It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning: Over 100 MILLION Guns Sold in US Since Obama Became President (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Raggedyman
What a terrible image, a gun and a bible.

somebody should tell christians that Jesus was a pacifist who promised nothing in this world but pain.
Jesus promise is in the next

Nice try, but misses the point by a mile and, of course, you need to learn how to use complete sentences. The commonality between the two images is not that they are related to each other, but that totalitarian governments do not want either of them around. Why? because both, in different ways, challenge the authority of the government.

And for the record, Jesus was not exactly a pacifist. If you will remember, the activity that finally got him arrested was when he upset the money-lenders' tables and drove them out of the temple. He wasn't exactly turning the other cheek then, was he?

Really
I thought Christ was crucified because they suspected him of sedition, being a rebel (remember the sword), blasphemy, claiming to be God

I think you may find Christ was bringing a form of justice to the money changers in the Temple.
Very pertinent to many people in churches who sell stuff or ask for money, its an offence
Dont think people were crucified for upturning money lenders tables

I understand the image, I just didnt like it

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thats a whole lot of guns, obama better start taking them away soon, oh no i forgot hes going to become king, he has all the time in the world.
edit on 8-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whoever said that fearmongering isn't profitable; well that person should probably never be taken seriously ever again.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I think you may find Christ was bringing a form of justice to the money changers in the Temple.
Very pertinent to many people in churches who sell stuff or ask for money, its an offence
Dont think people were crucified for upturning money lenders tables

I understand the image, I just didnt like it

You misunderstood it. They were. This is the point where Jesus made a statement to the authorities. before that, he was just preaching, performing the odd miracle here and there, and making a nuisance of himself. Oh, and there was the part of his riding on a donkey into the city to "fulfill prophecy" and anger a few people. But frankly, there were a lot of "miracle workers" in those days, like Honi, the Circle Maker, among others.

But by upending the tables of the money changers Jesus was making a statement against the power structure, against the economic structure as well. He was saying the whole bunch of them were corrupt and not only that, he intended to take them out, to disrupt the business of the realm.

And that got him crucified straight away, which brings us back to the point of the OP and the whole issue. A totalitarian government, which the Roman occupation more or less was, cannot afford to have a populace armed and intent on disruption against the established order, which is signified by Jesus' disruption of the economy, or beholden to an authority other than the regime in control, represented by the Bible.

Whether or not you "like" the image is irrelevant. Nobody cares. But the image itself is an important statement.
edit on 12/8/2015 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Whoever said that fearmongering isn't profitable; well that person should probably never be taken seriously ever again.

Nobody ever said that, ever. Hold on...you did, just now!!! Where does that leave us?

I agree completely, just playing.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Data sources say that it is difficult to tell how many firearms there are, because many are not registered.

Assuming there is a percentage curve to those registered and non-registered that could be considered a fuzzy constant, then looking at actual statistics from registered weapons shows the trend nicely, and is probably conservative.

The following data stops in 2012, but it is still telling. You could draw a fairly positive gradient on the average that shows a trend over 10 years.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also records figures for weapons stocked under the National Firearms act, which regulates and taxes many of the most serious weapons. It shows a record high in these weapons being processed this year.

NFA regulated firearms processed

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I heard a report on NPR the other day saying that the U.S. government purchases more than half the guns and ammo sold in the U.S.

Sal

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Oh, I'm sure it's not intentional. I can just see him sitting in the Oval Office, kicking his feet and having a tantrum. It's his own fault. If he and the Dems wouldn't do the knee jerk gun control rhetoric, every time something happened, although they are suspiciously quiet when Chicago has a"busy weekend", maybe folks wouldn't be out buying them. Maybe if they actually tried to do something about gang violence and violent immigrants being released right back in to the public, we wouldn't be worried about our safety. Maybe, just maybe, if he focused on the disease and not the symptom, those terrible gun makers wouldn't be getting so rich.

It's worse than that. If the state governments found they couldn't afford to keep mental cases off the street and pay the pensions... they should have let us know. The public. At least we could have prepared, made a plan, organized, privatized ... something, somehow the mental case being taken in. Instead it started with a liberal test program in California where all of a sudden bearded homeless guys flooded the beach. And it has spent two decades spreading across the country. As odius, and shadowy our existing mental health systems are, they were better than the easily triggered being loose among us. Fire arm carrying Americans. It's almost like the libtards said to themselves ... collectively ... and ... subconsciously ... "well, now that we have banned the firearms, we can turn out 75-80% of our patients."

I don't even know how many spelling errors I've made, but if Hillary wants me to even notice her she would have to be it touch with gun culture, nay a leader in fire arm culture. Otherwise I'm deaf to her as she is to me.

We all remember what happened to Germany after she entered the picture.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Most states don't register firearms. You can google to get exact numbers. The few states who do register, it is for certain types of weapons only, usually "assault weapons" and or handguns. There is really no way to get an accurate count of firearms in the states.

The next problem is muzzle loading firearms are not classified as firearms by the ATF. Maybe one or two state regulate these. They can be sent through the mail and bought without a background check since they aren't classified as firearms. Of course if you look at the civil war as evidence these are just as deadly as modern guns. Another thing with guns, if they are maintained just a little they last almost forever. I have and regularly fire one made 150 years ago.

The bottom line is nobody knows how many guns are in civilian hands in the US.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot
If god protects you why would you desire the opportunity for a gun, unless your god is a gun?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Great. Can we FINALLY drop the idiotic rhetoric that Obama is coming for your guns now?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Great. Can we FINALLY drop the idiotic rhetoric that Obama is coming for your guns now?

Yeah we can finally leave Obama alone about the gun grab.

Now we can focus on hilda beast

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Yea, just shift the unfounded rhetoric onto another Democrat politician, don't actually account for the fact that it is unfounded and didn't come true. Just like end times predictions. Didn't come true? Well just push the date back and we can recycle the idiocy.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yea, just shift the unfounded rhetoric onto another Democrat politician, don't actually account for the fact that it is unfounded and didn't come true. Just like end times predictions. Didn't come true? Well just push the date back and we can recycle the idiocy.

We get it,you are an apologist for this Administration,no matter what.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

No, I'm an apologist for rhetoric based in reality. If you lie with your rhetoric, I'm going to call you on it. FYI, I didn't vote for Obama in either election.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

We get it,you are an apologist for this Administration,no matter what.

nm, read wrong thing.
edit on 12/9/2015 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Are you immortal? Just because it doesn't happen in YOUR lifetime, doesn't mean it won't happen at all.

I'm just calling it as I see it. Historically democrats always call for gun control, and big cities run by democrats have gun control, and it doesn't seem to be helping. Sorry that I don't agree with your party on something. But yes, as a typical liberal you seem content on calling alternative thinking as "idiocy"

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What a terrible image, a gun and a bible.

somebody should tell christians that Jesus was a pacifist who promised nothing in this world but pain.
Jesus promise is in the next
Jesus's disciples carried swords for self defense. Christ being God was undoubtedly aware of this and did not forbid them to do so. Christ beat the money lenders in the temple. Christ used martial metaphors in some of his parables such as that of the good king. after Satan is let free after the end of the millenium or Lord's day Jesus will throw billions of people into the lake of fire to be consumed utterly along with Satan.

Jesus may be a pacifist, he may desire us to love one another and turn the other cheek but he is not against self defense or the defense of others or of a nation. What he told peter (live/die by the sword) was mostly to protect the early church and to allow Christ to fulfill his mission on the cross. but you have to ask why did peter and the other disciples who had the means to have them; have swords anyway?
edit on 9-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: sirlancelot
If god protects you why would you desire the opportunity for a gun, unless your god is a gun?
when Jesus was asked why some men had been killed by the collapse of a watchtower he replied that they had done nothing wrong; they were just at the wrong place at the right time. Jesus also said if your ox is in the ditch on the sabbath do you wait for a day or rescue them right then?

God isn't going to get your ox out of the ditch. you have to do it. or not. but live (or maybe die) with the consequences.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Are you immortal? Just because it doesn't happen in YOUR lifetime, doesn't mean it won't happen at all.

Lol. That's some great defense of idiotic prophecy you got going on there. No, bud I base my disbelief on prophecy on science and intellectual reasoning. You may want to throw them out the window to believe them because we don't live forever (lol, I seriously cannot believe you said that. I'm still laughing), but that's on you.

I'm just calling it as I see it. Historically democrats always call for gun control, and big cities run by democrats have gun control, and it doesn't seem to be helping. Sorry that I don't agree with your party on something. But yes, as a typical liberal you seem content on calling alternative thinking as "idiocy"

Wait you were talking about Obama prophecy? HA! That's even funnier. Obama's Presidency isn't outlasting my lifetime. Gun ownership increased under Obama and at no point was there ever a forced gun grab here.

Though it's nice that you have convinced yourself of a narrative other than reality and called it "alternative thinking", but that stuff doesn't cut it when exposed to rational thinking and reality. It only persists in echo chamber bubbles.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join