a reply to: redoubt
The God of Judaism, the God of Christianity and the God of Islam is... one in the same.
It may seem that way but the beliefs are different.
God of Judaism
- Israel is The Chosen People
- God is jealous and wrathful
- God hates certain people (For example, Esau)
- The Torah, Old Testament is God's Word
God of Christ
- The Peacemakers shall be called The Children of God.
- God is Love and is kind even to the unthankful and evil.
(1 John 4:8/ Luke 6:35)
- God is "Abba, Father", "Our Father Who Art in Heaven".
- We are gods as Children of The Highest.
- The Sayings of Christ is God's Word
God of Muslims
- God has no children so we are not gods born of The Father God in Heaven.
- God is merciful, but God is not Love. In other words God is loving (sometimes), but God is not Love (Pure Love).
- God's chosen are muslims
- The Quran is God's word
The beliefs are very different, and to bring this back to the topic...
Both, The Catholic and Protestant gods are very different than The Father God taught by Christ.
edit on 9-12-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)