It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Scientific Studies Showing the Link between Vaccines and Autism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Correlation /= causation.

Different forms of mercury. The one used in vaccines is harmless and in miniscule quantities.

Many scientific papers are published, many of them discredited.

It is offensive to say that autism is worse than polio, etc. Many people with Asperger's function just fine.

Mass hysteria.

Lack of understanding of science - I will briefly explain how scientific publishing works:

When a scientific study produces a result, that result will not be taken as fact straight away. More studies, by different people, are required to ratify the original suggested findings, before the result can be accepted as factual. Many published scientific papers are proven wrong by further studies, which are unable to replicate the original study's findings.

Many scientific papers are published that have used flawed methods. Every single paper I have seen used to support homeopathy has actually been discredited due to flawed methods. Same with anti-vaccination bullsh*t.

The media loves to misrepresent science. For example, it happens often that a "cure for cancer" will appear in the news, but people still die of cancer. How can that be? Well, if you actually read the scientific paper, more likely than not, the "cure for cancer" will be a development in a treatment of a very particular type of cancer. There are many different types of cancer, corresponding with many different types of treatment.

Do this make sense? Most people have no idea how scientific research works. People who oppose vaccinations and purchase homeopathic products are completely ignorant of how science works. I usually don't bother concerning myself with idiots, but ignorance can be dangerous - such as in the recent potentially lethal measles outbreaks in the US which have happened because of inane parents believing the media hype about vaccinations, and doing their own "research" on the internet, conveniently forgetting that anyone can purchase a domain and publish whatever the hell they want. Some of these asinine sites are presented rather well, some even with minimal spelling errors. People read it and believe it, because it looks official, so it must be true.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Hi...I was wondering how they researched that this particular type of mercury product that you mentioned they use in vaccines is harmless?

Did they test it on animals other than humans first.? If not which humans they test it on first?
And did they test it when it was injected straight into the blood stream via muscle, or was tested when the animal or human animal ingested it.?
Did they test it with being mixed with the preservatives and chemicals that they use when making the vaccines. After all certain chemicals when mixed other chemicals make good or bad reactions. Just wondering all of the above.

Also wondering why chicken pox from your country might be worse than chicken pox strain from my country. Someone mentioned this to me the other day.

Just wondering as you seem to think what you wrote is the only truth.

One last thing I have used homeopathic medicine for many different symptoms or problems and found they worked excellent. Maybe it's the placebo affect but that just proves the mind is powerful and strong and can heal.
Thanks for your time and some what negative forthright and energy. I do appreciate an answer.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Of course Thimerosal has been tested, hundreds of times since the '30s. It's not used in children's vaccines anymore, not since 2001 which makes the whole autism discussion obsolete.

Here are a couple of recent studies on thimerosal (ethylmercury) that show its safety:
LINK 1
LINK 2

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Hi...I was wondering how they researched that this particular type of mercury product that you mentioned they use in vaccines is harmless?

Did they test it on animals other than humans first.? If not which humans they test it on first?
And did they test it when it was injected straight into the blood stream via muscle, or was tested when the animal or human animal ingested it.?
Did they test it with being mixed with the preservatives and chemicals that they use when making the vaccines. After all certain chemicals when mixed other chemicals make good or bad reactions. Just wondering all of the above.

Also wondering why chicken pox from your country might be worse than chicken pox strain from my country. Someone mentioned this to me the other day.

Just wondering as you seem to think what you wrote is the only truth.

One last thing I have used homeopathic medicine for many different symptoms or problems and found they worked excellent. Maybe it's the placebo affect but that just proves the mind is powerful and strong and can heal.
Thanks for your time and some what negative forthright and energy. I do appreciate an answer.

Vaccines, since they are a medication given to healthy people, are the most tested medications in history.
And the overwhelming result is that they are safe and effective.

Whilst there have been studies on homeopathy, not one single study has shown it to be more effective than placebo.
So the overwhelming result is that they are useless.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Funny that the link between autism to proximity to power plants is generally ignored.

How do mercury emissions affect pregnant mothers, the unborn and toddlers? Do the level of emissions impact autism rates? Does it matter whether a mercury-emitting source is 10 miles away from families versus 20 miles? Is the risk of autism greater for children who live closer to the pollution source? A newly published study of Texas school district data and industrial mercury-release data indeed shows a statistically significant link between pounds of industrial release of mercury and increased autism rates.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?
a reply to: Agartha

I'm still reading, and trying to get all this info clear in my head... but I have a hypothetical question for you two in the meantime: Presuming (for the sake of this question), that the safety and efficacy of vaccines is in fact tried, tested and true, why would "anti-vaxxers" want to discredit it? My possibilities:

1. They're just plain wrong and stupid.
2. They have their own vaccine to market so they want to discredit and undermine their competition.
3. (Insert any popular conspiracy here: Eugenics, RFID chips, etc.)

I don't know how or if your answers would help me understand any/all of this, but it's something going through my head as I read this, so I thought I'd ask...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I think it's a combination of things and different for each person. I strongly believe charlatans like Mr Wakefield did a lot of damage by making false statements about vaccines. Same with all those sites that lie constantly, like the one in your OP: it's easy to manipulate and fool people who have no understanding of the science behind their claims (or the lack of science). One simple example is mercury: I have seen in Natural News and Mercola articles stating methylmercury is in vaccines, which is complete false. This from Mike Adams "Thimerosal - A methyl mercury compound..." a complete lie!
LINK

Lack of knowledge plays a big part: I know parents who became antivax because they read on the internet about the scary ingredients, which are not nasty when you study and learn exactly what they are and how they work. They heard of someone who knew someone who knew someone whose child became really unwell after getting vaccinated and they decided they didn't want that to happen to their children. But they never stop to think that all medication have side effects, even the ones we buy over the counter, like common painkillers.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: Boadicea

I think it's a combination of things and different for each person. I strongly believe charlatans like Mr Wakefield did a lot of damage by making false statements about vaccines. Same with all those sites that lie constantly, like the one in your OP: it's easy to manipulate and fool people who have no understanding of the science behind their claims (or the lack of science). One simple example is mercury: I have seen in Natural News and Mercola articles stating methylmercury is in vaccines, which is complete false. This from Mike Adams "Thimerosal - A methyl mercury compound..." a complete lie!
LINK

Lack of knowledge plays a big part: I know parents who became antivax because they read on the internet about the scary ingredients, which are not nasty when you study and learn exactly what they are and how they work. They heard of someone who knew someone who knew someone whose child became really unwell after getting vaccinated and they decided they didn't want that to happen to their children. But they never stop to think that all medication have side effects, even the ones we buy over the counter, like common painkillers.

There's also a faction of alt med pushers who want to scare you away from medicine so you try (and buy) their "treatments".
Couple that with the charlatans who pretend to cure kids of autism with their nonsense and then you have a lot of money flying around.
Add in the anti-vax conference gravy train which pays its speakers handsomely and there's a lot of money to be made with zero responsibility and absolutely no recourse.
It's an easy life.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So .... your statement about homeopathic medicine does mean that the mind is an extremely powerful thing and can heal the body.
I will continue using homeopathic medicine ad it works for me and my family as I have found with my own testing on me and my family.
Thanks for replying.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

So .... your statement about homeopathic medicine does mean that the mind is an extremely powerful thing and can heal the body.
I will continue using homeopathic medicine ad it works for me and my family as I have found with my own testing on me and my family.
Thanks for replying.

No it doesn't mean that at all.
It means that homeopathic tinctures don't work but given enough time, your body's own physiological processes will make you better as long as whatever's ailing you isn't too serious in spite of using magic potions.

And you test stuff on your family?
Really?
What do you use as a control? You know to see whether it's your magic potion that's working or just time, as stated above?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Autism is a fake illness, created by the pentagon and western military and intelligence apparatus. It is caused by nothing they say. All they say is complete nonsense, and vaccines have nothing to do with autism, as they have nothing to do with any of the weird fake illnesses created by the pentagon and NATO military since the end of the 70s. All of the strange behavior of these people supposed to be affected by autism is purely a NATO ploy orchestrated using neurological weapons. These weapons are designed to alter or damage human behavior, and that is exactly what autism is. An human behavior altered by the western criminal intelligence apparatus for the sole purpose of exerting control. According to Machiavellian ideology, also supported later on by Orwell, control is exerted through torture. Autism is torture, orchestrate by western governments.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

There's also a faction of alt med pushers who want to scare you away from medicine so you try (and buy) their "treatments".
Couple that with the charlatans who pretend to cure kids of autism with their nonsense and then you have a lot of money flying around.
Add in the anti-vax conference gravy train which pays its speakers handsomely and there's a lot of money to be made with zero responsibility and absolutely no recourse.
It's an easy life.

Yep to all of the above! But I think lack of knowledge and not understanding basic science is what makes people vulnerable to these charlatans.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Autism is a fake illness, created by the pentagon and western military and intelligence apparatus. It is caused by nothing they say. All they say is complete nonsense, and vaccines have nothing to do with autism, as they have nothing to do with any of the weird fake illnesses created by the pentagon and NATO military since the end of the 70s. All of the strange behavior of these people supposed to be affected by autism is purely a NATO ploy orchestrated using neurological weapons. These weapons are designed to alter or damage human behavior, and that is exactly what autism is. An human behavior altered by the western criminal intelligence apparatus for the sole purpose of exerting control. According to Machiavellian ideology, also supported later on by Orwell, control is exerted through torture. Autism is torture, orchestrate by western governments.

And your proof of this consists of what exactly?
I'm all ears (eyes).

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I just wanted to tell you that I've been reading the links you gave me, but I'm taking a break... I need to take a break! I actually had a dream about you two last night. You were big shiny metal coffeemakers, like commercial size ones, and one of you was bright red and the other was lime green. I thought your names were "Ethyl" and "Methyl" at first. Then I realized it was you two.... but I'm still not sure which of you was which. I know... crazy, right? It's a dream -- it doesn't have to make sense!

Anyway, I will continue thinking about this and I will be back with a reply sooner or later. And probably more questions. But it may be later. Like after the holidays! Whatever you celebrate this season, I wish you good food, good people, and good times. Enjoy!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I just wanted to tell you that I've been reading the links you gave me, but I'm taking a break... I need to take a break! I actually had a dream about you two last night. You were big shiny metal coffeemakers, like commercial size ones, and one of you was bright red and the other was lime green. I thought your names were "Ethyl" and "Methyl" at first. Then I realized it was you two.... but I'm still not sure which of you was which. I know... crazy, right? It's a dream -- it doesn't have to make sense!

Anyway, I will continue thinking about this and I will be back with a reply sooner or later. And probably more questions. But it may be later. Like after the holidays! Whatever you celebrate this season, I wish you good food, good people, and good times. Enjoy!!!

hahahaha coffeemakers??!! Too funny! I was probably the red one, with my rosy cheeks... lol

Come back anytime, my dear, I love to discuss and chat with polite people. And I do celebrate Christmas, not in a religious way but in a 'time to rest and eat lots of chocolate with the people I love' kind of way. You enjoy it too!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Do you know, I've had this link hiding in one of my bookmark bunkers for ages and I'd forgotten all about it.
It seems moe than pertinent to post it in here.

pediatrics.about.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join