It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not hear about Islam from a woman who grew up as Muslim in the ME?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In keeping with recent events in America, France...and around the world for that matter...including today's literal hysteria surrounding Donald Trump's call to hit pause on Muslims coming to America, until people can figure out what is really going on...here is one woman's view on the truth about Islam.

I know that there is a whole lot of "inconvenient truth" contained within this video, presented by a young woman who says that she has seen both sides of life as a Muslim in the Middle East - and who has a lot to say about the "hypocrisy" of those of us in the West who pooh-pooh what Islam teaches, or who want to believe that the extremists have just high jacked the religion in some way...it is worth the view, and to quietly contemplate her words afterwards.

Like many of you here on ATS, I also have Muslim friends, acquaintances and co-workers who have never caused me any harm. I am also not blind to what is going on around the world on a daily basis; and the great harm that has come to hundreds of thousands of people at the hands of those who say they are following the teachings of Islam.

I am not qualified to say exactly where the truth lies...or maybe more accurately...to say by what degree each of the seeming extremes of Islam is representative of the whole truth.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The point is that extremism exists in ALL religions. Everyone just turns a blind eye to their own forms of religious extremism in the religions they worship. All these statistics and anecdotes trying to paint all or most Muslims as extremists can easily be flipped on Christians rather easily, but then when you do that they turn around and try to say it's not the same thing. It's all cognitive dissonance in my opinion. I don't like any abrahamic religion because they all breed extremism, but we have the first amendment in this country. Therefore we all have the right to believe what we want. You just have to deal with it. Muslims are here, some are bad, most aren't.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Let me just quote from people about her rant:

This lady is ignorant, Mohamed is considered the last in a long line of prophets that included Jesus. No Islam is not a race, but bigotry is bigotry, and hatred of Islam is based in race because of the large portion of non-whites that are members. Also, since it is a religion there are different sects that practice it differently just like Christianity, so it is IGNORANT to claim that the religion is a monolith.

Hey Dum**** Girl...Get your Facts right, you don't even know the Background story....Just pulling everything out of context Let me Educate you...

1:40 Firstly , *stop replacing everything abt 'jihad' with 'Jhd'*Jihad is a Noun, NOT some jhd....... Actually Jihad meaning is to put out effort, to struggle, strive , NOT jhd.............. The word Jihad ITSELF DOESNT mean to fight in the name of god, the sentence for that is Jihad fi sabili-allah hi which means to struggle(jihad) in the way of God ---------

2:04 "Allah wants everybody to become muslims," .....* facepalm * you Fa****, you assume too much...He himself revealed the Verse that ISLAM is NOT A COMPULSION Quran 2:256 "There is no compulsion in religion" ----------

2:10 * sigh * ...watch full background story of when kill them wherever you find them verse was revealed & why Watch full context of verse www youtube com/watch?v=wI3XYnc1YVQ -------------

3:50 Wow..applause for distorting the whole story -he didnt dreamt, it was an actual incident -the poison was in a cooked food, not water Now, a woman purposely put poison to kill muhammad and his whole group and ends up killing some people except muhammad. hence she committed murder for no reason therefore death sentence was given to her Muhammad killed all people? Took all women slaves? .........WHAT's up with that in story? seriously? get a life -----------------

4:30 "I grew up as a Muslim " ......MY ASS Grew up where Noone prayed ever, noone wore hijab,Father is a Gangster, Everyone is westernised,... that is nowhere near being a muslim. ---------------

7:00 Muslims brought Slavery? Go read ur f***** bible which was revealed thousand years before Muhammad, it contains everything about slavery Slavery was practiced even before Muhammad and is very normal in bible. Dont accuse muslims when it was a culture of every religion in medieval age to take slaves and marry young girls. www youtube com/watch?v=WsYk-tRp9jk .-----------

8:07 Noone wants to challenge ur knowledge...You are #ing dumb and half educated, which does not make you more different than ISIS or Jihadists etc...who thinks they have knowledge and doing right. You are just some dimwit who researched half of the Islam so that you can make it sound bad...thats all.

By reading a lot of Muslim who is making a counterargument, it seems like she knows Jack all about the religion, and my personal conclusion is, she is not an ex-Muslim or Muslim at all. There is no proof at all to begin with.
edit on 8-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There is a fallacy known as the "No True Scotsman" fallacy, that can be applied to the notion that Islamic terrorists are not true Muslims, or extremists are not representative of their political affiliation. The notion that those who commit atrocities in the name of Islam do not represent Islam is demonstrably untrue.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Watching that video gave me the creeps.
I just hope people will pay attention and will understand they have to protect their values and culture.

And I said "protect", not "attack"; is not the same thing.
It may help our culture last a little longer.

edit on 8-12-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why not hear about Islam from one the Islamic terror victims massacred by savage zealots?

Because the dead can not speak.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The point is that extremism exists in ALL religions. Everyone just turns a blind eye to their own forms of religious extremism in the religions they worship. All these statistics and anecdotes trying to paint all or most Muslims as extremists can easily be flipped on Christians rather easily, but then when you do that they turn around and try to say it's not the same thing. It's all cognitive dissonance in my opinion. I don't like any abrahamic religion because they all breed extremism, but we have the first amendment in this country. Therefore we all have the right to believe what we want. You just have to deal with it. Muslims are here, some are bad, most aren't.

Yes. However, it is completely disingenuous to compare other religions today with Islam in terms of the sheer volume of backwardness and violence. It is not even remotely close.

For every Christian who thinks it is OK to bomb a planned parenthood there are probably 10,000 acts of Islamic violence.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What does it matter what any muslim has to say? So they don't support the terrorist...it technically changes nothing..the terrorist will continue to bomb and kill in the name of islam.

Just like the catholic church doing nothing about the sex scandals the muslim community is not doing anything of substance to address this issue..sure there is some vocalization but nothing meaningful.

So we are left with our president telling us not to paint with a broad brush...great words of comfort.

Bomb some more empty camps Mr. President..
edit on 8-12-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Yes. However, it is completely disingenuous to compare other religions today with Islam in terms of the sheer volume of backwardness and violence. It is not even remotely close.

Not really. Christian extremism is actually worse in this country than Muslim extremism. Going by the numbers that is.

For every Christian who thinks it is OK to bomb a planned parenthood there are probably 10,000 acts of Islamic violence.

Ooooooh. Gotta love statistics made up on the spot. I can just ignore them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Not really. Christian extremism is actually worse in this country than Muslim extremism. Going by the numbers that is.

Ooooooh. Gotta love statistics made up on the spot. I can just ignore them.

So where are your stats on Christian extremism?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

Non-Muslim extremists have carried out 19 such attacks since Sept. 11, according to the latest count, compiled by David Sterman, a New America program associate, and overseen by Peter Bergen, a terrorism expert. By comparison, seven lethal attacks by Islamic militants have taken place in the same period.

If such numbers are new to the public, they are familiar to police officers. A survey to be published this week asked 382 police and sheriff’s departments nationwide to rank the three biggest threats from violent extremism in their jurisdiction. About 74 percent listed antigovernment violence, while 39 percent listed “Al Qaeda-inspired” violence, according to the researchers, Charles Kurzman of the University of North Carolina and David Schanzer of Duke University.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A Muslim would never pronounce his or her religion as "moZlem". It's Muslim, pronounced like "Mooss-lim". If she cannot even get THAT right, then ... yeah ...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The point is that extremism exists in ALL religions. Everyone just turns a blind eye to their own forms of religious extremism in the religions they worship. All these statistics and anecdotes trying to paint all or most Muslims as extremists can easily be flipped on Christians rather easily.

What Christian army is waging war across the planet? What Christian terrorist groups are launching attacks nearly everyday, all over the globe? What alternate reality to you come from?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What about this lady?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

The point is that extremism exists in ALL religions. Everyone just turns a blind eye to their own forms of religious extremism in the religions they worship. All these statistics and anecdotes trying to paint all or most Muslims as extremists can easily be flipped on Christians rather easily.

What Christian army is waging war across the planet?

I'm pretty sure that ISIS is mostly just in Syria and Iraq. Sure there are a few attacks in other countries, but for the most part they are contained there. So your point here is moot.

What Christian terrorist groups are launching attacks nearly everyday, all over the globe?

ISIS isn't launching attacks every day all over the globe either. More hyperbole.

What alternate reality to you come from?

I live in a reality where I don't acknowledge hyperbole as a legitimate point.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Meh, how many people think Jesus or God, are American.

Or even Christian.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on 8-12-2015 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

What Christian army is waging war across the planet?

I'm pretty sure that ISIS is mostly just in Syria and Iraq. Sure there are a few attacks in other countries, but for the most part they are contained there. So your point here is moot.

What Christian terrorist groups are launching attacks nearly everyday, all over the globe?

ISIS isn't launching attacks every day all over the globe either. More hyperbole.

What alternate reality to you come from?

I live in a reality where I don't acknowledge hyperbole as a legitimate point.

You sir, are one seriously delusional,Muslim apologist.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

Non-Muslim extremists have carried out 19 such attacks since Sept. 11, according to the latest count, compiled by David Sterman, a New America program associate, and overseen by Peter Bergen, a terrorism expert. By comparison, seven lethal attacks by Islamic militants have taken place in the same period.

If such numbers are new to the public, they are familiar to police officers. A survey to be published this week asked 382 police and sheriff’s departments nationwide to rank the three biggest threats from violent extremism in their jurisdiction. About 74 percent listed antigovernment violence, while 39 percent listed “Al Qaeda-inspired” violence, according to the researchers, Charles Kurzman of the University of North Carolina and David Schanzer of Duke University.

If you can't figure out the problems with that "analysis" then I don't know that I can help you.

First, the article is attempting to compare attacks that have occurred in the US as if that is representative of global Islamic terrorism. The US has largely been insulated due to geography although if you progressives have your way, I'm sure we will be importing more radicals very soon.

Some of the cases noted aren't even "Christian" acts of terrorism. Again, where is this horde of Christians running around beheading people, setting them on fire in cages, blowing up passenger buses, mowing people down in cars, etc? Where is the Christian Theocractic country that forces women to walk around in sleeping bags and throws gays off roof tops?

Are there white supremacists terrorist in the US? Yes. Are there Christian terrorist in the US? Yes. Are their pro black terrorist in the US? Yes. Are their Eco-terrorist in the US? Yes. Are their liberal terrorist in the US? Yes. But even if you add all those up, none of those are even remotely close to the global violence being waged by Islam which is the point.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Here is a report that disputes your claim of them being "contained" (in the words of DearLeader) in "their" territory.
www.nbcnews.com...

Since October 10, ISIS and its sympathizers around the world have killed at least 525 people in six attacks in six countries outside its so-called caliphate. American counterterrorism officials say that of the six attacks, three were directed by ISIS from its territory in Syria and Iraq and another two were so-called "announcement" attacks — local ISIS elements revealing their existence in dramatic fashion.

Here is a list from just this fall:

—Oct. 10: The bombing of peace demonstrations outside the main train station in Ankara, Turkey left 102 dead. Directed by ISIS.

—Oct. 31: The bombing of a Metrojet plane bound for Russia over Egypt killed 224 passengers and crew. An "announcement" attack by the ISIS in the Sinai peninsula.

—Nov. 10: Two suicide bombers detonating themselves in a marketplace in southern Beirut, Lebanon, killing 43 people. Directed by ISIS.

—Nov. 13: Attacks on multiple sites in Paris, including the Bataclan theater, left 130 dead — excluding attackers. Directed by ISIS.

—Nov. 24: The bombing of a bus carrying members of the presidential guard in the Tunisian capital city of Tunis left at least 12 dead. An "announcement" attack by the ISIS affiliate in Tunisia.

—Dec. 2: The assault on a San Bernardino, California, office holiday party killed 14 people. Allegedly inspired by ISIS, but the extent of any contact between the shooters and ISIS or sympathizers is unknown.

And the article goes on to say that several attempts have been foiled.

Pull your head out of the sand. Can you show where Christian extremists have killed over 500 people in 3 months and injured untold others? I do pity people who are blinded by propaganda.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join