It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rethink Your View on "Illegal" Immigrants, Please!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Contrarily, I know a couple who are not married and went through the steps to become nationalized US citizen. SHE owns a medium sized grocery store catering to the people who share their ethenticity. They are from Mexico. No problem thus far.

They purchased 3 cargo vans, no windows in the back, and take weekly trips to Mexico, each one driving 1 cargo van. Their store manager drives the 3rd. They go to Mexico this frequently to purchase goods needed to resale at their store.

Except they each carry a letter on letterhead of their business addressed to ICE and border authorities, specifically naming so-and -so, who is in Mexico, to have fictitional employment in their grocery store and they are mearly bringing them back as good employers do. She charges $3,000 per "employee" for this transportation back to the job they've never had, nor will have. Same scenario for her boyfriend and store manager.

Once here in the US, she puts them up for 3 weeks in her rental homes and then evicts them on day 22. By eviction, I mean she drives them to a major city 3 hours away, all in one van, and gives them each $100.00 and off they go, never to be seen by her again.

She then leaves the van and drives her BMW home. When that specific day arrives, her boyfriend then drives her BMW back to the city to get the van and collects the money and names for the next employee transfer from Mexico.

She has made quite a business for herself as a coyote, all under the noses of those who see her as a humanitarian and successful business owner.

She is human trafficking.

That is the reality of what some others do that certainly don't meet your narrative.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Contrarily, I know a couple who are not married and went through the steps to become nationalized US citizen. SHE owns a medium sized grocery store catering to the people who share their ethenticity. They are from Mexico. No problem thus far.

They purchased 3 cargo vans, no windows in the back, and take weekly trips to Mexico, each one driving 1 cargo van. Their store manager drives the 3rd. They go to Mexico this frequently to purchase goods needed to resale at their store.

Except they each carry a letter on letterhead of their business addressed to ICE and border authorities, specifically naming so-and -so, who is in Mexico, to have fictitional employment in their grocery store and they are mearly bringing them back as good employers do. She charges $3,000 per "employee" for this transportation back to the job they've never had, nor will have. Same scenario for her boyfriend and store manager.

Once here in the US, she puts them up for 3 weeks in her rental homes and then evicts them on day 22. By eviction, I mean she drives them to a major city 3 hours away, all in one van, and gives them each $100.00 and off they go, never to be seen by her again.

She then leaves the van and drives her BMW home. When that specific day arrives, her boyfriend then drives her BMW back to the city to get the van and collects the money and names for the next employee transfer from Mexico.

She has made quite a business for herself as a coyote, all under the noses of those who see her as a humanitarian and successful business owner.

She is human trafficking.

That is the reality of what some others do that certainly don't meet your narrative.

You know all this is happening and the only people you tell is us?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There are shortcuts. The Immigration Act of 1990 created the EB-5 program, where foreign nationals can gain citizenship by investing a sum of cash into a business. In the US there are financial guru's that the government has hired to execute the EB-5 plan (i know/deal with one of them....a great source of foreign investment dollars if you are building a capital stack).

In short: if you have a sum of cash in the 5-6 digit range, you can simply buy your citizenship via the EB-5 program.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Did I say I only told you?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No doubt the legal process has problems, but we need to enforce those laws before we can know where the problems are.

Excusing everyone and their brother who simply walked over the border because "immigration sucks" is not the way to go about fixing the problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

... There was a problem when she was married to her ex-husband that she was kept in the dark about that had to do with an order of removal. He abused her and manipulated her while they were married and when they got divorced she found out just how bad thing were ...

... When she fell in love with her current husband she was hesitant to get married again and put her new love in the cross hairs of dealing with her "older problem", but he told her anything she had was his now ...

... system sucks and they make it so hard to deal with that it becomes unbearable to the point where people just throw their hands up in utter disgust and just say "f it" ...

... This process is so ridiculous in so many ways and very few people who have never dealt with it could possibly understand ...

... They require so many hoops and they never tell anyone anything until they complete one step. They charge ridiculous fees every step of the way. One agency doesn't know what the other agency is doing ...

... you have to hire "shark" immigration attorneys that charge ridiculous amounts and seem to just make sure they suck you dry while you put all your faith in a system designed to fail miserably ...

... All they want is to have a better life and to give their kids better opportunities, who can blame them for trying?

Welcome to America.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoOff

Can you imagine the public outcry if 600 people are murdered because we let people into our country?

You don't have to travel to Paris.

Looked what happened in San Bernardino with a them allowing in a jihadist in on a fiance Visa, after doing a half ass check. This not the time to get lazy or sloppy.

Immigrants that have been in the US, and are in the vetting process, should be allowed to stay until the processi s completed, or they are found to be ineligible, but I think it is down right stupid to make it easier for people to enter just because you feel sorry for someone you think you know.

We can continue to be compassionate without being stupid and gullible.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
After watching a good friend marry a non-US citizen, I have to say...

The "legal" process that we have right now is a nightmare to navigate on your own. If you have a lot of money, you can hire lawyers and other people to do all the paperwork and "expedite" the process. If you're on your own...it's painfully slow and complicated.

Honestly, after seeing all the forms and having my friend describe the process ... I'm not surprised at all some choose just to go the illegal route.

And I'm talking about the visa program here, not even the citizenship stuff.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Um, the illegal immigrants have contempt for this country. It's a law--they broke it. They need to come legally. That's the way things work around here. My grandparents were legal immigrants. Illegal immigrants undermine legal immigrants. And if they're not seeking citizenship, then they need to go. Undocumented people are a risk for everyone else. I realize all they want to do is have a better life--that's what everybody everywhere wants. I'm half-Mexican. I love Mexico. But it's screwed up over there. And they need to fix it. Coming here and messing up our system isn't helping the problem. They're sending their money back to Mexico in many cases. That's not legit if they're not even paying taxes. No fair. Do it the legal way or yeah, you're breaking the law. That's the reality of the situation. Don't like it? That's your problem. The majority rules here. That's how it works. I understand you have feelings about this--but those aren't important right now. What's important are the facts. And logic. And the law. That's about it. Your opinions and feelings and perspectives are very nice, but ultimately they matter very little regarding how the government works anywhere in the world. That's why it's great you live in America--you can go out right now and start a grassroots agency and lobby for your cause. Go! Go and do that if it makes you feel happy. Make it happen. Until then, I don't even see why this is an issue. They have a country. They are not displaced and running for their lives. And if they are, there's ways to go about that legally. I know it's very hard. But that's how it works. You can't just go anywhere you want. There's laws against that kind of thing everywhere. That's why we have to get passports, etc--it's a system. Yes, certain laws need to be changed. And hopefully are in the process of being changed. But the point is the law is still going to exist. That's all I want you to acknowledge.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
i grew up on the texas mexico border, near the coast (not far from south padre island). i saw a lot about mexican immigration. it's not an easy issue. people die crossing that border. someone i know encountered some illegals using a very common route, the barrier islands. the illegals had swum across a channel (luckily with an incoming tide. an outgoing tide sweeps people out to sea) after a coyote told them "keep walking, miami's over there" and left them. (coyotes charge money, they don't give people money, and they often raise their rates well beyond amounts they originally agreed to). i don't know how far they had already walked, but south padre's populated area was over 20 miles away and they had at least 40 more miles to go to corups christi (not miami, obviously) and they had no food or water, and there was no water available on the landscape. i don't know what became of them but most likely they were picked up by coast guard who flies choppers over the beaches every day. (if you don't believe me go to the unpopulated beach and put up a tarp and sit under it. you won't have a very long wait before they show up). it's easy to feel bad for people who are dying just trying to find a better life. not far from my home town, someone abandoned a semi because the driver discovered all the illegals he was transporting had died of heat stroke in the back of the semi (i think 20 or so). no one found the driver.

now the other side. many routes cross vast stretches of unpopulated and rural ranches and farmland. i know someone who had so many encounters with desperate, starving, thirsty people that he had to keep a shotgun by the front door at all times for his own safety. during that phase of immigration people are desperate. desperate people are often dangerous. what would you do if you were dying of thirst and stumbled across a lone farm house?

BOTH SIDES have very valid points based on immediate safety, survival, and basic human rights, and we must find a solution that addresses both sides. it's not a simple problem and neither is the solution.

latin americans come here looking for work. when the economy's bad, fewer immigrants come here. no one will hire someone who doesn't know english when someone who does know english will do the job for the same pay. many are migrant farmers because very few americans are willing to pick tobacco and get paid by weight. businesses hire illegals to pay less than minimum wage. that very low wage spends much further in latin america. many come here, work for a while, and bring the money back to mexico where they can do something with it. the key to fixing this is in enforcing the labor laws, punishing those that hire illegal workers. if we can't enforce those laws we will never get anywhere.

our nation can't afford the amount of border patrol it would take to close the border. it's just too big and desolate, and too many people want to cross it. we have to also allow more immigrants to enter legally (not the criminals, though, that's not necessary). (specifically from latin america. i'm not talking about anywhere else, that's outside the scope of this post). then we could reduce the amount of illegal crossers to a more manageable level. also, we need to make it easier to renew visas (citizenship is another matter).

more importantly, why are we importing all our cheap manufactured crap from china? if we aren't going to make it here, we should import from mexico, which would help alleviate the income disparity between the countries that creates all these problems.

final note: everyone talks about the illegal drugs streaming across the border (and they definitely are) and the unspeakable violence of the cartels (also definitely true). butno one ever mentions the illegal guns streaming across the other way that also fuel the drug war (between cartels). (not addressing guns owned by u.s. citizens, again, it's outside the scope of this long rant).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join