It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Fighting Mandatory Drug Tests – Claim it’s ‘Unconstitutional’ to Screen Police Urine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm speculating... I think they have an idea what they are trying to test these cops for. I would assume one snitched on the others to internal affairs.

My stance on cops is, they enforce the law..the law (judges and DAs etc) believe them first and take the officers word more times than not. Officers need to be held to a much higher standard. Which is why I feel that a penalty for law enforcers breaking the law should outweigh the publics penalties. This problem with cops would take care of itself in a matter of months.

Of course now people will say cops will be scared to do their job... My answer, you don't have to be a cop.

-Graffik

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I've got a couple CEO's of moderate sized corporations in my family so I've had this discussion with them before. Medical risk is absolutely one of the things they're looking for in a candidate. How much a factor it is against any given person is a bit of a sliding scale, but if you weigh 350 pounds you better be the best person in the industry at what you do. If a background check shows you like to drink/smoke heavily, again that will negatively impact you.

Might as well add Facebook, LinkedIn etc checks and credit history. Kind of funny the cops get upset over us wanting to ensure they are clean.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Every once in a while I agree with you I intrepid. If management is going to hold the peeons to a certain standard. They had better be able to meet the standards themselves.

I stood in line with the base commander once to get tested since both of us were picked randomly.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
There's a term I haven't used in 25 years.

originally posted by: RickinVa
That's because whichever E-6 happened to pull meat watch duty during urinalysis stood there and physically watched you pee into the bottle, so there was no way to fake it.

So I was flying an afternoon sortie and when I landed like 6 o'clock I get this message that I needed to go to the hospital to monitor someone in my section for a piss test since it was after hours. I get over there and the poor guy is like jumping from foot to foot saying lets go now! I'm ok lets do it, well some person there was like not so fast and since I have not monitored it within 3 months I needed to watch a 30 minute video about what my duties were...lol As soon as the person left the room there was a lot of fast forwarding before this poor guy busted a gut... All I can say is they are very serious about it.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Police are a branch of government and are not protected from themselves by the constitution as the constitution is written to protect us little people from governments infringing upon our rights.

Being a branch of government makes them unaccountable also, and if they had half a brain they would just leave things as they are and take their urine tests, considering they are the first one's to utter the " If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to hide" nonsense, one would think they would have no problem with this unless they weren't trying to be discovered to be the liars, steroid users and addicts that many of them are.

Maybe go ahead and test all of those politicians too, just for good measure.

You wanna lead, lead by example or step down and get someone else in there who will.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think we citizens should all carry syringes w drug testing kits.
When we see a LEO acting up we'll do a vampire blood draw just like they do
when they feel like it.
Good news it'll all be filmed with their body camera so it stays on the up and up.
If they aren't doing anything they have nothing to worry about right?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join