It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if only a few individuals reincarnate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ConMi27

I don't believe that heinous souls get a chance at reincarnation. Like Hitler. They say that there is a specific part in one persons life where their soul has done so much damage to itself that it alienates itself from future lives.

I don't agree with that, because good and evil is so subjective e.g., a fundamentalist Muslim might consider an unmarried sexually active woman to be "evil". I mean, obviously most of us think Hitler was a bit of a bad egg, but some venerate him to this day. But then, I don't really believe in the concept of good and evil. It changes so often, in tune with the evolution of culture. Besides, Hitler was reincarnated, in the form of my ex-boyfriend.

I think reincarnation gets a bit of a bad rap, most likely because a lot of people like to say that they're the reincarnations of famous people. You're more likely to be the reincarnation of a Cambodian peasant than Franklin D. Roosevelt reborn.

To truly explain reincarnation, you'd have to define the meaning of life. Clearly, this is an impossible question, and can only be speculated upon subjectively rather than objectively.

Ever since I was a kid, I've been fascinated by various religious beliefs - all the different forms of what we commonly refer to as Paganism, Hinduism, Christianity, Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Buddhism etc etc. I've learned a lot, met and debated with many people of different faiths, and actually experimented with different faiths myself firsthand. As a result, I've developed my own unique spirituality, which encompasses a variety of elements from a whole bunch of different religions, along with a bit of objective science. In order to explain it, I'd have to write at least a whole essay, but one thing is that I do believe in reincarnation.

I can't give a solid scientific explanation for reincarnation, but I do have reason to believe in it. It's one of the conclusions I arrived at after many years of studying, learning, asking questions. Technically, you could say that because matter and energy are never destroyed per se, but rearranged, the energy and matter that we possess in life will "live on" after we've kicked the bucket, but this could mean that our atoms go on to become an inanimate object, like a pencil. Although obviously, when most people talk about reincarnation, they mean the journey of the soul, rather than our scientific make-up.

Like I said, you can't give a definitive answer regarding reincarnation without first defining the meaning of life as we know it. However, given that "good" and "evil" are subjective, it doesn't stand to reason that only some people will be reincarnated based on their life's deeds.

Also, are we necessarily bound to this earth? For example, let's say that I was a Serbian soldier in my previous life, and died in Serbia. Yet I was born in the Russian part of the good ol' USSR - a fair way away from Serbia. Assuming my previous life ended in Serbia, my soul would have to have been able to travel aaalllll the way over to Novosibirsk, in Siberia. This would mean that distance and location is essentially irrelevant in the reincarnation process. Let's also assume that sentient life exists on another planet/planets. If that's so, then why would be bound to this planet only?

Could it be possible that we can be reincarnated on a different planet?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What I believe:

Reincarnation can be scientifically explained by some (Buddhists for one) and is only considered "magical" or "mystical" to us westerners bc we do not know much of it. Everyone we meet, even if its just someone we smiled to at the grocery store, is someone we met in our past life. Maybe in this life we smiled at him as he walked in front of our car. You could be married to your past life brother.

It IS pretty cool to think about, however, just a fact of life that we ALL have a part in. Just like flowers need rain and sunshine to grow, we reincarnate. Our only job is to make the most of the current life we are in.

a reply to: starwarsisreal

edit on 10-12-2015 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I’ve had similar thoughts. But I think rather than just a few people reincarnating, perhaps it’s just one. And every single person, every creature, every living and inanimate thing are the result of one consciousness experiencing itself through a multiple of different expressions. (Suggesting time truly is an illusion or simply a matter of perspective.) Imagine the power (and magnificence) of such a consciousness!

It explains karma --- when we harm other people, we genuinely are harming ourselves. How the “service to others” versus “service to self” path, really ends up being the same thing.

The line of thinking is a bit frustrating because it can never be proven or disproved, but I kind of think this might be the truth. I wish I could remember who said this, I think it was Alan Watts? (the Zen Buddhist/English philosopher) who explained that one of the reasons why, when we begin a new life, we choose to forget where we come from, is for the simple joy of rediscovering how incredible we really are. (And also to fully immerse ourselves in the game/dance)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OwenandNoelle

just 1 person? Im disappointed that I cannot wrap my head around that. When we do harm to others we do harm to ourself bc Karma comes back around in mysterious ways. You cant just donate money in the hopes that good things will come to you only though, you must really feel and want to help others.

Its the intent not the action that karma is based on.
So, sorry but the a$$holes are $h*t out of luck

edit on 10-12-2015 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Well from this perspective --- you and I (and all the ***holes that we hate or people that we love) might actually be an expression of one consciousness that is just acting out all the parts. Kind of like a “one man/woman show” in which 1 actor is playing all the parts.

If this turns out to be true, then in regards to karma… if I was to hurt you…then in another life (or from another perspective in space/time) when I actually am you….I’ll know how it felt.

This is based on the assumption that consciousness exists outside of 3D space and time.

Imho, this idea is something that can be logically deduced and/or forms the basis of most Religions. And like most religions it can’t be proven/disproven --- so I treat it as kind of a mind bending (for me anyway) perspective.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with the theory of reincarnation.
Read up on the philosophy first,
you are a typical media junkie who watches a movie and then proposes to be an expert.
Do you want to know what your talking about or just have people pay attention to your imaginative fancies, not even your own, as borrowed?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

Actually there was a poster here that stated the author's ideas was based on certain reincarnation beliefs.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well the system as described by Campbell, which you brought up, doesn't say anything about the number of "lives" needed to graduate.

obviously. irrelevant to op's proposal.

Punishment, entertainment, maybe something that we can't even conceive.

or learning and gathering data because thats what information systems do. entertainment and punishment are illogical. thats a childish way to look at it.

What I gathered from the OP is that some beings are stuck in repeat in this plane of existance while others only need to go through once. It doesn't mean that anyone is getting a raw deal. That is your interpretation of what is being said based on your idea of the "concept and purpose of reincarnation".

well gather what he is actually saying. he is saying what if there are a few who can reincarnate and the rest can not. its illogical. if your gonna talk about something that wasnt said id suggest you just make a new thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
obviously. irrelevant to op's proposal.

But not to your recommendation to check Campbell out.

or learning and gathering data because thats what information systems do. entertainment and punishment are illogical. thats a childish way to look at it.

You asked what else besides what you mentioned. Your opinion on the maturity of the other options does not mean that they may not be the truth.

well gather what he is actually saying. he is saying what if there are a few who can reincarnate and the rest can not. its illogical. if your gonna talk about something that wasnt said id suggest you just make a new thread.

So only what you think he is saying can be right?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I've always viewed reincarnation as something that happens to everyone, but only those who learned what was needed will go beyond (the next step/higher dimensions) and not need to reincarnate.

At least that's how it was explained to me when I was asking for answers on the subject.

This is exactly the conclusion I came to after much thought and many years. The goal is to not HAVE to reincarnate back into this prison world.

As for previous lives, I'm not sure. Deja Vu may play into that. (Spitballing there) Personally I have met a couple people who I felt an abnormally strong connection to, as if we knew each other before we met here. No clear memory beyond the strange feeling. Just felt like we knew.
edit on 11-12-2015 by higherconscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

www.reddit.com...

dude what?

You asked what else besides what you mentioned. Your opinion on the maturity of the other options does not mean that they may not be the truth.

yeah i suppose if you dont actually think about it then that is the case. i use my virtual brain, so i cant dig it.

So only what you think he is saying can be right?

dude what? i thought you were a normal guy at first and your just wrecking my brain now. he said what he said. you interpret what he said in whatever way keeps your inane arguments going. im though talking to you dude.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

dude what?

You said "id suggest you check out tom campbell". Campbell says nothing about reincarnating multiple times being a good thing.

yeah i suppose if you dont actually think about it then that is the case. i use my virtual brain, so i cant dig it.

Well a prison planet would be set up to trick you into thinking coming back is a good thing and Robert Monroe pointed out this "game" can be addictive.

dude what? i thought you were a normal guy at first and your just wrecking my brain now. he said what he said. you interpret what he said in whatever way keeps your inane arguments going. im though talking to you dude.

Great because you seem to misss the concept that the thread is for discussing the OP's idea of reincarnation as a possibility and not just your idea of what reincarnation is.

edit on 12-12-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

ohhhh now i see. your one of those people that think this is a prison planet and were trapped here. sigh. id suggest you stop to think outside of your beliefs every once in a while.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

I think it is a prison planet as well. How nice of you to suggest that such a thought deserves such condemnation. As if any person here on this planet has the kind of verifiable proof either way that we each think we need to sway opinion.

Get off your high horse. It's all guesswork any way you look at it. In the end, we all believe what works best for ourselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

ohhhh now i see. your one of those people that think this is a prison planet and were trapped here.

Actually I don't, I just presented that as a POV that some people might want to discuss.

sigh. id suggest you stop to think outside of your beliefs every once in a while.

You might want to take your own advice.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: higherconscience

i didnt condemn anything dude. i just thinks its illogical and paranoid. i held that belief too. then i realized i was just buying into another religion, something ive been trying to get away from my whole life. you live here because it serves the system for you to live here. if you feel you being imprisoned by some extra dimensional reptiles or whatever thats your problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

take my own advice huh? in the past 2 years ive entertained all options. prison planet was on top of that list of options, ive grown out of it since it doesnt make any sense without the use of comepletely unverifiable mumbo jumbo.

all im saying is use logic, its simple.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

It's all unverifiable and just because you have a 2 year head start going in one direction doesn't mean that you are headed towrds the right answer.

Besides, what difference does it make to you if people want to talk about earth being a prison planet?

And the main point, Campbell does not provide anything but another theory which also doesn't refute some of the things mentioned.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

its not all unverifiable. you can have an obe. its not empirically verifiable, but subjectively you can figure these things out.

i suppose there isnt one.

campbell proposes a model for how the "soul" works. the soul gather information/experience and evolves by incarnating in virtual realities based around rule sets and limiting parameters. the soul only being able to live one life is hugely illogical. this line of thought is very much a contradiction.
edit on 13-12-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

its not all unverifiable. you can have an obe. its not empirically verifiable, but subjectively you can figure these things out.

I have.

Campbell studied them along with Robert Monroe and Monroe figured out that reincarnation was a result of becoming addicted to life like a VR video game.

i suppose there isnt one.

Your posts seem to imply that there is.

campbell proposes a model for how the "soul" works. the soul gather information/experience and evolves by incarnating in virtual realities based around rule sets and limiting parameters. the soul only being able to live one life is hugely illogical. this line of thought is very much a contradiction.

Campbell tried to mold a scientific theory out of the data obtained at the Monroe institute. At no time does he say that to live one life is illogical and Monroe even proposed a goal where a soul will only have to live one life.

I said this before, don't know if you missed it or what.
edit on 13-12-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join