It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sucker Punches Guy with Down Syndrome & Cerebral Palsy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Girl Sucker Punches Guy with Down Syndrome & Cerebral Palsy

Her excuse (omitted some of the language in that pic)

Would someone explain what is wrong with some of the kids of today? Where does all this violence come from?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I bet it all boils down to peer pressure. There were probably people behind her "agging it on".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone
Funny she didn't get the "he said he was going to hit us" part recorded, only her abuse.

edit on 8-12-2015 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Judging by her use of the English language, she's also mentally handicapped, so I call it a draw. Neither of them knew any better.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Her parents listened to too much heavy metal. What if it was scripted? He didn't look hurt. Just fell asleep. Proof this country is going down. No pun.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Is there any other information or source, or just a short video and a poorly worded Facebook post? Anything could have happened on either side from the information we have access to.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

americannewsx.com...

Some more information about this charming young lady .

The teenage girl is expected to be charged with reckless conduct causing injury and assault.

www.9news.com.au...
edit on 8-12-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Is there any other information or source, or just a short video and a poorly worded Facebook post? Anything could have happened on either side from the information we have access to.

So tell me, in what way could this be a justified action?

That is what your alluding to right? That we don't know the full story and he may have deserved it?

When is violence justified when your life is not in danger?
edit on 8-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

spot on!!!! here in Oz it's "egging", same crap.

She's 14, pier pressure is inevitable.

from there, the parents can be blamed

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: introvert

spot on!!!! here in Oz it's "egging", same crap.

She's 14, pier pressure is inevitable.

from there, the parents can be blamed

How about this..rather then making excuses and doing what the current generation does so well which is always have someone to blame point the finger at the coward that punched a handicapped person.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Karma is a bitch and I know its coming for her.

Thank you Karma, may your justice be swift and devastating!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

She is a real charmer.... Lol sure to make a great welfare mommy to a boyfriend behind bars....

She is like the kind of girl you take home to meet your mother.....

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i was never much affected by peer pressure, but i do get it works wonders on some people.

i think this goes a bit beyond your normal egging on, thou... the guy is obviously handicapped. this seems more into idiot white-trash territory.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
disgusting.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My hypothetical question for the group.....

Hypothetically, lets say this girl (possibly egged on by her friends) up and punched a remarkably disabled person square in the face while he was in a defenseless position. What should happen to her?

Slap on the wrist because she didn't know better?

Put her behind bars for a few years so she will (hopefully) learn her lesson and think twice about doing it again?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

get a bigger woman with some respect for the disabled open up a can of whoopass on her.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't really have anything good to say about this girl. If her air supply became detrimentally thin in the middle of the night one night, I can't say that I would be overly concerned.

And that's about as good as it's going to get.

There is something fundamentally wrong with anyone who does not feel the need to protect those weaker than themselves and instead feels the need to prey upon them. ESPECIALLY a woman. Let us all hope she never has children.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Oh my goodness! I can't even...
In the state of TN:

TENNESSEE CRIMINAL STATUTES THAT MAY BE APPLICABLE TO CASES IN
WHICH INDIVIDUALS WITH INTELLECTUAL OR DEVELOP-MENTAL
DISABILITIES ARE VICTIMS
T.C.A. § 39-13-101. Assault
(a) A person commits assault who:
(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;
(2) Intentionally or knowingly causes another to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury; or
(3) Intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another and a reasonable person
would regard the contact as extremely offensive or provocative

Developmental disability is a broad (umbrella) term in which intellectual disability is the greatest population....

T.C.A. § 39-13-102. Aggravated assault
(a)(1) A person commits aggravated assault who:
(A) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101, and the assault:
(i) Results in serious bodily injury to another;
(ii) Results in the death of another;
(iii) Involved the use or display of a deadly weapon; or
(iv) Was intended to cause bodily injury to another by strangulation or bodily injury by
strangulation was attempted; or
(B) Recklessly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101(a)(1), and the assault:
(i) Results in serious bodily injury to another;
(ii) Results in the death of another; or
(iii) Involved the use or display of a deadly weapon.

Certainly people who have a disability should be accountable for their actions. That accountability is called "natural consequences".
An Australian site is:
PWD
Interesting to note:

Another common misconception is that all people with Down syndrome are happy and affectionate. People with Down syndrome experience all the same emotions as everyone else. They get happy, sad, embarrassed, frustrated, thoughtful and fall in and out of love, just as we all do. They may, however, find it difficult to express their feelings in words. This can lead to frustration and the expression of feelings through behaviours.

THIS charming girl...

who I am relieved is not MY child, is in need of a "re education". She should be ashamed of her actions AND...
she should be punished accordingly. I do also feel as if this young man is in need of services that will help him to deal with HIS issues and be able to better control HIS responses as well.

edit on 8-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: something is going on with my computer!

edit on 8-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: Try Try Again!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Even if the poor guy was talking trash, the girl would have to be a fool to have us believe he did it completely spontaneously. They were certainly verbally harassing him the entire time, and is exactly why the only clip that made it out was the few seconds of the physical assault.

I say she does 18 months in a level 3 program. Boy she will come out with alot more respect for the world after that. Had it been some regular guy, I dont care. But this poor bastard was double handicapped, and is nothing more than an attack on a vulnerable individual.

18 months level 3. That should put some private money in my bank account... oh wait, did i say that?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

edit on 8-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: won't accept my post!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join