you from? How about some details?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join