It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims raise more than $100,000 for families of San Bernardino shooting victims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How pathetically callous and shallow and lowbrow has the world become when somebody performs a good deed to try and lend a helping hand to people who have suffered a tragic loss... and all you get is this kind of mindless drivel in response to it:

Money wont bring them back.

Probably funded by the Obama administration (our tax dollars) as damage control....

So Muslims didn't just recently kill a bunch of people in a terrorist attack? or are we still going to call it workplace violence?

This of course being the most amount of mass shootings in history since Obama has been in office, coincedence?

So sharia ruling is now part of the US legal system? I guess there can no conspiracies on a conspiracy website anymore.

what's giving a few bucks gonna do but give them a good image until another attack like this happens?

Yes Muslims do believe the same things, Is it not in black and white in their holy books?

I'm Agnostic but last time I checked Christians haven't been lobbing off peoples heads lately for one.....

Nice gesture but I don't like the lie being spun that the doctor was unaware it was a Muslim who did the attack. Who is he trying to fool?

It's actually irresponsible him raising money for a cause he has no knowledge on.

Mass shootings have tripled under Obama than in the previous Dubya admin. And this was even before San Bernardino. I wonder why.

Explaining myself serves no purpose because the proof is all around, also it's my opinion so I'm entitled to it just as you.

And with all the money these muslim families in the us has access too that is a pathetic amount..

the ones that came here from another country almost all have access to money from their families.

And if the "majority" of Muslims were actually appalled at the acts committed in the name of Islam they should at the very least make every one of those families millionaires..

You might want to zip up the fly on your pants, folks... your IQ's are showing.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Muslim neurologist Faisal Qazi has launched a nationwide campaign to raise money for the families of the victims in the San Bernardino shooting rampage. The campaign has so far raised more than $100,000 in four days. 
(Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times)

Qazi had no idea the shooters who massacred 14 people in San Bernardino last week were Muslims, like himself. The Pomona-based neurologist only knew that the victims and their families were his Inland Empire neighbors, and his faith obligated him to help.

Qazi started small, hoping to raise $20,000 through his health nonprofit. But Islamic scholars and leaders urged him to broaden the effort – especially after it was revealed that the assailants were Muslims -- and the campaign quickly became the most successful crowd-funding venture Muslim Americans have ever launched for the broader community.

LA Times

Like me I am sure some of you are Sick of All the recent "Muslim" hate flying around ATS . It's a struggle for my self (being Muslim ) and others to try and educate people who are hell bent on believing all muslims are evil and hell bent on imposing Shria law all over the world.

Simply Not true .

If anything this religion has taught me honor ,love , compassion . etc I wouldn't be the man I am today had I not picked up the Quran some years ago.

Anyway before I drift off topic I wanted to present this to ATS as sort of a positive in all the Negitive on the boards as of recent .

:Quick Plug: www.islamagainstextremism.com...

Thoughts ?

Kap.

I'm sorry, but where is the proof that American Muslims were the ones donating? Was this a Muslim only donation charity?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Also, from the article:

But Islamic scholars and leaders urged him to broaden the effort – especially after it was revealed that the assailants were Muslims

This reminds me of the debate regarding morals and religion. Specifically when religious people state that without religion, people would have no morals. I find the opposite to be true. If you only do good things because you will get something out of it in the end(i.e., going to heaven, 72 virgins, etc..), you have no morals.

Same kind of thing here. If Muslims are only donating because they are afraid of backlash, or because they feel guilty, they aren't really donating out of the goodness of their hearts.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Like me I am sure some of you are Sick of All the recent "Muslim" hate flying around ATS . It's a struggle for my self (being Muslim ) and others to try and educate people who are hell bent on believing all muslims are evil and hell bent on imposing Shria law all over the world.

Simply Not true .

I don't think I heard anyone say all Muslims are evil, so I think much of this is on you in you feel if the word Muslim is used it means you too. I would say all extremest Muslims and those who support them are bad people, so if you are neither then who cares what you are.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'll say the same thing here as I did to a friend that posted this elsewhere....cool gesture, but as one of the largest religious cultures in the world, $100k isn't really much. That is less than $8k per dead and nothing left for the others.

I understand the sentiment and every bit counts, but this story kind of wreaks of propaganda to me. Doesn't seem like the outpouring of support it is trying to portray.

Hell...crowd funding to bring back Reading Rainbow brought in and average of $154K PER DAY for 35 days to hit $5.4 million.....

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

...and how much did white people donate after Dylan Roofs rampage! This is a genuine question.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rewdy75

I'm not sure about that, but I know 10's of millions of dollars have been donated to Sandy Hook victims.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Which families do you mean exactly?

Have we stooped to the point where we believe that those who have a particular faith ALL have vast sums of money? Are we REALLY back here again? I find your lack of imagination and awareness staggering. We live in the information age, and despite that, despite all the evidence which says that poverty affects all religions and all political spectra, there are still people who have bought the modified doctrines of the Nazi party, hook line and sinker.

Truly, we have learned nothing from the errors of history, if persons so ill informed still walk the world.

the ones that came here from another country almost all have access to money from their families. i am not talking about american born muslims or converts..

And if the "majority" of Muslims were actually appalled at the acts committed in the name of Islam they should at the very least make every one of those families millionaires..

There is a whole lot of money in the Muslim world 100,000$ is not that impressive..

Stop being so pathetic. Ok, whatever faith or lack of faith you follow, how much money have you given to the victims of each of the mass murders that have occurred this year alone in America that was not committed by someone who is Muslim but is following a twisted, radicalised, extremist version of that faith?

I'm guessing nothing or very little, but you seem to think others should have feelings of guilt when there is none for them to feel.

I dont think anyone should feel guilty unless they did something. But if Muslims are going to be all proud of how much other Muslims have raised it should at least be more than a lousy 100k for what 32 families..

And I have given my fair share I would bet thousands more than you...

I repeat, pathetic. Muslims have no need to dig into their pockets unless they want to, there is no collective guilt to this, but if you would like to show a bank statement to show your huge payments of goodwill that would be interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I'll say the same thing here as I did to a friend that posted this elsewhere....cool gesture, but as one of the largest religious cultures in the world, $100k isn't really much. That is less than $8k per dead and nothing left for the others.

So why do they need to raise a penny in the first place? They have zero obligations to do squat, so 100k is a 100k...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

Exactly, white killer white victims 10's of millions raised. White killer black victims ZILCH!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I know my IQ is so large my pants can't barely withhold it!

2nd.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rewdy75
a reply to: Anosognosia

Exactly, white killer white victims 10's of millions raised. White killer black victims ZILCH!

To be fair, I didn't say that. I just haven't researched the actual figures on it. I believe there was quite a bit of donations to those victims as well.

Although, I have questions about the validity of many of these shootings in general, but that is besides the point of this discussion.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
anyway for us to track that the money really will go to them?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So Muslims didn't just recently kill a bunch of people in a terrorist attack? or are we still going to call it workplace violence?

So Christian kids didn't just recently kill a bunch of students in a terrorist attack? Or are we still going to call it a school shooting?

See how that works?, ah right, the kids didn't do it in the name of God. So let's use some of these 10 Terrorist attacks by Christian Fundis or Right-Wing Extremists as an example.

Should we paint all Right Wingers and Christians with the same brush? Hell, what about the school shootings though, they might not be religious, but we may as well peg all kids of the same race equally right?

Or perhaps racial and cultural prejudice is complete BS and makes you look about as bad as some intolerant wing nut on the other side of the planet, who's current spewing their own version of propaganda to polarize weak minds, anything to recruit the next jihadi...

How is this different again?

Intolerance has a funny way of finding itself on both sides of every issue, and sadly it's always the innocents on both sides who are attacked by the intolerant racist bigots who think they, their race/culture/religion is the one true whatever, they're right and everyone else is wrong, and everything they do is always justified.

Never let bias cloud your judgement, it makes you a very weak individual. A Muslim started a fundraiser for victims affected by the very worst kind of people associated with their religion. Have anyone you know donated to a victim of KKK, victims of Western/Christian extremists, bigots, etc?

Hold up, wait. Forget that for a moment, did you even donate to the San Bernadino victims? Because if you didnt you sure as whiz-sticks can't criticize a humble Muslim community helping victims in need. Its just bad taste.
edit on 14-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I am sill trying to find out how we can check and see if they get it.

One of the victims live near may family there. I will reach out and ask if any Muslim groups has offered help money.

What is the Islamic term for paying off or making restitution for a wrong perpetrated by another Muslim?

Because that is under Sharia Law, but I have yet to know of a monetary restitution or help for unbelievers under Sharia Law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join