It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking my head at the stupidity....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: TrueBrit

What exactly are the smaller round abouts supposed to be? Who designed that madness?

I'll be honest, I googled "crazy British things", and the roundabout and fish head pie were the top hits.

The idea is that you have 5 mini roundabouts on a roundabout so in essence you do not have to travel the full way round but can cut across.

The bizarre thing is that it actually does work as long as you know what you are doing, the problems occur when someone from out of town panics and then it all goes haywire.

I was in the car with a friend who had been around the magic roundabout hundreds of time when someone who had the right of way did not pull out and it started backing up, he then pulled out when he should have not done and everyone followed suit and for a while it all went backwards!

The guy that invented it died a couple of years ago, as I said swindon is the testing ground for the UK and the current scheme seems to be how many roundabouts can you put on the roads before someone goes postal and how badly can you make the system one way.

My friend lives about 200 feet away from me, takes a minute to walk to his house but about 8-10 mins to drive there in heavy traffic.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
FIXT. Guess who got a post office box free of charge?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
FIXT. Guess who got a post office box free of charge?

Ha !!

Good for you !

The squeaky wheel gets the grease... awesome news AD.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join