It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sucker Punches Guy with Down Syndrome & Cerebral Palsy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Her only saving grace might be the fact she was 14 years of age . We all did cringe worthy things at that age but most of us stopped at that line in the sand .

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I did plenty of stupid things at that age. Still do depending on the day. Never... not ever, ever, ever, would that have included hurting someone that was physically/mentally disabled. At 14 she knew better years ago. This isn't partying, drinking, sleeping around etc. This is human, physical cruelty and I am not sure if "growing out of it" applies here.

I understand where you are coming from and I hope and pray that you are far more correct than I am on where she will likely wind up in life.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: introvert

spot on!!!! here in Oz it's "egging", same crap.

She's 14, pier pressure is inevitable.

from there, the parents can be blamed

How about this..rather then making excuses and doing what the current generation does so well which is always have someone to blame point the finger at the coward that punched a handicapped person.

So einstein, in your genius powers of deduction you can eliminate up bringing on the parents behalf ?
I notice you have two bright followers that starred you for your mindless rant too.
The way someone is brought up has a huge reflection.

edit on 8/12/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

thats really not fair she may have the bet parents in the world. I know I did and it did not stop me from being a teenage nightmare. Media mind control machine is what guides American youth, even if only exposed to three hours of unsupervised content a day. It took me a few trips through juvee and then adult jail to understand the truth of the lies which I chose to allow to influence my poor judgment and bad choices.

I was lucky because many never learn from their mistakes at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

So you shifted the blame from the parents to the tv.

Ok.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

No not just TV, MEDIA. Do you not notice how violent even the mildest cartoons are?? Do you not think repetitive lyrics of a criminal glorifying crime and immoral behavior through music has zero influence whatsoever on the mind set of a child who is being exposed to this from their first days at home while parents watch action or horror??

Honestly the last 6 decades of the study of psychology, the human brain, how it responds to external stimuli, and marketing theories are monopolized by the wealthiest institutions on Earth. Coca cola knows more about how your brain responds to certain signals and power of suggestion than you do. Frankly its all a matter for another thread.

My point is many of todays most horrible kids are being raised by very positive and involved parents who are doing their best to bring their kid up right. It is not fair to blame the parents IMO every time a teenager commits a #ty crime. Entire generations of potential are being lost in families at unprecedented rates, and although there is probably no comprehensive study to determine the influence media plays in this (likely due to the broad interpretation of the First Amendment) , if they all have smart phones and access to the internet (cable TV pretty much irrelevant now) then I think there is a correlation. for #s sake the encounter was being recorded by one of their peers, otherwise it would not have been as short as it was.

You say that has zero relevance to this behavior or what??
Maybe she does have #ty parents, but I believe it is unfair to immediately jump to that conclusion with zero insight into the home life.

The blame lies solely in the teenager in question that has committed this offense. Influence however is of great concern.
edit on 9-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

No not just TV, MEDIA. Do you not notice how violent even the mildest cartoons are?? Do you not think repetitive lyrics of a criminal glorifying crime and immoral behavior through music has zero influence whatsoever on the mind set of a child who is being exposed to this from their first days at home while parents watch action or horror??

Honestly the last 6 decades of the study of psychology, the human brain, how it responds to external stimuli, and marketing theories are monopolized by the wealthiest institutions on Earth. Coca cola knows more about how your brain responds to certain signals and power of suggestion than you do. Frankly its all a matter for another thread.

My point is many of todays most horrible kids are being raised by very positive and involved parents who are doing their best to bring their kid up right. It is not fair to blame the parents IMO every time a teenager commits a #ty crime. Entire generations of potential are being lost in families at unprecedented rates, and although there is probably no comprehensive study to determine the influence media plays in this (likely due to the broad interpretation of the First Amendment) , if they all have smart phones and access to the internet (cable TV pretty much irrelevant now) then I think there is a correlation. for #s sake the encounter was being recorded by one of their peers, otherwise it would not have been as short as it was.

You say that has zero relevance to this behavior or what??
Maybe she does have #ty parents, but I believe it is unfair to immediately jump to that conclusion with zero insight into the home life.

The blame lies solely in the teenager in question that has committed this offense. Influence however is of great concern.

She is 14.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Welp looks like this video will haunt her for the rest of her life.

Kudos.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

yes she is 14, and does not have the developmental disabilities of the victim. That means she knows bad things lead to bad consequences. Do you have any other witty one line retorts to drop in here? can you even compose more than a paragraph of your thoughts at a time??

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

what your saying points it straight back to the parents buddy, she is 14, undeveloped mentally...... also you yourself do not know the disabilities of the victim.
And your TV rhetoric is just BS. Tv and movies all have classifications are them showing viewers who and who should not be viewing said show or whether it is a PG rating (PG) parental guidance or M (M is for mature audience) etc.
So who at home would oversee what is being watched on the telly ? hmm
or Back to my first post in this thread in which i originally steered toward pier pressure. (or didn't you read that one)
Just so you know, one of mates has a child at the same school, there is a lot more to this story.

More info.

TV does F*%$ S*&$ up.
But parents and piers have great powers too.
edit on 9/12/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This boy doesn't look like he has Down's Syndrome. Also it seems that the girl didn't hit him hard.

There's more to the story.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

well I listened to that fella, and all he really boiled down to saying was yes he does have 'special needs' and that the truth will come out soon.

Ok fair enough.

But on to the other topic I mentioned which was media. 14 year olds can watch anything from G - XXX while on the go with any $40 smart phone at wal-mart which has no age restriction but does have Wi-Fi access at nearly any multi national chain business, or even library. Kids in the West after WW2 have on average become more combative and contrary to the guidance of their parents. They turn to their friends (peer pressure like you mentioned), and entertainment that will not criticize their rebellious behavior. In fact much of that entertainment will encourage more their rebellious behavior.

My main point was not to blame her parents so much for the 'poor choices' she herself decided to make. I agree peer pressure has a big impact at well, I did not notice it was you who said it. However, her peers submit to the same exact mind manipulating entertainment.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Fair enough, starred your post for great effort, we both made good points and i'd like to move along now please, im running out of hairs to split.
Thank oyu for your contribution to ATS and welcome.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hi Kanga, I don't agree with "especially a woman" in nowadays society. From my perspective in Aus the pendulum has swung favourably for the ladies in this regard.

Violence is simply violence regardless of gender. e.g. recent shooter in CA. The young lady in this pic/video is 'a'typical of the 14 to 15 years old girls where my daughter attends school. They punch, bite, scratch, pull hair and kick. Generally the boys on the receiving end are suspended if they defend themselves. The girls continue at school.

My daughter found out when she defended herself against a bully. Both were suspended because she did what I recommended to her, 'if cornered, hit back'. The policy at her school is anyone who uses violence will be suspended or expelled. Because she puched this girl back in the face, who was holding her hair and hitting her in the back of her head (rabbit punch), she was suspended. Had she not hit back and was, god forbid, knocked unconcious, perhaps she may have ended up in hospital. Sure, the other girl would be suspended. (21 days),

I say this from experience (26 years) in a profession where I found most protagonists were the ladies in domestic and social circumstances. Very very hard to control and avoid injury and/or later some complaint. Thank goodness for cameras. All false complaints were dealt with by way of = "So".

Other way round I'm sure there would be tangible different outcomes.

Kind Regards,

Bally

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join