It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of having to be euthanised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had a dream last night that made me so sad.

In the dream, I had for some reason had been convinced to agree to being euthanised. My family was encouraging me, in a kind of resignated way, but when I expressed fear, they were pretty much like, "you know you have to go through with this."

Then it was time, and I was so sad, afraid it would hurt and deeply sad that I would not be able to see my family again, especially my Mom and Dad, but they seemed keen on my proceeding and did not hear anything I tried to bring up to put the halt on this process. I am 47 years old, with grown up kids, but in this dream my focus was on my parents, not my children or spouse.

I had to lie down in this small area with other people going through the same process. It was sort-of like a padded box and we were encouraged to snuggle and pile up, as this would make the process more comfortable. I was trying to follow the rules but was very afraid of what was about to happen. Then I realized that we were going to be gassed with something to knock us out before euthanising us, and I gave in at that point. I tried to relax and go with it since I was aware that this was supposed to keep us from pain.

The next thing I knew, I guess I had passed, in the dream, because I was out of the padded box and trying to hug my parents, but they did not respond to me, at all. I was crying and saying how sorry I was, but they could not feel me trying to hug them or hear me, apparently.

I felt very sad after I woke up from this dream, and it stuck with me today.

Thanks,
Gwynn

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Aww, this is really sad. I can really relate to dreams like these. When you wake up and whatever you were doing right before you woke, lingers into reality. They are the strangest of sorts because they are hard to word, or to adequately explain to others.

Whom often times look at you like you probably need more rest, or perhaps you look into things too hard.

I once had a dream, my best friend of ten years, sliced my neck open. She was my identical twin in the dream and for the remainder of the dream I walked around in this shadowy atmosphere, with people passing me by without a glance. But it took me awhile to realize I was 'dead' and when I found my twin in the dream she was the only one that could sense me, and she had announced why she had committed such a crime towards me.

When I woke up, I was panicking and sweating and there was mascara stains on my sheets. Those are definitely one of the worst kinds.

Pleasant future dreams!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27
Oh my goodness, that would be very disturbing! Thank you for replying.

Forgive me for asking, but how is your relationship with your best friend now? Did the symbolism in your dream play out in any way that made sense?

So wierd, isn't it, which dreams linger on to the waking state?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow that is so sad and disturbing! In your waking life, have your parents been wanting you to change somehow or move on from something and toward something else?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
Oh my goodness, that would be very disturbing! Thank you for replying.

Forgive me for asking, but how is your relationship with your best friend now? Did the symbolism in your dream play out in any way that made sense?

So wierd, isn't it, which dreams linger on to the waking state?

I think it is definitely of the weirdest sort. I always find it strange too when you randomly see that quote that somehow suggests that you are dreaming when you are awake, and you are awake when you are dreaming. Even if it that's not true, I've always found that eerie.

Me and her are still best friends, though the term has changed over time as we have both aged and taken different paths. She also told me (and this was about another dream) that when you are attacked in a dream, at a very specific part of your body, your chakra is talking to you.

For me, I believe, being attacked at the neck/throat has to do with honesty and communication. And at the time, in my own relationships, I wasn't being very honest with many including myself.

So -------> maybe Chakra's is a good thing for people like us to look into whenever our dreams are violent?

Just another two cents.

Running out of pennies.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good insights, thank you! Mine wasn't so much violent as resigned, and very sad, in this particular dream. That said, I can relate to the area of the body that is affected, being a clue to the message from our unconscious, from other dreams I have had in the past. Maybe this one also (overall).

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow that is so sad and disturbing! In your waking life, have your parents been wanting you to change somehow or move on from something and toward something else?

Yes, I think they do. I think I am trying to reconcile myself to the things I ought to move on from, and determine whether I will agree to move on. Well done, you!

top topics

join