It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins Communicate Holograms And Now We Can See Them

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Humans don't form any internal 'visual'-style representation of sounds naturally

Er... speak for yourself. Sounds have colours and shapes inside my head, even if I would struggle to draw or even describe them.

Though I certainly agree with your broader point.

edit on 10/12/15 by Astyanax because: of a caveat.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Shapes make sounds in my head, especially if they're moving.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Even if they're moving in a vacuum?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Great applause for the recently candid synesthesiatics.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Bedlam

Even if they're moving in a vacuum?

I have to block most of the animated avatars so I don't hear the zip-swish sounds they make.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

So it's lesser because it has poor eyesight? And lesser for encouraging the age old adage of "the strongest survive?"

Boggles my mind.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm curious if they've done this over a time frame. Not just seeing the acoustic images as what a dolphin sees or perhaps even projects, but whether there are moving images and possible but clear iconographic symbols (abstraction) in dolphin communcation. One dolphin could possibly say something like "diver, jump, fish" in terms of acoustic symbols and another dolphin would then know that if it does a trick involving a jump, it's likely to get a fish from the diver.

At least now we'll be able to see more into a communication we couldn't figure out before.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

So it's lesser because it has poor eyesight? And lesser for encouraging the age old adage of "the strongest survive?"

Not to mention that it is one the ugliest birds anyone has ever seen, lives in a fetid swamp and doesn't even get on with members of its own species.

Boggles my mind.

Stood in the wrong queue when the humour was handed out, eh?

edit on 11/12/15 by Astyanax because: it's funny.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This is awesome.. I can't wait till they use this same kind of tech to read dreams... UCI has been working on the dream stuff FYI great find

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Has this research been published and/or peer reviewed?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

Apparently not.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

so if I'm not mistaken they found a way to use echolocation to make 2d objects. Hasn't this been done is submarines for a long time? but instead of man made tones they used dolphin clicks. I'm probably wrong submarines just have sonar with a dot representing a ship.
edit on 14-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Forgive me for putting my tin foil hat on. Am I the only one that can visualize the military/intelligence value of this. Hydrophones located X distance from coast feeding back into main control center, which automatically translates the 'dolphin-speak' into human visuals. If said visual triggers a stored pattern i.e. submarine, it gets forwarded for human review with coordinates of where visual is? I'm sure it would have to go through a 'best guess' software like facial recognition, but it could theoretically ping on an approaching threat.

Just my .02

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
echnology has allowed us to communicate with greater ease and frequency. Whether it’s the traditional telephone or making video calls off your smartphone - mti magnolia telecom -, there are plenty of convenient ways to stay connected with the ones who mean the most.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that the dolphin was just happy that it could now cross the street?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: donktheclown
Who's that?

Moth man.

LOL... yeah might as well be !

Bacteriophage
en.wikipedia.org...

( PHAGE likes doing therapy in ATS )

Phage therapy
en.wikipedia.org...

Personally I though Phage of ATS were multiple people with the same account ..
as some of his Answers were to quick to respond ..

Basically to some ... He is the INFO Guru of ATS .. LOL...

end of Line...

Back on Topic :
pretty cool what we now know Dolphins can to Photo holographic Imagery
from 3d Cymatics aka ‘CymaGlyphs’ all through Sound

Echolocation in 3D Print: How Do We Look to Dolphins?

by Bridget Butler Millsaps | Dec 4, 2015 | 3D Design, 3D Printing |
3dprint.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As far as the habit of book reading is concerned, this habit is no longer found very common and now people seldom study or read books according to their likings, [url=______beforeitsnews/gold-and-precious-metals/2015/01/pumpwell-solutions-ltd-ceo-nav-dhunay-on-artificial-lift-optimization-2631146.html] Nav Dhunay[/url. Therefore, in recent times, this habits needs a bit of a revival so that coming generations could be aware of the book readings as well. In this era of social media and other networking websites, people tend to spend a lot of time on different activities that take place on various online interactive mediums. As a result, nobody is bothered about the books and their importance that can be attained in their lives.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
A few years ago
, researchers in Miami discovered through a series of experiments, that if they dropped a hydrophone into the water and recorded the clicks/reflected clicks of a dolphin using echolocation to visualize its environment and then played the audio back to other dolphins, those dolphins could identify objects with 92% accuracy].

And the original discovery was posted on ATS, April 2015! ATS thread: How Dolphins communicate which is a blurb about the 3D aspect of echolocation being communicated between dolphins with a link back to "Discovery of Dolphin Language" site. The research in this thread appears to be a follow up to the original announcement with more and better examples.

Not trying to bring you down OP just pointing out that there are people who are aware of these types of announcements. I answered back to another thread about "Best of old school ATS" and was wondering where the thread I mentioned in my reply was and saw the other thread and added to yours for completeness sake (because I'll bet this thread will be nominated if it ever comes to pass there is a "best of" on ATS).

If I had joined early enough, would have S+F!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join