It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So Donald Trump stated a possible fact

BIG S___

Hitler and Mussolini made the trains run on time

You got to live by a moral code or you will die without a soul and live without a heart

And if you don’t believe in a soul

Then you do know that you’ve got a heart, I hope

And you do know that one day a Trump will come after you're ass

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
I lived in London for 7 years, but nowhere in London is as rough as Salford in Manchester. I wouldn't even walk the streets in many parts of Manchester, proper rough, like Beirut. Burnt out cars all over the place. No Muslims though, just white scallies who hated students. You'd have to be brave to walk to Salford precent at any time of the day. I was never afraid of walking anywhere in London like I was in Manchester. I lived in Tooting Bec and camberwell and near Peckham rye too. Never had a problem.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I wonder if its just that they (the 5 officers) don't feel safe?

My mother swears she's going to be mugged in broad daylight walking downtown, but the actual statistical chances of it happening are 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 + a few more zeros.

Just because you perceive a threat, it isn't indicative of an actual threat.

I could find 5 friends and we could all "claim" that we can't go the grocery store with God Bless America shirts without being accosted by Muslims. It might even make national news. Would it be true? No.

And we might even actually believe it. I mean, people can and do think other's are staring at them and out to "get them".

So just because someone thinks a place is dangerous doesn't mean it actually is. Perception creates people's realities, and in these people's perceptions, they are somehow threatened by Muslims.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I think he crossed the road to go back to the barracks after collecting donations for the help the Heros charity at the time they killed him.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
Now that rings a bell. Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
I review all sources of information... doing my best to stomach both extremes such as Salon.com and FoxNews... including the Daily Mail, it's the only way to form a complete picture of the full spectrum of madness that is "news."

Your reviews conclude that a 'story' from unnamed and un-sourced police officers that claim 'Trump is RIGHT' is news worthy??

It's of extremely high value. The Daily Mail has historically prevented much of the extreme Islamaphobia rampant in right-wing US News, while also being very critical of Trump (six critical stories on the front page right now). In that regard, a story such as this is indeed worth reading, and comparing to all else that is being published.

This might be why the Daily Mail's front page is filled with trash stories such as Mother-of-thre e who spent £1,500 on 300 Christmas presents for her children insists they're NOT spoilt after she's accused of being 'delusional' and 'pressie-bragging'. Their readers will swallow any old garbage they print...

And if the daily fail really has 'historically prevented much of the extreme Islamaphobia rampant in right-wing US News' (which I highly doubt) then why haven't they done the same in the UK?
infact they do the complete opposite...

While I think a Trump presidency would be a disaster, from today's vantage point, it's a very high probability. To me, Trump's comments on banning entry to the US based on a religious test, is the rhetorical equivalent to the Munich Putsch, otherwise known as the Beer Hall Putsch -- many are calling it an act of treason, and that "act" has greatly ramped up discussion and awareness of Trump.

Posting an flimsy tale about how a handful of UK police officers apparently claimed that Trump was 'RIGHT' in defense of his recent comments is helping push his cause, as seen by his many supporters in this thread alone...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It's class warfare. My class is winning, but they shouldn't be.

Warren Buffet

Half of the truth isn't the whole story, but that's how propaganda works and precisely why some self-proclaimed Security State advocates decided to support our trumpeter of polemics.

Deep-seated economic, social and cultural change combined with flawed policies and approaches concerning young people and marginalised neighbourhoods, and with some initially counter-productive responses, to create an explosive mix.

young people and the 2011 'riots' in England

Pretty old news, same story with regards to France btw.

The fight against urban apartheid

What we see here is New Speak islamisation of Urban Apartheit, language is the first victim in every information war. Kinda desperate approach, as if we would trust our Security Büttels blindly...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

It's not a story worth reading, and a poor attempt at excusing Trumps comments

He's done, and you're gonna have to come to terms with that.

And you're gonna have to come to terms that his poll numbers are increasing, despite his comments.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I love how people are stating that Charlie must be wrong because being a member of a demographic precludes him from having an objective opinion. I'll have to remember that if I ever decide to participate in another BLM-related thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

police officers in London are indeed concerned for their safety in some Muslim communities

In the 1960's The Met Police where afraid to go into areas that where under control of Ronnie & Reggie Kray.

So what point are you trying to make ?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

rhetorical equivalent to the Munich Putsch

Yep. I thought something similar as well, on a slightly different occasion. Just imagine the recent White House statement regarding his illegitimacy actually provoking a coup...
Far fetched probably, but it will definitely stir up more crap.

With all actors acting weirdly as if on cue, you'll have a new day-& night-job deconstructing the plethora of disinfo involved. Crazy times, fascinating indeed.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Prezbo369

It's not a story worth reading, and a poor attempt at excusing Trumps comments

He's done, and you're gonna have to come to terms with that.

And you're gonna have to come to terms that his poll numbers are increasing, despite his comments.

Hey it's no secret that there are a lot of islamophobic republicans, however him leading the republican polls is not going to give him the presidency, not by a long way.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They are too scared to into the travellers campsite near my village, unless they have every police car in the county available. Fair enough though they don't exactly receive a warm welcome, but things are not confined to Muslim areas of London, by any stretch of the imagination

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I love how people are stating that Charlie must be wrong because being a member of a demographic precludes him from having an objective opinion. I'll have to remember that if I ever decide to participate in another BLM-related thread.

The best part to me was the whole "you're Muslim you can't be objective just like Christians can't be objective."

Apparently over half the world's population is simply incapable of being objective because religion.

Sad thing is I've personally seen Charlie condemn various angles of Muslim behavior more than once. I'm not sure which is worse, being incapable of objectivity simply because religion, or using selective memory to score fallacious points?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I've been making a point of talking to as many people as I can, here in NYC, about the Trump phenomenon. Those who support him typically say some version of: "I don't like everything he says, but he's obviously America First, and no one else is."

It's a fascinating phenomenon, not without dire historical parallels.

In my opinion, there are some disturbing trends in American conservatism reminiscent of Germany before and during the Nazi party's rise to power. I'm saying this, painfully aware of Godwin's Law but in this case, I think there are some valid comparisons. Principally these two things:

1. The rise in fervent nationalism supported by myths of a golden age ("Take Our Country Back" and "Make it Great Again!") and an almost religious reverence for mythical progenitors (in our case the Founding Fathers) who were somehow the unadulterated source of our "greatness." In Germany this started at the end of the 19th century with the volkisch movement.

2. Identification of minority groups to be the boogeyman of identity politics. Conservative politicians have tried out a few groups including illegal immigrants (criminals who are raping our women and "taking our jobs!") and homosexuals (particular favored by the Religious Right) but I think Muslims make the obvious best target all the way around for demonizing and fear mongering. The "Muslim Question" can be the new "Jewish Question" and obviously, if you keep pounding into peoples' heads that there's a serious question, they'll do their part and passionately demand a solution.

There are of course some substantive differences but not enough for my liking and the speed at which the rhetoric is escalating is particularly alarming.
edit on 2015-12-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Miles platting....worse place I have lived in the UK.
Lived in EC1 in london no trouble, I live in a Muslim area now...no trouble.
Daily Mail Sceptic worse scare mongering rag going.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The best part to me was the whole "you're Muslim you can't be objective just like Christians can't be objective."

Apparently over half the world's population is simply incapable of being objective because religion.

As an atheist, clearly my objective opinion should be in much higher demand!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: forkedtongue

I'd defend Islam yes...

I'm not calling you a left winger because I dont know you well enough, by why are left wingers so supportive and protective of Islam but so condescending and bigoted towards Christians? Is it a case of shared enemies and agendas?

Before you say it, I'm not a christian. I dont believe in any religion.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

1. The rise in fervent nationalism supported by myths of a golden age ("Take Our Country Back" and "Make it Great Again!")

You realize that "take our country back" has been a common theme in American politics going all the way back to the start? You also realize it was the 2004 DNC slogan? Howard Dean even wrote a book at the time and called it "taking back our country".

Look at what this nazi said in 2007:

“Tomorrow, we begin a great journey. A journey to take our country back.” -Barack Obama 2007

2. Identification of minority groups to be the boogeyman of identity politics. Conservative politicians have tried out a few groups including illegal immigrants (criminals who are raping our women and "taking our jobs!") and homosexuals (particular favored by the Religious Right) but I think Muslims make the obvious best target all the way around for demonizing and fear mongering. The "Muslim Question" can be the new "Jewish Question" and obviously, if you keep pounding into peoples' heads that there's a serious question, they'll do their part and passionately demand a solution.

Is this anything like the left constant demonetization of gun owners, Christians, white people and generally anyone who stands in the way of their agenda? I'm sure you have a rationalization for why demonetization of these groups is different.

edit on 9-12-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join