It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if only a few individuals reincarnate?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There was a fictional book called the Bone Clocks by David Mitchell (The same author who wrote the book version of Cloud Atlas)

The book is a story of a lady and how she got sucked into a secret war between two groups of immortals, the Horologists and the Anchorites. The Horologists' (Good guys) powers is reincarnation while the Anchorites (bad guys) are immortals who sustained their lives by sucking the life force of individuals' souls. In other words, they are Psychic Vampires.

In the story, it is explained only a few (The Horologists) can reincarnate. Most of the human population can only live once. The ones that can have only one life are called the Bone Clocks. For those who reincarnate, here is how their reincarnation works: First they die. Then they are to go into the afterlife. While the Bone Clocks stay in the afterlife permanently, the Horologists stay in the afterlife for 49 days. After that, they are send back to our world and assume a body of a dying 9 year old kid and from there become the kid.

However, they can die permanently and never be reincarnated if they take too much damage from Psychic attacks.

The reason for the Horologists' reincarnation is unknown to even themselves.

As for my belief on reincarnation, for me only a few individuals have the ability to reincarnate. The rest of the populace like in the Bone Clocks can only live one life. However, instead of going to a nine year old's kid body, the reincarnated souls go into infants bodies.

In fact I suspect I don't have a past life and that I'm pretty much a Bone Clock. I mean it is said that those who have a past life tend to meet others from a past life and have an instant connection with the person even if the person looks different from their previous life. Well it never happened to me. All the people I met in my life are for the first time. Like it literally took a while before I get know them on a certain level.

Now for those who do have a past life and reincarnate, I believe they are only in the minority. When it comes to why? Like in Bone Clocks no one knows the answers.
edit on 8-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I've always viewed reincarnation as something that happens to everyone, but only those who learned what was needed will go beyond (the next step/higher dimensions) and not need to reincarnate.

At least that's how it was explained to me when I was asking for answers on the subject.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Greetings- I'll try and find one of My earlier posts re: this very issue, even down to the 49 days to 're-boot'.. Before I 'waste' any of Your 'time' and I only mention this due to Your self labeling as a 'Bone Clock' and are under the impression this is it, are You familiar with the 'Akashic Records'? Are You familiar with the chakras and specifically the ajna chakra intuition/3rd eye?

I'll wait for a reply if You feel it'll be prudent.

namaste

P.S. even one of My earlier posts today deals with this very issue. I can also relay that there are other ATS™ members who also have a connection/link/nexus to their prior Lives.

P.S.S. If You could be 'shown' Your prior Lives how do You think this would effect Your Life from here out? (* Note- Before You took a body/vessel and incarnated here, You chose that body so as to learn a lesson(s) would this then affect Your Soul's journey?

I probably should've handled this by PM but an open forum is sometimes very useful in getting the 'energy' or message transferred...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
There was a book called the Bone Clocks by David Mitchell (The same author who wrote the book version of Cloud Atlas)

The book is a story of a lady and how she got sucked into a secret war between two groups of immortals, the Horologists and the Anchorites. The Horologists' (Good guys) powers is reincarnation while the Anchorites (bad guys) are immortals who sustained their lives by sucking the life force of individuals' souls. In other words, they are Psychic Vampires.

In the story, it is explained only a few (The Horologists) can reincarnate. Most of the human population can only live once. The ones that can have only one life are called the Bone Clocks. For those who reincarnate, here is how their reincarnation works: First they die. Then they are to go into the afterlife. While the Bone Clocks stay in the afterlife permanently, the Horologists stay in the afterlife for 49 days. After that, they are send back to our world and assume a body of a dying 9 year old kid and from there become the kid.

However, they can die permanently and never be reincarnated if they take too much damage from Psychic attacks.

The reason for the Horologists' reincarnation is unknown to even themselves.

As for my belief on reincarnation, for me only a few individuals have the ability to reincarnate. The rest of the populace like in the Bone Clocks can only live one life. However, instead of going to a nine year old's kid body, the reincarnated souls go into infants bodies.

In fact I suspect I don't have a past life and that I'm pretty much a Bone Clock. I mean it is said that those who have a past life tend to meet others from a past life and have an instant connection with the person even if the person looks different from their previous life. Well it never happened to me. All the people I met in my life are for the first time. Like it literally took a while before I get know them on a certain level.

Now for those who do have a past life and reincarnate, I believe they are only in the minority. When it comes to why? Like in Bone Clocks no one knows the answers.

So how many 9 year olds make miracle recoveries from a fatal illness?

And is it disproportional to kids of other ages who make miracle recoveries?

If not, then you can be sure that the story is a complete fiction.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I think we all have a soul and do incarnate.

But...whom is to say when and where we carnate.

Imagine having to live in the times of ghenghis kahn,
or be beheaded for beliefs....or

getting eaten by a T-REX......with brown sauce

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think there might be a reason why some don't feel connected to anyone, I think there are also new souls being created at the present time. The might be autistic, they might feel they just don't belong here, they might be awkward, ect. each creation is given only a given amount of time on this planet before they are expected to vacate to the next step in their evolution, and I think ours is about up. and well, these new souls that are arriving are here to learn at least some of the basics and will help the next creation develop into what they are to be.

by the way, I know I was reincarnated, my last life was in a nazi concentration camp, I wrote a story about it when I was a kid, and well, then I recognized the camp when I was browsing online, and well, this camp had a tendency of forcing their inmates to either jump off the cliffs or be brutally murdered, which is the story I wrote about. I am pretty sure that I hadn't run across this information before I wrote the story, so, well, that's why I believe in reincarnation. I experience it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Your not wasting my time actually I like to hear from you guys opinions on the matter. Besides while my belief in reincarnation is radically different from the rest I would like to hear from others perspective.

And yes I'm familiar with Akashic Records, Intuition, Chakras and Third Eye.

However, I feel like the a lot of the reincarnation theories do not seem right. Like the idea we reincarnate to learn a lesson.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
id suggest you check out tom campbell. what you describe is like some video game #. only a few being able to reincarnate makes absolutely no sense. reincarnation is very important for consciousness to grow and learn.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Then they are to go into the afterlife. While the Bone Clocks stay in the afterlife permanently, the Horologists stay in the afterlife for 49 days. After that, they are send back to our world and assume a body of a dying 9 year old kid and from there become the kid.

Nope, we get sucked into any nearby baby born, at birth one floating "spirit" gets pulled in randomly whoever is closest.Thus it can take a long time of be instant as in death happens in a hospital where a baby is born in the next room.

In the between we have awareness and feel comfortable we don't actually think we just are and float around with the currents like smoke.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

Actually the book is fiction I simply borrowed my theory from the book itself. In fact when I read the book it got my thinking, what if instead of everyone only some individuals reincarnate.

To me it make sense because how come everyone didn't have a past life?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

However, the problem is not everyone deserved to be reincarnate especially Hitler. Besides whats the point of living over and over again and seeing the same thing being repeated in different times and different place?

a reply to: dawnstar

In your case I believe your example of the few who can reincarnate. Tell me were able to meet other people from your previous life?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I don't think so. I think that there a variances withing the vibration of both human dna and our spirit's dna. and well, if the two aren't compatable, they can't incarnate within that body. not saying that there is just one body for one spirit, but well, not every body can be a host either.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

everything must be in balance? one life, you might learn how it feels to be filthy rich, but in another, you might be utterly poor. happy, then sad, male, then female, happy or sad, powerful or weak, ect.
in the end, you will have been all things, complete.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Actually I have a different theory for those who lived only once but I will post that some other time though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I do have some select people that I have met throughout my life that I've felt that connection to, ya. who they were in previous lives, I am not sure. it's just the knowledge that me helping them, also helps me is more stronger for them. outside of my husband, though, none of them stayed in my life for that long though. I am fully aware of who my husband is, and what his purpose is though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

hitler was just some guy. sure if an individuated unit of consciousness keeps living high entropy lives it could possibly be recycled or deleted. but even the learning experience of being "bad" to turning "good" is very rich in information.

the point isnt what is seen or what happens. its about quality. learning to accept a gay son is just that, learning. that is the point. the only point of the universe is to gather information and grow/evolve. you say whats the point then whats the point of living multiple lives. the universe might as well just switch off if that is your way of thinking.
edit on 8-12-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

What about those who want to live only once? I've met individuals who have stated that the already got what they wanted and that if reincarnation is real, they wish it doesn't happen to them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

dude idanno. they float around in nothingness only being aware of their own consciousness? thats just not how it works. you live you learn you die and you do it again. its not about what you want. the larger consciousness system doesnt care about who wants what. whats needed is quality learning experiences. consciousness wishes to experience itself in many different ways. thats why it built a physical universe (and probably other types of universes) with rule sets. there is no growth in limiting individuated units of consciousness to one life time or just simply letting those units live a life and f*ck off and not reincarnate.

but sure you have a free will, so maybe its possible that you might be able to just not come back but i highly doubt it. and even if it was possible youd get extremely bored.

like i said check out tom campbell on youtube, hes got a million videos. hes a briliant man and i for one think what he says makes perfect sense.

the universe works on logic. not beliefs. there is no logic in limiting the number of lives a "soul" can experience.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well what do you think of this type of reincarnation where souls only reincarnate among their families? I recalled that some parts of Africa subscribed to that belief.

As a side note, my goal is to look at all other reincarnation beliefs not just New Age, India's and Africa's.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

beliefs do not make reality. i can believe that i reincarnate around the same people over and over but it doesnt make it true, or even important for that matter. and pondering it is pointless since there is no way to prove it. im not interested in asking questions i have no hope of verifying. i only care about what i can prove (to myself atleast). even if i reincarnate around the same people it has no impact on my life. the only thing that is important is the quality of my life and my growth.

this may sound a little cynical and maybe even a bit ignorant. but beliefs in my opinion only serve to retard my personal growth.

also the universe is a very big place. again from the perspective of growth you gotta constantly move around. at some point reincarnating around the same beings could stagnate the quality of the lives lived.

these types of anecdotes are very intresting and i do like to check them out from time to time but in the end they dont serve any purpose.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join