It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

When people realize this is what they will be watching for 4 years they will have a What The Hell Was I Thinking moment.

So repeating the same experiment, voting for one of those chosen for us by those we SHOULD be eliminating from our government and those who control it is the sane thing to do?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Trump can do Jack freakin squat and for those of you pretending that electing another D OR R will change the outcome for the better?

Well, ain't that great, another 4 years on ATS bitching against someone because they don't believe in your political party as you do!!!

How is that different than a religious fanatic?
edit on 8-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I TOLD all of the LIBERALS if you continue to be so rude the pendulum will swing that much farther right politically.
Now IMAGINE Trump with all of these NEWFOUND executive orders powers he can play with...

Or worse ... imagine someone like Cruz.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yup!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: whyamIhere

One guy? :-)

There's plenty of people who would like him to go away, and plenty more that would like him to shut up. That's not the same thing as trying to silence him

I hope you can appreciate the difference - and why this is important

I've heard what you've said repeated in many places. It's a tool - not one i want him to be able to use

Point taken...

Nobody is physically trying to shut him up. I can appreciate the difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
a reply to: FlySolo

sounds like a plan

Over Putin's dead body. There's a 10 Billion dollar natural gas pipeline at stake behind all this mess. This isn't just about Muslims, this is about Russia and USA dink swinging over oil.

Trump has no clue.
edit on 8-12-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump’s rhetoric as an American is equivalent to Hitler’s

At this point Trump is the most dangerous demagogue in history of American politics

On a par with George Wallace

Just because he’s at the front of one of the two parties

This as many say are delighting the terrorists

They are laughing at America and Trump

Also he’s endangering Americans all over the world

Endangering innocent Muslims in America

Trump is a national disgrace and would be the destruction of America and worst if he got elected president

Really? So who are you voting for that could run this country better, or are you not voting on election day?

Trump’s not qualified psychologically to be president.

And if he does get the nomination he will get so few minority votes that he probably can’t win.

What’s the worst thing about Trump is not his racism, ignorance, and bigotry but the fact that he has no sense of self examination.

He’s never wrong, never will apologize.

He’d justify anything in his mind and that the attribute of a Hitler

link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

i feel the same way.. if he wants to bring a citizens view to leading the country and doesnt kill for profit.. i think its perfect and i really hope he does away woth the current tax system... its really really annoying that i cant figure out my own taxes bc i dont have a tax degree

If Trump does away with the Tax System, he will surely be remembered in the History books for that. For a country as big as the US what are the odds of pull this off?

But hey Trump is a successful multi-billionaire business man, so who knows what he is capable doing as the POTUS?

link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Donald Trump is our only hope... Thank you ATS for all the threads and support for him!!! When Trump is president you will be thanking us.
I thought it was interesting how many famous people are Muslim
why cant anybody see trump is a false flag las Vegas has Hillary on the top highest bet for the win she being real out of the lights, watching him run all Muslims and Mexicans out of the country the president doesn't have that kind of power he needs a clown costume......... Most of these people are black which some of you would call them African American ***wow*** what's trump going to do with the African American Muslims that never even came from Africa??

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Reductio ad Hitlerum is sometimes called "playing the Nazi card". According to its critics and proponents, it is a tactic often used to derail arguments, because such comparisons tend to distract and anger the opponent, as Hitler and Nazism are seen as unpopular in the modern Western world.

Reductio Ad Hitlerum
Godwin's Law
edit on 8-12-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Interesting. So what do you make of this?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
He doesnt win.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Once he gets his nomination, a new "deal" will be offered with more refined rhetoric in order to convince the populace.

That's how the current guy got in to office.

As Mencken once said in a galaxy far,far,away:

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. Baltimore Sun (26 July 1920)

en.wikiquote.org...

I don't fear Trump.

I fear the other sides 'front runners.'.

People are acting like the 2016 election is already over.

We still have a long way to go.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
So repeating the same experiment, voting for one of those chosen for us by those we SHOULD be eliminating from our government and those who control it is the sane thing to do?

Not much to pick from anyway you look at it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

And with Trump being compared to Nazis

Well...

I don't think it's an unreasonable comparison, if simplistic. I don't think he'll moderate either. Why would he it's when it's working for him?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: seeker1963

Not much to pick from anyway you look at it.

Am I wrong to say we will most likely burn no matter who is elected?

Grant you, I am not a young, green behind the ears, with a heart full of optimism, but I think if any financial advisor took a look at our nations debt?????

All I'm sayin. Bunch of thieves kicking the can down the road! While we suffer they enjoy dining like royalty!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
People are acting like the 2016 election is already over.

We still have a long way to go.

True enough.

But the Iowa Caucus and NH primary are less than 2 months away. Everything that happens from here on out will actually have some real relevance on the outcome.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
why cant anybody see trump is a false flag las Vegas has Hillary on the top highest bet for the win she being real out of the lights, watching him run all Muslims and Mexicans out of the country the president doesn't have that kind of power he needs a clown costume......... Most of these people are black which some of you would call them African American ***wow*** what's trump going to do with the African American Muslims that never even came from Africa??

I do not agree but he said

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on
so I think the African American Muslim or any American Muslim is not in the group he is talking about.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
To me it is symptomatic of the decline of American politics. Money, media, and mania have made some of the most crucial choices Americans ever make into one more form of consumerism and entertainment.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I can understand why he's getting a following. Trump speaks his mind, no matter how foolish he sounds. He speaks in a manner that is clearly different than the average politician. Most politicians are coached and watch what they say. They all stick to their political party platform and don't dare go against it for fear of losing votes.

If this country did away with the 2 party system, we would have more political candidates speaking their minds, and being less politically correct. In Trump's case, he really believes in what he says. In some respects that's refreshing because as a voter we can better understand where he stands on the issues.

However, In my case and I'm sure with many others, it also puts on display his true character. That includes his foolish rantings, rudeness, bully persona, and narcissistic personality. It also helps voters get a better picture of how well he understands the issues and how our government operates. With Trump, what we see is what we get.

We can't see the true character of other politicians like we can with Trump. Other politicians are guarded and used coached one-liners to hide their true character and knowledge on the issues. So in reality, it shows many Americans prefer a politician to present their true beliefs instead of following a prepared script.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And with Trump being compared to Nazis

Well...

I don't think it's an unreasonable comparison, if simplistic. I don't think he'll moderate either. Why would he it's when it's working for him?

Pick and choose much?

I remember quite distinctly people comparing PC and some of Obama's policies as Hitler like and the Progressive left went apes#$# crazy on the internet, saying it was an offensive thing for the right wing to do and an insult to those who died in the Concentration Camps!

Why is it cool to say it now?

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join