It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muslims raise more than $100,000 for families of San Bernardino shooting victims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Muslim neurologist Faisal Qazi has launched a nationwide campaign to raise money for the families of the victims in the San Bernardino shooting rampage. The campaign has so far raised more than $100,000 in four days. 
(Gina Ferazzi / Los Angeles Times)

Qazi had no idea the shooters who massacred 14 people in San Bernardino last week were Muslims, like himself. The Pomona-based neurologist only knew that the victims and their families were his Inland Empire neighbors, and his faith obligated him to help.

Qazi started small, hoping to raise $20,000 through his health nonprofit. But Islamic scholars and leaders urged him to broaden the effort – especially after it was revealed that the assailants were Muslims -- and the campaign quickly became the most successful crowd-funding venture Muslim Americans have ever launched for the broader community.

LA Times

Like me I am sure some of you are Sick of All the recent "Muslim" hate flying around ATS . It's a struggle for my self (being Muslim ) and others to try and educate people who are hell bent on believing all muslims are evil and hell bent on imposing Shria law all over the world.

Simply Not true .

If anything this religion has taught me honor ,love , compassion . etc I wouldn't be the man I am today had I not picked up the Quran some years ago.

Anyway before I drift off topic I wanted to present this to ATS as sort of a positive in all the Negitive on the boards as of recent .

:Quick Plug: www.islamagainstextremism.com...

Thoughts ?

Kap.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Money wont bring them back.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Probably funded by the Obama administration (our tax dollars) as damage control....

2nd..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thats a very nice gesture. Its a shame that it happened in the first place.
What i dont understand is, how they become radicalised?
How is it that a group can read the same book as the others, yet still come out with a totally different message than the rest?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Thats a very nice gesture. Its a shame that it happened in the first place.
What i dont understand is, how they become radicalised?
How is it that a group can read the same book as the others, yet still come out with a totally different message than the rest?

Good question. Its called Bid'ah or "innovation " of scriptures.

So they form they're own opinion or Ideas about certain scriptures . and most often it becomes counter to the actual meaning .

Example there is a story that talkes about a mujahadeen (holy warrior) who was trapped in battle essentially had no where else to go and he knew he was going to die . So he ran head on into the battle sacraficing him self . Extremist use this story to justify blowing them selfs up . when clearly Allah mentions in the Quran not to kill your self or harm innocent people .

Also. Extremist reject authentic hadith . hadith that further explain verses in the Quran .

Their is more to it but you get the basic Idea.

One last example is . southern babtist Christians dance around with rattle snakes believing they will have protection from god . somehow along the line the religious text got "innovated" and this idea was spread . same thing happens in Islam.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Probably funded by the Obama administration (our tax dollars) as damage control....

2nd..

Sorry, that's a disgusting opinion.

Really?

campaign has raised more than $100,000 from more than 1,000 donors across the country, including in Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee. The money will be disbursed through San Bernardino County and the United Way to assist victims’ families with funeral expenses and other needs, Qazi said.

So...Obama forced a thousand people to donate 1000$?

What possible evidence could you possibly have to support your statement? Sounds to me like just more of the same, let's hate Obama and be suspicious of everything and anything a Muslim does in America.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

So Muslims didn't just recently kill a bunch of people in a terrorist attack? or are we still going to call it workplace violence?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i will totally grant that some people discriminate for the sake of it.
if over a billion people were really "all terrorists" we would be smack in the middle of WW3.
clearly we are not.
I think (or hope at least) what you will find is people are not so much keen on generalizations, but are mainly frustrated that we cannot have an open conversation on the problems that currently islam creates.
There is something about it, or the way it is taught that works well at indoctrinating weak minds into doing harm.
2000 people were killed in january of this year alone.
then you have that clock kid that scammed half the nation...
Wasn't one of the San Bernardino shooters a guy that was progressively radicalized? (if the neighbor is to be believed of course)
There is a lot happening but because of political correctness we can't have an open discussion, and that just creates more frustration and distrust, imho.

Anyway, what Faisal Qazi is doing is a good thing, and it's the sort of stuff that need to be exposed more, to show that there are two sides to the quran.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Catholic church gives away a very small percentage of filthy lucre as well.

God money ! ??

God help us ,,,

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

That is a beautiful gesture on the part of the doctor, especially because it came from his heart and his faith before he knew the perps were Muslim. I'm happy you shared this -- thank you!

I hope it gives you some comfort and maybe even some joy too. I know how I feel when I see/hear my faith represented in the worst possible way, or attacked as a whole for the beliefs/actions of a few. Just keep being your own awesome self and be the living example of all that's good in your faith. I think it's the best any of us can do.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

So Muslims didn't just recently kill a bunch of people in a terrorist attack? or are we still going to call it workplace violence?

This of course being the only mass shooting to take place in the US this year.......

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

This of course being the most amount of mass shootings in history since Obama has been in office, coincedence?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Totally understand.
Sometimes people just dont stop and think. They over analyse and blow things out of proportion,
or words get rearranged and personal ideas get added to the mix.
I see what your getting at.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Simply put, I find the neurologist's act and the response to it by those who donated to be encouraging.

Kapusta, please don't give up on your personal mission to educate others. It's worth your time and effort.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

According to the Sharia ruling on this. The act they committed took them outside the folds of Islam. So to answer your Question No they were not Muslim but rather Khuaraij.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Simply put, I find the neurologist's act and the response to it by those who donated to be encouraging.

Kapusta, please don't give up on your personal mission to educate others. It's worth your time and effort.

Ty for the encouraging words. I'll tell you it's taken a huge toll on the emotions that's for sure. But simple words that you just wrote make it worth the effort.

Ty again so very much for the kind words .

Kap

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

This of course being the most amount of mass shootings in history since Obama has been in office, coincedence?

Depends how you define mass shooting if that is true or not but for the sake of argument lets go with it being true.

How many of these mass shootings were done by Muslims?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So sharia ruling is now part of the US legal system? I guess there can no conspiracies on a conspiracy website anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So sharia ruling is now part of the US legal system? I guess there can no conspiracies on a conspiracy website anymore.

No that's a silly question.

I was referencing a Shria ruling pertaining to Muslims.

In layman's terms i was saying the people who commited the act are not considered to be Muslim according to they're actions .

For example If some mass murder went around killing people claiming he was Christian . Would you agree he was Christian? Nay because his actions are Not christ like and are counter to What Christianity teaches . same applies in Islam.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join