It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic [THE SECRET STORY OF PLANET MARS]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
National Geographic has a few video documentaries out that I found to be very interesting. Perhaps you will too.

Mission to Mars?

There seems to be plenty of money to bail out the banks and fund decades long wars yet none for a mission to Mars. Such a waste in my opinion.

Up next;
National Geographic [Symbols of an Alien Sky] Full Documentary Documentaries 2015
That video looks like the one that was originally done by the Thunderbolts Project yet I didn’t watch all of it to confirm. If so a commercial free version is found below.
Episode 2 (above) talks about the enigmatic features found all over the planet Mars. The Thunderbolts Project has done a great job with these new video versions.

And if that weren’t enough there is Episode 1 and Episode 2.
Several hours of videos! Have fun.
edit on 12/8/2015 by Devino because: Fixed Link

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Great ideas and hypotheses. Too bad these cosmic lightning strikes between bodies have never been observed, and there's no known mechanism for how they could happen. Too much hand-waving and reliance on speculative mythology.

You can't just look at a lab experiment and say "this is what happened at cosmic scales".
edit on 9-12-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Great ideas and hypotheses. Too bad these cosmic lightning strikes between bodies have never been observed, and there's no known mechanism for how they could happen. Too much hand-waving and reliance on speculative mythology.

The whole "electric universe" thing has become a kind of religion. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that its supporters are all Scientologists or members of some other sect where interplanetary lightning bolts are part of their core mythology.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

There seems to be plenty of money to bail out the banks and fund decades long wars yet none for a mission to Mars. Such a waste in my opinion.

If the banks failed your job would have been lost too.
Now tell me what return the general US public would get from a Mars mission ?
A few pictures for $100 billion ??

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Great ideas and hypotheses. Too bad these cosmic lightning strikes between bodies have never been observed, and there's no known mechanism for how they could happen.
I think the comparisons are amazing. We have not seen anything close to the magnitude that has been proposed yet the claim is that ancient people witnessed electrical phenomena to such an extent and it was reflected in their culture. I have no way of knowing if it’s true yet I find the whole idea quite fascinating. As far as the mechanism see Birkeland currents. I think the idea is similar yet the scale is much smaller.

Too much hand-waving and reliance on speculative mythology.
Well that’s modern cosmology for you. LOL-Just kidding…sort of.

You can't just look at a lab experiment and say "this is what happened at cosmic scales".
Electricity is scalable to 14 orders of magnitude (and possibly more) so actually yes you can. The problem is, like you pointed out, nothing even close to this scale has been observed in recent history. On a small scale I see the truth in it yet on a cosmic or planetary scale I find it unbelievable. The Universe has had that effect on me in so many ways so I don’t know what to believe.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
The whole "electric universe" thing has become a kind of religion. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that its supporters are all Scientologists or members of some other sect where interplanetary lightning bolts are part of their core mythology.
There are those who say the same thing about the big bang theory. It can also be compared to “a kind of religion”.

I think many supporters are scientists; electrical engineers, plasma physicists, cosmologists and astronomers (and maybe a few Scientologists, who knows). However since the EU has such a bad reputation many distance themselves while they do work and publish papers on these subjects. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the big bang or EU a true understanding will be found in time.
Here is a small example of what I mean;

Mythologies around the world are replete with lightning bolt wielding gods and this has been reflected in many religions. There is no doubt that something has forever changed the ancient’s culture. However, what this thing was remains a mystery.

edit on 12/9/2015 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
If the banks failed your job would have been lost too.
Now tell me what return the general US public would get from a Mars mission ?
A few pictures for $100 billion ??
I think the recent bank failure was manufactured and if the banks get their way my job will be lost but that’s just my opinion.

Try to imagine the effect Sputnik had on the people of the world. Now imagine the effects the Apollo missions had by landing men on the Moon.
It inspired countless people to achieve more and strive to become successful in fields of science that weren’t even dreamed of before that time. Science, technology, education and culture has forever been changed. There is no way of knowing how much an effect the Apollo Moon missions had on humanity but I would guess it’s somewhere in the area of profound.
Perhaps an international Mars mission is just what we need to come together as a global community and start to work out our problems. Or we could bail out the next bank failure and fund another decades long war.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This video is why we should travel to Mars. The problem I believe is that we have already been there with our $$ going to dark projects.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
This video is why we should travel to Mars.
So we can get this guy to calm down? LOL. I agree with him just not in so many words (that’s another little joke).

That’s Dr Robert Zubrin, he is in the original Nat Geo video I posted. He has been trying to promote a Mars mission for more than two decades now, at least since the early 90’s. He is very driven and in this video it appears to borderline obsession. I like the way this guy thinks yet I worry for his health.
edit on 12/9/2015 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino
Electricity is scalable to 14 orders of magnitude

I’m not sure if there is much of a difference but I meant to use the word ‘Plasma’ instead of “electricity”.
I would like to add to the statement made about plasma scalability.

Plasma scaling;

The parameters of plasmas… vary by many orders of magnitude. Nevertheless, there are significant similarities in the behaviors of apparently disparate plasmas. Understanding the scaling of plasma behavior is of more than theoretical value. It allows the results of laboratory experiments to be applied to larger natural or artificial plasmas of interest
Wiki
Plasma scaling works and is useful. It allows for something that big bang cosmology does not, testability.

With regard to actual current magnitudes; filamentation occurs over nearly 12 orders of magnitude while coarser resolution experiments show that the phenomena probably transcends at least 14 orders of magnitude, from microampere to multi-megaampere electron beams.
Springer-Physic s of a Plasma Universe
By filamentation Dr. Peratt is referring to Birkeland currents. Perhaps these scales go way beyond 14 OOM from the nanometer, or smaller, up to supernovae/nebulae or even to a galactic scale. This could prove very valuable to astrophysics and cosmology.

Too bad these cosmic lightning strikes between bodies have never been observed

I would also like to expand on this comment. I’m not sure about celestial lightning strikes yet plasma instabilities on a global scale may have been observed and recorded in antiquity. Most anthropologists refer to petroglyphs as anthropomorphic representations yet there are some scientists who take a different view.

Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity

Abstract—The discovery that objects from the Neolithic or Early Bronze Age carry patterns associated with high-current Z-pinches provides a possible insight into the origin and meaning of these ancient symbols produced by man. This paper directly compares the graphical and radiation data from high-current Z-pinches to these patterns. The paper focuses primarily, but not exclusively, on petroglyphs. It is found that a great many archaic petroglyphs can be classified according to plasma stability and instability data. As the same morphological types are found worldwide, the comparisons suggest the occurrence of an intense aurora, as might be produced if the solar wind had increased between one and two orders of magnitude, millennia ago
This is a very interesting paper in my opinion. An increase in solar activity that produced huge aurorae discharges that was witnessed and recorded by ancient people! This is another thing that at first sounds outlandish and beyond belief yet after reading material like this paper the question becomes more plausible and perhaps even likely.

For more on plasma physics from Anthony L. Peratt, Ph.D; Plasma Universe
Disclaimer from that site;

The Plasma Universe and Plasma Cosmology have no ties to the anti-science blogsites of the holoscience 'electric universe'.

Papers written on the subject;
edit on 12/11/2015 by Devino because: (no reason given)

top topics

join