It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration says Trump is not eligible to run for office or other candidates who agree

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

You sir are a fool. And you are being played.

You didn't even came up with those words by yourself, they got implemented.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right,I agree but this sitting president has expressed the most un-American rhetoric of any president. ..so what's worse?

Actually that isn't even close to true and clearly shows you either haven't studied historic Presidents or you are so blinded by partisan politics that you are ignoring them.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Unfortunately we had the raging racist, Woodrow Wilson, as a President so the White House is wrong here. Trumps idiotic rhetoric doesn't disqualify him from running as President. Though I don't blame them for worrying. Trump's rhetoric is the most unamerican rhetoric I've seen come from a Presidential candidate.

Slight problem there.

Muslim isn't a race.

What does that have to do with Woodrow Wilson?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

what?? Nothing he said was factually incorrect, so how can he be a fool or get played by stating as such? Please elaborate, I dont understand your comment enough to formulate the best response.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Indigo5

Catholics do not have laws. Jews do not have laws. What the hell are you talking about? I tried to make it real easy.

You post is precisely false.

Catholicism: Canon Law

The Catholic Church has the oldest continuously functioning legal system in the West

The canon law of the Catholic Church is the system of laws and legal principles made and enforced by the hierarchical authorities of the Church to regulate its external organization and government and to order and direct the activities of Catholics toward the mission of the Church

en.wikipedia.org...(Catholic_Church)

Judiasm: Beth Din

In Orthodox Judaism, a beth din consists of three observant Jewish men, at least one of whom is widely knowledgeable in Jewish law (halakha), to be capable of instructing the other members in any matters of halakha relevant to the case being heard.

A beth din is sometimes used within the Orthodox Jewish community to resolve civil disputes, with the Shulkhan Arukh[3] calling for civil cases being resolved by religious instead of secular courts (arka'oth). Modern Western societies increasingly permit civil disputes to be resolved by private arbitration, enabling religious Jews to enter into agreements providing for arbitration by a particular beth din in the event of a dispute.

en.wikipedia.org...

Your differentiation of Islam because it has a component of religious laws (recognized by it's followers to varying degrees depending on sect and individual preference...liberal through extremist conservative) fails...Unless you choose to include other religions with similar tenants.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A friend of mine that I grew up with posted this on Facebook yesterday. Just some details of American immigration policies over the years. Enjoy.

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT
Our nation for various reason and at various times has restricted immigration of certain people and from certain countries through out its long history. All the political nonsense happening now is just that nonsense and most are making Trump's words sound as though some unusual thing is being proposed. If you really want to know the history of immigration below is a condensed list highlighting certain restrictions that have been placed on immigrants and even refugees in our nations history. This is not a defense of Trump as much as it is a reply to all the insane talk coming from politicians during a ramping up of presidential campaigning. If you want to really educate yourself on the issue read it, if you would rather remain ignorant then do not.

1790 - The Naturalization Act established uniform rules of naturalization and a two year residency requirement for aliens who are “free white persons” of “good moral character”.

1798 - Considered as part of the Alien and Sedition Acts permitted the president to deport foreigners deemed to be dangerous and increase the residency requirements to 14 years. 1802 reduced the residency requirement to 5 years, which it is today.

1808 - Importation of slaves into the US banned

1840 – 1850 crop failures in Germany and the Irish Potato famine led to a large mass of immigration

1854 - A newer political movement rises and it sought and placed more restrictions on immigration from Catholic Ireland. Protestant Americans believed that the growing Catholic immigration would place American society under the Pope.

1862 The Anti-Coolie Act discourages Chinese immigration to California and institutes special taxes on employers who hire Chinese workers.
Though the transcontinental railroad allowed for specific contractor immigration from China (to build rails in the west) and Ireland (to build the rails in the east)

1882 Immigration Act levies a tax of 50 cents on all immigrants landing at US ports and makes several categories of immigrants ineligible for citizenship (i.e., “lunatics” and people who can become a public trust – other words dependent on the state)

1882 Chinese Exclusion Act restricts immigration to the US from China for a period of ten years.

1885 Allen Contract Labor Law prohibits companies and individuals from bringing foreigners into the US under contract to perform labor jobs…meant to protect American laborers…exception was domestic servers and skilled workers to help start new industries or trades.

1891 Immigration Act “persons suffering from loathsome or dangerous contagious disease, those convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, and polygamist were prohibited from migrating to the US, were ineligible.

1892 The Geary Act extends the Chinese Exclusion Acts for ten more years

1901 President McKinley shot by a Polish anarchist and dies. Congress enacts the Anarchist Exclusion Act, which prohibits their entry into the US people judged to be “anarchists and a Political Extremists”.

1906 Immigrants are required to know some English

1907 Informal Gentleman’s Agreement between Japan and the US. The US agrees not to restrict Japanese immigration and to resolve other issues for Japanese-Americans if Japan would limit the number of labor related visas into the US

1907 Dillingham Commission formed by Congress to study the effects of immigration on the US.

1911 Dillingham Commission prints a 42-volume report warning that the new immigration from Southern and Eastern Europe threatens to subvert American Society. Recommendations lay the foundation to start issuing Quotas, which were enacted in the 20s.

1917 Immigration Act restricts immigration from Asia in general

1919 Communist Prohibited from immigrating to the US

1921 Emergency Quota Act restricts immigration from a given country to 3% of the number of people from that country already in the US.

1922 Cable Act repeals most of Asian Restrictions, except women marrying Asians loses her citizenship

1923 SCOTUS ruled in US v Bhashat Binsh Thind Indians from the Asian Sub-Continent cannot become US citizens

1924 Immigration Act limits European immigration to a 2% quota

1923 the Oriental Exclusion Act prohibits most immigration from Asian again

1948 Displaced Persons Act allowed 205,000 refugees over 2 years from the Baltic States admitted as quota immigrants. Technical provisions discriminated against Catholics and Jews. Provisions were eventually dropped in 1953

1950 Grounds for exclusions and deportation expanded

In 1943 Mexican farmers complained about all the illegal immigration trespassing on their land to enter the US. The Mexican government and US government began working together to prevent the illegal immigration into the US.

By 1954 to 1955 Eisenhower with the help of the Mexican government instituted the deportation operation commonly referred to as “operation wetback”. The first year over a million were captured and sent back to Mexico.

1980 Refuge Act removed refugees as a preference category and reduced worldwide ceiling for all immigration.

2001 Patriot Act provisions prohibit immigration to anyone supporting or endorsing Terrorist Activity. Passed overwhelmingly by both parties in both chambers of congress.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Actually , I would say Obama has the most Anti-American rhetoric I've ever heard, followed by Hillary. Trump is just saying things, Obama actually has engaged in anti-american actions.
reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Really Sharia is well know to be practiced in Muslim communities under Freedom of religion when actually is a law, under what rock has you been hiding lately.

And even today, thousands of Jews in both the United States and Israel look to rabbinic courts and halacha to resolve all manner of civil disputes.

www.momentmag.com...

This is scary ignorance...By letting fear drive your thinking you gladly race down a slippery slope banning religions in the USA...And religious freedom is what our country was built upon.

Religious "laws" in the USA do not supersede Federal or local laws...it doesn't even supersede local village ordinances ..it is toothless..it's only validity being the faith and willingness of those involved to abide.

Ignorance...Ignorance...Ignorance....Trump is a dog whistle for hate, intolerance and ignorance..

Folks that are so fearful that they would gladly give up the foundation of our freedoms...well that scares me much more than ideologically retarded extremists.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
During World War II, no Japanese American in the U.S., Hawaii or Alaska, citizen or immigrant, was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage.

Executive Order 9066: Resulted in the relocation of all Japanese Americans

www.archives.gov...
Issued by President Franklin Roosevelt on February 19, 1942, this order authorized the evacuation of all persons deemed a threat to national security from the West Coast to relocation centers further inland. In the next 6 months, over 100,000 men, women, and children of Japanese ancestry were moved to assembly centers. They were then evacuated to and confined in isolated, fenced, and guarded relocation centers, known as internment camps.

Mr. Trump could indeed create a list and fill prisons. Seems way unacceptable to me. I would rather see armed guards at gun free zones, and lots more people in concealed carry class. When threatened we should arm ourselves not start laying down rights etc...
edit on 9-12-2015 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The 'establishment is not scared, they, and most Americans, are extremely EMBARRASSED. Trump's a buffoon making our country look worse than anything ISIS could ever do.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mdl59
Actually , I would say Obama has the most Anti-American rhetoric I've ever heard, followed by Hillary. Trump is just saying things, Obama actually has engaged in anti-american actions.
reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea, no. If you think that then you need to go restudy history, namely the history of our Presidents. Though it is rather amusing to see your obvious partisan bias clouding your judgment of history.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Beth Din is an ancient form of 'laws' that in modern times may be used by some Orthodox Jewish sects. This is a way to settle disagreements. It is not Sharia by any means. There are some civil matters that are handle by these but there is a judicial branch of the government.

Canon Law in the Catholic church, in a modern sense, is used to 'govern' the churches, provide a structure from parishes to bishops up to the pope and could make ruling on some matters. I am catholic and understand where it is used. You cannot say I will not show up in court because of Canon Law....

However, neither of these are used instead of the law of the country that a person or persons would live nor does it affect the constitutional basis of a country.

Sharia is a set of laws that is created to be the foundation of a country or the basic laws of governance. Like Saudi Arabia.

I hope this explains it a bit better. (sorry for the emotional response prior)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Having researched the history of immigration in the USA I would observe that is a selective and somewhat watered down accounting, albeit accurate for what is included.

If he...or yourself...is proposing that Trump's proposed policy is unoriginal..

Where has a policy ever been instituted banning immigrants of a given religion?

Yes..the "Know Nothing" party was fiercely opposed to Catholics Immigrating, but their Ideology was deemed anti-American even in 1854 and failed.

Interestingly though their propaganda campaign of fear...the USA being under rule of the Pope and Catholic Church...lasted for almost another century with derivatives into the KKK and general intolerant segment of the population. That is why Pres. Kennedy's election was a milestone and even during his campaign there was a great deal of propaganda about how he was beholden to the Pope and Manchurian candidate aimed at placing the USA under Catholic rule.

Is the suggestion that we embrace a fear mongering campaign that failed from 150 years ago?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Out of time..but a little research on your behalf would find the opposite of what you claim.

Both Jewish law and Cannon/Catholic Law run the gambit from being pseudo-mediation settlement among the faithful while being completely toothless absent faith and willingness...all the way to being close to government enforced law.

The Vatican is after all it's own state...And is in Israel Beth Din is given much more weight by the courts than here..

No where in the USA are Cannon Laws, Beth Din or Sharia Law recognized as enforceable...to the contrary, our system of government does not enforce religious laws and protects people from the same.

For now anyways...Lets have our government start picking and choosing religions and see where that leads us...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

How apropos. A sitting potus who himself is a Kenyan with a Kenyan father and fabricated his bc telling the world a natural born citizen is not eligible. It would be humorous if not so incredibly tragic.
edit on 9-12-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

edit on 9-12-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

The presidency has as much power as we allow it to have. Current Admin proves that. They have oversteped the bounds many times in the past 7 years and each time someone yells about it and then Congress does nothing. 30 times the ACA has been changed by Executive order, which is illegal. A law MUST be changed by Congress not the President. But no one has called his bluff on this yet. He does not belong to the Legislative or Judicial branch of government, which are the two that CAN change laws. He is just suppose to ENFORCE the law.

Well, paragraph (f) in 8 U.S. Code, Section 1182 - Inadmissible Aliens seems to give the power to the president to bar any group of aliens entry into the U.S. for any reason for any duration of time (emphasis mine):

(f) SUSPENSION OF ENTRY OR IMPOSITION OF RESTRICTIONS BY PRESIDENT

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

I must give credit to "oOo TOPCAT oOo" for bringing that to my attention. It seems legit, and does not impost restrictions as to the "why" behind the president deciding that class of alien being detrimental to U.S. interests. While I think that may give the president a little too much power, it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: dismanrc

The presidency has as much power as we allow it to have. Current Admin proves that. They have oversteped the bounds many times in the past 7 years and each time someone yells about it and then Congress does nothing. 30 times the ACA has been changed by Executive order, which is illegal. A law MUST be changed by Congress not the President. But no one has called his bluff on this yet. He does not belong to the Legislative or Judicial branch of government, which are the two that CAN change laws. He is just suppose to ENFORCE the law.

Well, paragraph (f) in 8 U.S. Code, Section 1182 - Inadmissible Aliens seems to give the power to the president to bar any group of aliens entry into the U.S. for any reason for any duration of time (emphasis mine):

(f) SUSPENSION OF ENTRY OR IMPOSITION OF RESTRICTIONS BY PRESIDENT

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

I must give credit to "oOo TOPCAT oOo" for bringing that to my attention. It seems legit, and does not impost restrictions as to the "why" behind the president deciding that class of alien being detrimental to U.S. interests. While I think that may give the president a little too much power, it is what it is.

"Class of Aliens" can not be differentiated based on religion...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Thanks for posting this--I meant to thank you yesterday.

I was unaware of this paragraph in that section of U.S. code, and it certainly does seem to give the sitting president the authority to ban any group of alien entry into the U.S. for any reason he sees as detrimental to our interests--and for any length of time, too.

I haven't seen any intelligent, legal opinion that negates this yet, so it seems as though Trumps claims are correct if he wanted to do it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

How apropos. A sitting potus who himself is a Kenyan with a Kenyan father and fabricated his bc telling the world a natural born citizen is not eligible. It woke be humorous if not so incredibly tragic.

Thank you for reminding me that Trump is a birther....

He is now threatening the GOP with an independent run...

I really wonder what his asking price is and who is going to pony up the money to have him drop out.

He definitely has the segment of the GOP with over-active fear centers locked up...Plus the birthers...Plus the segment of the emotional far right who simply hates the establishment and doesn't care about policy.

Certainly enough to scuttle any hope of the GOP taking back the whitehouse...but not enough to get the majority of the vote...in any way, shape or fashion...never going to happen.

So he really is the GOPs doom in 2016...How much will they pay him to go away? Or will we all just watch the GOP sink on a burning ship over the next 12 months?
edit on 9-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join