It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Busted for Pot, Forced to be Snitches by Cops – Sent to their Deaths in the War on Drugs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
1.She wasn`t a kid, she was 23 years old
2. she wasn`t a college student, she was a college graduate
3. she wasn`t forced to do it she had other options.
Her first option was to choose not to use illegal drugs,she chose poorly and chose to do illegal drugs.
Her second option was to go to jail and pay her debt to society for using illegal drugs and maybe learn a lesson and not use illegal drugs anymore when she got out of jail.she chose poorly and chose to be an untrained snitch for the police,which cost her her life.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That is some twisted reasoning. You justify the police, specifically their 'drug task force' sending in a young naive girl on a highly dangerous task because she 'chose' to do drugs?

Mind you the vast majority of college students experiment with illegal drugs. Few get busted.

The War on Drugs, one of the most well funded police operations, is the culperate. Not a young girl who got caught with substances that are illegal for all the wrong reasons.

edit on 9-12-2015 by jrod because: c

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
1.She wasn`t a kid, she was 23 years old
2. she wasn`t a college student, she was a college graduate
3. she wasn`t forced to do it she had other options.
Her first option was to choose not to use illegal drugs,she chose poorly and chose to do illegal drugs.
Her second option was to go to jail and pay her debt to society for using illegal drugs and maybe learn a lesson and not use illegal drugs anymore when she got out of jail.she chose poorly and chose to be an untrained snitch for the police,which cost her her life.

Once the police bring you on, they are 100% responsible for your life. If the cops can't handle that responsibility and be willing to risk payouts when things go bad (ranging from huge fines against their pensions to jail time for people who poorly plan these sting operations) then they shouldn't recruit people to be snitches.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
While I don't agree with all the replies I really believe this should be discussed. Thanks all for the replies.

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: dreamingawake

How is it deceptive when what they did to her is beyond deceptive?

Because they gave her a choice , granted two sucky choices but a choice nonetheless and it was not done by FORCE as the click bait title suggests.

Of all the stupid things Hollywood gets wrong what happens to snitches is not one of them. There is no way that anyone functional person in this country that is not aware of the dangers if you snitch on a drug dealer. A big one at that.

Like I said the drug laws in this country are likely more harmful than good, but in no way can they say she was FORCED when they gave her an option.

I'm not even saying I support these snitches. I surely don't support them when law enforcement that encourages(coerce,etc) them-yes, I believe they did that to these kids/adults.

You said it yourself, " There is no way that anyone functional person in this country that is not aware of the dangers if you snitch on a drug dealer." This girl was obviously not functional in a sense to know that nor take it seriously enough, yet she was taken advantage of. Many of these people were.

That is the problem, whether a source is deemed click bait or not( "preaching to the choir" here);
This has to end not be swept under the rug because it's been happening for so long as some like to say.

Just to mention- the courts ruled in favor of her over the PD.

Actually I'm shocked that no one brought up the original source as some kind of psyop source, being "60 Minutes" and all-seen that in other threads that sourced it.
edit on 11-12-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Had the just used the girl to buy some contraband from.a drug dealer she may have lived. My understanding is the also tasked her(the FSU girl) to.try to.buy illegal firearms too. Like an.insane amount, enough to raise flags from the people she was sent to snitch on.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm not even saying I support these snitches. I surely don't support them when law enforcement that encourages(coerce,etc) them-yes, I believe they did that to these kids/adults.

Yes they probably coerced her and likely even downplayed the dangers , but they did not FORCE her into doing it.

Sadly that turned out to be the worst decision that she made.

edit on 201231America/ChicagoFri, 11 Dec 2015 09:20:07 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: luthier

They were smart enough to sue and lobby for Rachel's Law but not to tell her "you don't have to wear a wire"?

That's believable.
I'm not even being sarcastic, it sounds perfectly reasonable.

She'd most likely have ended up with probation anyways unless she was a repeat offender.
Again, that's the parents and lawyers job to drill that in her impressionable head.

I'm not defending the police, but I won't go to bat for a grass either.

Charlie this is the US "justice" system not ours. Works a lot diffrent. 4 years for drug possession in some states really can happen for 1st time offences.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Her second option was to go to jail and pay her debt to society for using illegal drugs

Am I the only one who see the stupidity in that?

Debt to society for taking illegal drugs?

Its here own body not the governments let her decide!

I don’t see any debt!

Honestly were is the debt?
edit on 11-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dylann Storm Roof got busted for felony possession of drugs, which magically became a misdemeanor. I wonder what kind of deal they made with him.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Am I the only one who see the stupidity in that?

Nope.
I don't understand why people care what two adults decide to do among themselves, if it doesn't hurt either one and they both agree to the terms.

The war on drugs is B$ and is causing far more damage than it is preventing.

I remember coming across a gov't official I think police chief interview about silk road. He stated that when Silk Road was popular and being utilized by the city drug dealers crime went down. He felt that because anytime you have a drug dealer and buyer face to face their is a far greater chance for violence to occur. Simply because whats on the line and neither party has any alternatives to get assistance legally when the transaction goes bad. He then noticed that when SL was shutdown violent crime went back up.

Silk Road Reduced Violence in the Drug Trade, Study Argues

www.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

A debt to society for a victim-less crime.

Yeah sadly this is the mindset set of the self perceived moral majority here in america.

Dictate certain behaviors unpleasant. Lobby for laws to be made. Levy insane punishments against those who break your established moral code. Imply person had a choice to follow your stupid made up code and that they fully deserve the punishment coming to them if not more so.

And people like Tardacus genuinely believe themselves to be not just morally but in general better people than most.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is PRECISELY why I have drilled the I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, CALL MY LAWYER, into my daughters head since she was about 13.

I've taught her that if you get in trouble, you shut the f$?k up, no matter what. The police are not your friends and you have that right, to remain silent.

It works, STFU, call an attorney and get the heck out of dodge...do not become a snitch for the popo.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Posted to the wrong thread somehow....
edit on 11-12-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: mistake

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

To some, especially a naive young girl fresh out of college, there is no choice, going to jail is not an option. What the police who coerced her into.snitching did NOT tell her is she likely would not have gone to.jail. They use the threat of prison to scare people into snitching. To most who.have never been in jail, the fear of going to.jail is enough to.comply.

edit on 11-12-2015 by jrod because: ds

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Is it B$ what they did, yes. However, she did have an Option to say NO and yes going to Jail is an option. Not a good one but an Option. In this case its likely to have been the better option at that.

Like I said the War on drugs is B$ and what the cops did to her was Also B$ but she had options.So to say she was FORCED to do it is not being truthful. Thats all

Manipulated into taking a very risky plea deal yes, but not forced as ultimately she could have said NO and done prison time.

edit on 481231America/ChicagoFri, 11 Dec 2015 11:48:44 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Being told you have to snitch or go to.jail to some is being forced. You become a different class when you go to jail, and those who.have never been will.do almost anything to stay out. In.her mind she very well may of thought she had to.snitch or forever be labeled a 2nd class citizen, in other words forced to comply as an informant.

What is also.messed up is she was busted for a very minor possession, yet the police had her try to buy a lot of drugs plus a gun.

No doubt that raised flags by the drug dealers....it would be a totally different scenario had the girl been routinely buying high volumes if drugs and part of that lifestyle.

The way I see it, she was a fish out of water and tasked with doing the police's dirty work.

That said, there are many long term confidential informants out there on the DEA's payroll. These CI's make a living out of being a snitch. They also have apparent immunity from the drug laws as they often deal for extra cash.

edit on 11-12-2015 by jrod because: add

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

eh, what??? MDMA is not a bad drug? You dont dare put MDMA and THC in the same category. A handful of good beans can quite easily end your life. We have hardly to even hear of death by allergy for THC.

Those pills are the scourge of the Earth and anyone that sells them should be promptly "moved on" out of existence. It saddens me that these idiots in the PD actually gave this young girl a gun when that is illegal. The legal age in this state is 21, wtf??? Damn cops cannot even follow your own rules?? She was not this kid:

She makes me so proud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join