It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

You are really naive, to think that elections will change anything regarding ongoing policies.
No matter who or what side or party gets "elected", the course is already set.
Democracy is a sham and it's only purpose is to give the people of "the free" world the idea, that once every few years they have a say in governance, be it local or national.
I don't get it why people all over the world get so hyped up anymore, when elections of any kind are near.

Where do you think the energy produced by Trumps agendas is going to go when the election is gone? If he loses or drops out which direction do you think his emboldened supports go in? Are they just going to dissipate and forget the political movements that were created against specific demographics? I think there are genuine consequences for scapegoating people in your own country.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

To bad you support corporate lobbying, that's what destroyed our government.

Where exactly did I say I support corporate lobbying?

Perhaps you should get a grip, the Brick Nations have converted to a gold standard and their economies are better then ours.

This is completely false, there is hardly a nation on Earth which uses a currency backed by gold. Many nations may have large gold reserves but all their currencies are still debt based fiat currencies issued by a central bank.

I'm not going to get into a huge debate about currency but for the most part I agree using a gold standard over a debt based currency, but it's not quite that simple. For example I also like Bitcoin because the supply is limited and new bitcoins are very expensive to create. Economics and money theory is a very complicated subject when you get into the fine details and you're mistaken to think the solution is as simple as going back to a gold standard, not like that is even possible anyway.
edit on 8/12/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Where do you think the energy produced by Trumps agendas is going to go when the election is gone?

IMO , I think the GOP is going to get the Ron Paul effect. His loyal base will not show up to vote for anyone but Trump and if they do, it will be to write in his nomination.

edit on 261231America/ChicagoTue, 08 Dec 2015 23:26:43 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

His whole agenda is based on his problems with other groups of people, his suspicions on them. How does no one notice this? Which of your favorite historic leaders has ever made these arguments and stirred # up among his own citizens? when has it ever turned out fine? It's hard to believe anyone on this board would support such an unconstitutional fascist with no concern for social stability.

Thank you, I thought it was just me there for a moment. It feels like I'm in the twilight zone or something... there's truly very little hope for the world when I can't even have faith in ATS membership.
edit on 8/12/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: IAMTAT

All of the Trump hate makes me kinda like the guy even more

You're not alone.
He's not MY choice...but I'm liking how he's able to manipulate and frustrate the media, establishment Republicans...and knee-jerk progressive poop-throwers.

What he is doing is lying to the public. The supporters either don't realize they are being lied to or worse they do.

There is no way to know what he actually stands for except saying anything for a vote.

How is that any different than the rest of these so called politicians?

Because he doesn't like him.

That is the reason.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's all just controlled opposition in my opinion.
And people are played by it like puppets on a string.
As an outsider, I clearly see that Trump wasn't supposed to be the next president, right from the start.
I do hope they get it all over with sooner rather than later, because I'm getting sick of all the American presidential bull# spouting from my tv screen here in Holland every day.
Elections are all fake anyway, why bother with all the attention around it.
If it were up to me, I'd cancel voting entirely.
At least in that way you have total transparency.
No need for expensive and time consuming political campaigns.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Jaellma

I don't know if you think that is good or bad.

He tweeted he wouldn't allow Muslims in the country. That is something he would no authority to do. I don't think he is dumb enough to believe he can so it is a lie.

Wrong, the president has the authority to stop any group of immigrants he wants for any amount of time he sees fit.

Look it up, I'm serious!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: Enochstask

I would ask him about those of us who are disabled
since he made fun of us...
I would like to hear him answer the many questions
that ATS has to ask because we have many intelligent
members here that I think would ask better questions
than just average Joe.

Cheers
Ektar

He did not make fun of you or all disabled, he made fun of one person, that tried to smear him.

Grow a backbone and some thicker skin nancy.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
a reply to: Grimpachi

We have halted immigration before to let immigrants assimilate why couldn't we do it again?

Odd question to me.

In keeping with the thread I assume yo mean Trumps plan.

Which is "build a wall". The only way I would believe he has any intention of doing that would be if he has a buisness partner in the wall building trade.

As far as not allowing Muslims in the country it would be unconstitutional and would fail. He knows that.

To be clear he didn't say he would stop immigration, he said he would stop people of a certain faith.

Which is 100% legal to do, by the President, for any amount of time.

The president can by decree, halt any group or nationality of immigrants from coming into America for any time period he deems necessary.

The constitution does not apply to Syrians in syria, or Syrians in any other country, or any one anywhere.

Immigration is not a right....

What a dumb comment from such a smart person.

You are one of the posters that compelled me to join ATS, you are usually much better informed.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This is completely false, there is hardly a nation on Earth which uses a currency backed by gold.

Perhaps not, however we are heading in that direction, the fiat currency cannot maintain it's self to much longer as you already know our debt is imploding as we speak. It is just a matter of time and soon, that the United States will have to change it's monetary system if it want to keep up with the rest of the world.

BRICS Countries are Going for Gold!

goldstockbull.com...

A US BRICS Currency War

theinternationalforecaster.com...

BRICs Bank To Rival World Bank And IMF And Challenge Dollar Dominance

www.zerohedge.com...

For example I also like Bitcoin because the supply is limited and new bitcoins are very expensive to create. Economics and money theory is a very complicated subject when you get into the fine details and you're mistaken to think the solution is as simple as going back to a gold standard, not like that is even possible anyway.

Why is the gold standard not possible?

Whistleblower Threatens to Expose Corruption at Bitcoin Foundation

valleywag.gawker.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Even if everything else he says is noncommittal hyperbole intended for the consumption of his base, this particular bit really disturbs me, for myriad reasons, and is probably the best example of why a Trump presidency terrifies me. Not even just because of what he says he supports here specifically in and of itself, but because of what one can reasonably extrapolate about someone who says and means this with regard to how he would handle conflict or warfare were it within his purview.

Feel free to disagree, as always, but...

... the man has said he supports torture, even if it doesn't work to derive accurate confessions (which he insists it does.) Because "they deserve it." This speaks to someone who prizes an eye for an eye over striving to maintain a level of humanity in the face of our adversaries... who rejects evidence that a methodology is ineffective at achieving its stated aims, because he feels righteousness about inflicting torment as a means of vengeance.

Regardless of whether one is a hawk or a dove, that, for me, crosses an ethical line. There are conventions against torture which the world has agreed to, in order to hold itself to a standard - at least in theory, though when it comes to war this is difficult to say with a straight face once the first image of a child blown to bits emerges, but I digress - above its baser instincts. It is, one hopes, at least an attempt to confront and hold at bay the worst of what humanity is capable of in times of conflict. For the same reasons rules of engagement exist. The notion that, "Even in war, there are rules, even if the adversary does not abide by them."

Donald Trump does not appear to believe this. He wants to torture. He believes torture is, in this instance, justified, preferable, and desirable, irrespective of its efficacy.

Someone with that stance being the elected leader of the most powerful nation in the history of the world... is horrifying. That's all I'm saying. As I said, feel free to disagree.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

BRICS Countries are Going for Gold!

You do realize that article is from almost 2 years ago don't you? No one is changing to a gold standard any time soon, it's just wishful thinking. And quite frankly it wouldn't be good economic policy because most nations simply don't have enough gold anymore. Furthermore, fiat money doesn't have to be debt based.

Whistleblower Threatens to Expose Corruption at Bitcoin Foundation

You do realize Bitcoin is a decentralized network not owned by anyone right? They may create their foundations but whether anyone listens to them is another story. I sure don't listen to them and I never have because their centralized organization is not in the spirit of Bitcoin.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
One thing I know about politics , whatever grandiose plans
they spruike before the election , very few are fulfilled.
In fact usually it's the opposite .
"I'm going to ..... " never happens .
"I will never ..... " always happens .

In my country , the opposition party usually gets their
way , with the ruling party insisting it was their idea .

Any decent policies are filibustered , same with the
nuttier ones. So whoever gets in is going to just
perpetuate the crap on a stick.

The trumpet/foghorn has alienated %90 of the voters.
He looks down on the working class and will not win there.
He's an elitist snob in the pockets of lobbyists .

All ethnic voters will run in the other direction , straight
towards , you guessed it ..... Hillary .

WOE unto thee , my bent cowboy friends , she's wearing pradas .!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I see through it all, the thing is I support him. Now I will repost my statement from another thread to drive the point home:

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I love Muslims, and have latino parents that immigrated here. I still want Trump for President. I am focused on his viewing the countries policies from a strictly business prospective. He sees war for exactly what it has always been since the beginning of time. That is, MONEY! Taxable land and people, and natural resources became open markets and central banking in the modern human history of warfare. Resources of course is always on the top of the list.

He recognizes the danger of allowing China to literally hold well over 90% control of the global rare earth metals which allow us the portable electronics which have made our lives so difficult to live without. He understand how furious some of us are that China got the lions share of Iraq oil contracts.

Trump simply brings the reality of the world that Western civilization has allowed themselves to become blind to living in the fairy tale illusion that we do. What does it take to have a car, a laptop, a smart phone, tablet, washing machine and dryer, dish washers, air conditioning, refrigeration, clean water, toothpaste, deodorant, cologne, a nice home aquarium, wi-fi everywhere you go, video on demand, speakers, baby formula, diapers, razors for shaving, MRI Cat scans and Xrays, year round access to your favorite fresh produce???

It takes an empire spread across the globe to secure all the resources and favorable trade agreements from the lands that have the resources to make all of those things possible. And that right there, boils down to business pure and simple. When negotiations dont work, we send our warriors to change their minds or carve out a new territory ruled by a people who WILL negotiate favorable terms.

Trump understands the importance of Afghanistan and its mineral wealth. Syria is a lost cause for the energy industry, but the rulers of finance insist on taking control of their money supply and monetary policy. It will only result in a WW3 scenario if they continue to push.

I suspect Putin will hit a European or Central Asian (or even Middle Eastern) hosted American air base if NATO continues to allow its smaller states to instigate violence against Russia. That is what I interpret from Putins statement in that video, and I believe Trump knows that. So let them have Syria, try our best to regain our influence in Iraq, and solidify our priorities in Afghanistan. Those should be our top priorities for our civilization in order to maintain our American way of life as well as to continue to innovate to make our lives more convenient.

Trump is a true imperialist capitalist at heart. These are the type of men that made America as powerful it is today, and if we stand a chance at keeping that power, it will be by electing another true imperial capitalist. Too many of the people in charge of policy have become ideologically driven because they started believing their own bullsnap, and forgot that the goal was always money. If we can get a money man back in charge, things will become surprisingly stable in this civi.

The very reason a civilization can exist is because the few determined men of action build institutions to make their drive for unlimited wealth potential possible. These institutions subsequently hide their true motivations by utilizing ideology. As a result, industries are built, infrastructure is laid down, and civilization progresses. The only places on Earth where human communities are not modeled in this fashion, regardless of form of government or economic model, are in the small isolated tribes away from traditional civilization. Even many of those still follow this very basic principle.

I know Trump is an imperialist, and that is why I want him in office. Our empire must expand or die.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It takes an empire spread across the globe to secure all the resources and favorable trade agreements from the lands that have the resources to make all of those things possible. And that right there, boils down to business pure and simple. When negotiations dont work, we send our warriors to change their minds or carve out a new territory ruled by a people who WILL negotiate favorable terms.

Geez dude, do you even read what you write? You are directly promoting U.S. imperialist dominance of the globe like it's something to strive for. I don't even know what to say, the fact you can take so much pride in your selfish ideals is astonishing.

Trump is a true imperialist capitalist at heart. These are the type of men that made America as powerful it is today, and if we stand a chance at keeping that power, it will be by electing another true imperial capitalist.

You might also want to pay attention to the fact that the people who founded the United States had a deep respect for personal liberty and religious freedom. The U.S. rebelled against the imperialist British empire only to become imperialists themselves because of people like you.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

hey man, everyone can have personal liberty, as long as they agree to sell us their resources at a favorable rate. I apologize if the way human civilization has functioned since history has been recorded offends you, but it is what it is. I simply accept the inevitable fact and understand that noone will change this model. It is not possible. Putin will not change it, Russia uses the same model. All of NATO and its allies also rely on this same model, thanks in part to the actions and transactions of the Empire.

I can still go shoot in the woods, light fireworks, drink some beer and yell my most critical thoughts at the nations capital. Me having that liberty is because our empire has done what it does for our civilization. You are able to type your opinions on this technological medium because the empire has done what it does for our civilization.

Maybe it is not fair, but it is honest. Life is rarely fair, but it is very often brutally honest.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

hey man, everyone can have personal liberty, as long as they agree to sell us their resources at a favorable rate.

Lmao at least you're honest. But seriously, how is this a good approach to foreign policy? You bully other nations when they wont sell their resources at a cheap cost, because the U.S. "deserves" to have total compliance from the rest of the world? I think it's you who needs a lesson in how the real world functions. Some times you cannot get everything you want, and when you don't, the solution is not to throw a tantrum. Your proposals are what have created all these terrorists in the first place, how blind do you have to be that you cannot recognize that fact? Going around acting like you own the world does not win you any friends I'm sorry to tell you.

Me having that liberty is because our empire has done what it does for our civilization. You are able to type your opinions on this technological medium because the empire has done what it does for our civilization.

Your level of arrogance and self entitlement is just truly off the scales. So now all technological progress can be traced back to the U.S. alone, and none of the greatest scientists in history have been from other nations? Do you want to check your facts on that because I'm pretty sure you're wrong. People from all around the world help contribute to the advancement of science and society as a whole. I think someone forgot to inform you the U.S. stopped leading the world in many different areas a long time ago.

Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world, anymore.
edit on 9/12/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It wouldn't be so bad if it was just effecting America and Americans, but seeing as the us is the global super power it effects us all no matter what country we are in. In the uk we have seen his bully boy tactics and intimidation of those who dare stand in his way in Scotland. Yet no one in America has dared tell the emperor he has no clothes. I know you all hate Obama, but if anything he has made America seem like a sane country after g.w bushes reckless spell as president, but after 6 years on ATS I know you Americans don't give a # about what the rest of the world thinks about your country. You were granted a God given right to be the best country in the world. Mike huckerbee and glen Beck said so.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Let me make myself clear, nothing this empire is doing today is any different than what every empire or civilization has done in the past. All of the countries of today are built on the ruins of a conquered people from some point in time. The future will not change that.

When I refer to 'The Empire' I do not refer specifically to America alone. The current Empire consist of All of NATO, a handful of compliant South American states, a handful of compliant African states, a handful of compliant middle eastern states, Japan, Korea, a handful of compliant Pacific island states and a few Central Asian vassal states.

That is one hell of a large empire, and if you reside in any of these places you are also part of that empire. Your labor and your taxes contribute to it. If you try to fight it, you will end up under attack yourself and eventually it will destroy you.

Every empire and civilization has its own way to secure these resources, open markets, and monetary policy. While it my appear our empire is rather barbaric y waging war when the terms of a deal are not in our favor, we are allowed our liberty in an effort to secure our approval. Well maybe not approval, but we certainly have no problem reaping the benefits.

I want to compare with China. China prefers to secure its resources and open markets through diplomacy and trade agreements. The trade offs are that they their people do not have as much liberty as ourselves on choices we hold sacred such as free speech, family planning, wealth building and so on. If I were writing this from China without a VPN (as if it actually will help), I would be in prison. Your views against such harsh tactics may lead to the same result if you were vocal enough about it.

So China secures the resources and agreements it needs for its civilization without destroying whole countries or displacing foreign citizens, however it comes at a cost most outsiders consider harsh against their own citizens in regards to personal liberty and choices.

Which model is the right one?? They are technically both the same. Both sides involve doing, what it takes, to achieve the needs for its civilization, they simply have different ideologies on how to reach that goal.

daesh is merely the birth of a new empire made possible by all the technological advances of their rivals. They have, IMO, managed to even buy out the alleged leaders of the military spear of the empire . This is demonstrated in the actions of our empire in what almost appears to be assistance to the new empire. I believe they have been tricked of course by treacherous forces from within as this is how a global empire is typically torn apart.

Trump represent the traditional way of running an empire, which we have been coerced away from. I think Obama has put our civilization at risk, and this includes the states of Europe.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh would you look at that, Trump says he wants to close up parts of the internet to quash the terrorist threat online. What was that you were saying AmericanRealist? How Trump is going to help defend the freedoms that the U.S. deserves even though no other nations seem to deserve those same freedoms? I thought he was the guy who was going to get us on a gold standard and abolish debt? Oh what's that, he thinks people who support freedom of speech are foolish and he doesn't give a crap about the average joe or our personal freedoms? Who would've guessed, omg it's such a surprise that he's just another corrupt rich dude like the rest of them... *face palm*.

We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, ‘Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.’ These are foolish people.”

www.dailydot.com...

ATS thread: Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join