It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if only a few individuals reincarnate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
When I was a kid I was always fascinated with what came before "me". As in, what was I before I was me. They said, things don't come out of nothing but I am clearly here. The same response was what I got when I asked "Who made God, and what came before God." I'm from the South so the Christian God is everywhere.

I always found it hard to believe that those whom didn't believe in a specific version of God went to hell. Nor did I personally believe that if you prayed for ANYTHING you would be forgiven. To me this seemed subjective, and throughout my teenage years I stepped away from the religious aspect of it all.

Now, my boyfriend whom is mostly Christian, I talk to him constantly about how I feel towards people and things.

Reincarnation for me, is life after life. It is learning, and overcoming, stepping back to only step-forward. I believe everyone reincarnates, a dog, a cat, a bird, a bee. It doesn't bother me the idea of a different type of conscious because we all come from the same source. Whatever that is.

Sometimes I often wander, if we as humans didn't care about ourselves, who would care for us? Say we WERE (which I don't believe) the only planet with a conscious race on it in the entire universe and we blew ourselves up and all of those years we spent worrying over our economic decisions, lovers, poverty, all of the above - didn't matter.

What would have been the point of it all.

You can drive yourself insane with that one question, really.

Now some countries believe in Spiritualism. That if in your last life, you didn't get along with your mother persay to frightening degrees, that in the next life you might be reborn as conjoined twins. Those whom also believe in this version of reincarnation believe there are souls out there whom meet you in your dreams and help you overcome your current issues.

I like this version the best, because it fits me the best.

But everyone is different.
It's such a broad topic with lots of thought involved.

As far as the root question: What if only a few individuals reincarnate?
Maybe you mean at that time, they reincarnate.

I don't believe that heinous souls get a chance at reincarnation. Like Hitler. They say that there is a specific part in one persons life where their soul has done so much damage to itself that it alienates itself from future lives.

So souls like that perhaps don't move on. Or those that have reached 'enlightenment'. And who's to say they aren't reincarnated here, but in a different realm?

My dad believes bigfoot is an animal from another realm that keeps getting stuck in the same spot.

edit on 8-12-2015 by ConMi27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sometimes I think I'm actually Lucifer. I'm not sure why but I do. Then I try to snap out of it and know I am not. Yet, the things that go in my life scream at me that I am. Not my username of course but in reality. I don't know.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
id suggest you check out tom campbell. what you describe is like some video game #.

I have read campbell and what he describes is also like a videogame. He even calls it virtual reality.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This sounds like a version of the description of reincarnation in the discipline known as 'the 4th way'. May have been a way to get it out there in disguise. Only one source in the 4th way speaks plainly. Most writers hide the info within the texts of books or symbolism.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Can you expand more on the 4th Way? I'm Interested on learning more about this.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

only because of the idea that its virtual reality. theres no weird arbitrary restrictions in his theory like only being able to come back once.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: liveandlearn

Can you expand more on the 4th Way? I'm Interested on learning more about this.

Gurdjieff

Ouspensky

corrected Mouravieff

Always best to do your own research so you know what they represent or not. One of them wrote his understanding of what he had learned very clearly but it is only his understanding based on a friendship.

Feel free to pm if you wish.

edit on 9-12-2015 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2015 by liveandlearn because: correct url

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

only because of the idea that its virtual reality. theres no weird arbitrary restrictions in his theory like only being able to come back once.

I think you are looking at it wrong. Starwarsisreal said that some might only incarnate once, for whatever reason. Campbell does not contradict that.

It doesn't mean that it is a restriction.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

the way i understood it is he says that only a few certain individual reincarnate and everyone else only gets one go. thats a massive restriction and contradicts the entire concept and purpose of reincarnation.
edit on 9-12-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

the way i understood it is he says that only a few certain individual reincarnate and everyone else only gets one go. thats a massive restriction and contradicts the entire concept and purpose of reincarnation.

That is exactly what he is saying but the reasons are unkown.

It is only a restriction and contradiction to the concept and purpose of reincarnation that you have in mind.

I don't recall Campbell stateing that multiple incarnations are needed and Robert Monroe, Campbell's mentor, states in one of his books that in a possible future the earth experience will be so streamlined that beings will only need one incarnation to get what they need out of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

thats on a per individual basis tho. a very old wise being can come to earth and learn whatever lesson it needs and then moves on. also there is more than just the physical. incarnations could happen in all sorts of planes of existence.

what op is proposing is a generalization on how it works with a group of special people being able to reincarnate and everyone else only gets to do it once. this would leave the majority of souls to just kind of float around in nothing ness not being able to live an experience or straight up being deleted. im not exactly sure what op thinks would happen to the individuals that dont have the ability to reincarnate.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

what op is proposing is a generalization on how it works with a group of special people being able to reincarnate and everyone else only gets to do it once.

Again you are looking at it from a negative point of view. One group "has to" reincarnate a bunch of times and the rest only have to do it once. Who said incarnation was fun? If it is a "school" then the special group might be flunkies.

this would leave the majority of souls to just kind of float around in nothing ness not being able to live an experience or straight up being deleted. im not exactly sure what op thinks would happen to the individuals that dont have the ability to reincarnate.

You speak of different planes of existance so why would you think that the souls would be left to float around in nothingness?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

its totally possible that some individuals are discarded if they dont serve the "larger consciousness system". what does that have to do with what i said? are you saying reincarnation is a punishment or something? sure if you live a perfect life and over come every obstacle you probably have no need to come back to the physical. but thats highly unlikely seeing as there are billions of planets and cultures and an impossible number of individuals to interact with.

You speak of different planes of existance so why would you think that the souls would be left to float around in nothingness?

well thats a question for op isnt it? incarnating into a diferent type of reality is still an incarnation. so if the individual cant reincarnate what happens to them?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

its totally possible that some individuals are discarded if they dont serve the "larger consciousness system". what does that have to do with what i said? are you saying reincarnation is a punishment or something?

I never said anything about individuals being discarded. I'm just saying that you talk about it like a privilage and it might not be.

sure if you live a perfect life and over come every obstacle you probably have no need to come back to the physical. but thats highly unlikely seeing as there are billions of planets and cultures and an impossible number of individuals to interact with.

That is only valid if your version of incarnation is correct. I thought that that was what the OP was questioning.

well thats a question for op isnt it? incarnating into a diferent type of reality is still an incarnation. so if the individual cant reincarnate what happens to them?

To me it sounded like incarnation in this reality. Doesn't mean that they can't incarnate into others. Also, is it incarnation if it is an existance with no flesh?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

what would be a privilege? being able to reincarnate or not having to?

my version of reincarnation is a means to learn and grow. what else would it be?

yes. it doesn't matter what kind of reality it is. your either outside of any given reality or you are in a reality. doesn't matter the specifics of the reality. outside of a virtual reality you are just consciousness being aware of itself, theres no purpose or meaning in that. to grow you need time and a place to experience. if you are in a place where you can experience something then you have incarnated into that place. whether is it physical or not doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Personally I've always thought that a person can be reincarnated if they have a reason to. Although it sounds illogical, it would make sense to an extent. Someone who has had negative major events throughout their life could be reincarnated to live a happier second life. It's a a bit of a tough theory to explain however logic doesn't always mean truth

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

what would be a privilege? being able to reincarnate or not having to?

You make it sound like incarnating is a privilage.

my version of reincarnation is a means to learn and grow. what else would it be?

Could be a number of things.

yes. it doesn't matter what kind of reality it is. your either outside of any given reality or you are in a reality. doesn't matter the specifics of the reality. outside of a virtual reality you are just consciousness being aware of itself, theres no purpose or meaning in that. to grow you need time and a place to experience. if you are in a place where you can experience something then you have incarnated into that place. whether is it physical or not doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter if the bone clocks are only about this reality.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

its not. its just a function of the system.

such as?

no it doesnt matter the reality. incarnation is incarnation. unless were exploring fictional concepts and not reality. then i dont care what the bone clocks can or cant do, doesnt matter.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I sure wouldn't WANT to come back...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

its not. its just a function of the system.

Well the system as described by Campbell, which you brought up, doesn't say anything about the number of "lives" needed to graduate.

such as?

Punishment, entertainment, maybe something that we can't even conceive.

no it doesnt matter the reality. incarnation is incarnation. unless were exploring fictional concepts and not reality. then i dont care what the bone clocks can or cant do, doesnt matter.

What I gathered from the OP is that some beings are stuck in repeat in this plane of existance while others only need to go through once. It doesn't mean that anyone is getting a raw deal. That is your interpretation of what is being said based on your idea of the "concept and purpose of reincarnation".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join