It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three mosques shut down in anti-terror raids as officers seize 330 war weapons - France

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
I say we have a voluntary national open door day at all church's and mosques on friday, I know my church will pass.

Pass what?

What are they looking for on open door day?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

2,235 homes and buildings have been raided, 232 people taken into custody, and 334 weapons confiscated.

2,235 homes im sure thye found a fair amount of weapons just here.
it dont say all the weapons are from mosques.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You know that there at a least a few mosques around America doing the same. We won't do anything about it either. There are also several training camps in America for these Muslims and the FBI knows about them, but does nothing. I'd link, but I'm making some coffee.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

There are also several training camps in America for these Muslims and the FBI knows about them, but does nothing. I'd link, but I'm making some coffee.

That's a loony conspiracy theory dating back to 2005. It began with the National White Collar Crime Center and was picked up by CAN and WND.

No evidence has ever been found to indicate it is even slightly true, let alone a hard fact.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Surprised this has not popped up on ATS yet, but it seems it is being kept on the down low in the MSM right now as it happened a few days ago and is not being widely reported.

POLICE investigating the Paris terror attacks have shut down three mosques in a series of raids to close the net on Islamic extremists.

Police in France also arrested the owner of a revolver found during Wednesday's raid, France's Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.

Security officials found jihadist documents at the mosque where yesterday's raids took place.

They have placed nine people under house arrest. Another 22 have been banned from leaving the country Mr Cazeneuve said.

France has been under a state of emergency since 130 people were killed in a series of terror attacks in Paris on November 13. Since then, some 2,235 homes and buildings have been raided, 232 people taken into custody, and 334 weapons confiscated.

Cazeneuve said the number of weapons apprehended so far is staggering.

He said: "In 15 days we have seized one-third of the quantity of war-grade weapons that are normally seized in a year."

Source

So in 15 days and only 3 mosques, they found 1/3 the qty of "war-grade" weapons than normally seized in one year. There are over 2300 mosques in France, and while these 3 represent only a fraction, they held what seems to be a lot of weapons and documents related to jihadist activity.

Anywho....for a religion of peace, why are the mosques themselves housing any weapons I wonder?

Just some food for thought for those that continue to state Islam is peaceful....and wondering still why this has not made headlines....agenda driven maybe?

Either way..glad they caught them.

I would just imagine that back during the hay-day of the KKK here in America, you'd have seen similar results if raids had been conducted on Christian churches in the Deep South.

While we may not have found huge caches of weapons, we would have been faced with the undeniable truth that churches played a significant role as meeting venues for the various factions of the KKK, which by today's standards, could easily be classified as a "Radical Christian Terrorist Organization."

There's a reason they chose to burn the Cross as opposed to a Crescent Moon or Star of David.

Organized religion as a whole, is a just tool utilized to divide & control humanity and the sooner we wake up to that fact, the sooner we can begin to address the real problems threatening our existence as opposed to fighting over the conceptual ones.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
A more likely truth is they found Korans in mosques (jihadist material) and went to the homes of registered gun owners and seized them.

I could see why guns would be kept in a mosque, unlikely to be searched and centrally located to like minded people in the event of whatever they plan for.

Still doesn't explain what this has to do with the 8 murderers though, unless guilt by association.

edit on 10-12-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So......when do they start doing this here as well? Oh, and checking the little compounds they have around the country? Seems overdue!

Nice catch; hadn't seen a word on this.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: network dude

From what I understand, at least from hearsay that I've heard in interviews, is that the peaceful ones don't speak out because then they would become targets themselves.

Makes sense, although I don't know how accurate that is or if it's a general reality shared by most peaceful Muslims.

I have read that it is against their religion to speak out against another muslim. I guess that means even if they're planning to kill hundreds of innocents in the near future, it's a worse sin to tell on them. Sheesh! Religion!!

That's fine, but they should also be convicted of aiding and abetting terrorist activity. They can continue to practice their religion in prison.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join