It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rethink Your View on "Illegal" Immigrants, Please!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have a friend who has been dealing with something that is very hard for most people to understand. Her and her husband have been fighting the immigration process now for 5 years. There was a problem when she was married to her ex-husband that she was kept in the dark about that had to do with an order of removal. He abused her and manipulated her while they were married and when they got divorced she found out just how bad thing were.

When she fell in love with her current husband she was hesitant to get married again and put her new love in the cross hairs of dealing with her
"older problem", but he told her anything she had was his now. He is such a sweet dear man and all he wanted to do was put this problem to rest so they could move on with their lives and not have any problems hanging over her.

After watching and hearing all that they have endured during this very arduous task of dealing with ICE, DHS, NVC and the USCIS, I have come to a conclusion. I understand now what I did not get before, there is a very good reason why so many people are "illegal". The immigration system sucks and they make it so hard to deal with that it becomes unbearable to the point where people just throw their hands up in utter disgust and just say "f it", let them come find me and deport me.

This process is so ridiculous in so many ways and very few people who have never dealt with it could possibly understand. I used to be one of them, I get it now. They require so many hoops and they never tell anyone anything until they complete one step. They charge ridiculous fees every step of the way. One agency doesn't know what the other agency is doing. If you do not speak or read English very well, guess what, you have to hire "shark" immigration attorneys that charge ridiculous amounts and seem to just make sure they suck you dry while you put all your faith in a system designed to fail miserably.

If you are a citizen of the US and you have contempt for "illegal" immigrants, take a moment to see things from another perspective.

I have and now, I get it. All they want is to have a better life and to give their kids better opportunities, who can blame them for trying?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

I agree the natural immigration process needs to be overhauled and fixed before people can honestly start having a conversation about getting rid of the illegals. I say this as someone who knows several people seeking green cards as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Not all people are evil, and you are right, most refugees just want to live their life.

However, that 1% that can use the humanitarian aid to gain access to a country to further terrorist agendas, is why people don't want to let them in. If the US lets 10,000 in, that 1% could still be 100 terrorists. These terrorist could very well kill 6 people each, which leads to a rather large exponential number fairly quick.

I don't have any prejudice against refugees, but we need to take the security of our country's citizens as first priority.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Actually, my friend followed the instructions online and did her husband's immigration paperwork herself.

Granted he wasn't in a convoluted situation to begin with. But, I wish your friend all the best. Do try reading the online instructions.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoOff

This is not about the refugees. That is an entirely different matter.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If 100 people kill 6 people each, that is 600 people. That isn't an exponential number at all. Do you know how exponents work?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Refugees are still immigrants, and it ties into why people want to ship out the illegals, because they are not legally here, and could still pose a threat to security. That 1% of all illegal immigrants could still be detrimental to our society. If they can't pass the immigration tests in the first place, why would we even let them in?

I was just pointing out that the problem with the refugees, with a higher likelihood of being terrorists, is why the government is cracking down on immigrants of all kind.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If 100 people kill 6 people each, that is 600 people. That isn't an exponential number at all. Do you know how exponents work?

Can you imagine the public outcry if 600 people are murdered because we let people into our country? Did you see how crazy people went over the 12 recent deaths, and the shootings in paris? It may not be very exponential in regards to the rest of the population, but taken into perspective the shootings of 600 people is a pretty big deal.
edit on 8-12-2015 by EchoOff because: replay to someone else

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's something that has to be monitored
My country had an influx of SriLankans, who turned out to be ex Tamil Tigers
Not that I am suggesting either is better, don't want them in your country

Simply the government must be careful

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoOff
Can you imagine the public outcry if 600 people are murdered because we let people into our country? Did you see how crazy people went over the 12 recent deaths, and the shootings in paris? It may not be very exponential in regards to the rest of the population, but taken into perspective the shootings of 600 people is a pretty big deal.

And that's the problem with the public's perception of terrorism. 600 people dying due to it is seen as the end of the world yet 600 people die to gang violence every year in 2 - 3 of our most violent cities. When you put numbers into perspective, things like terrorism stop looking so scary. Yes, it is outraging when these things happen, but that doesn't mean we should lose our minds over it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I agree the immigration process needs overhauled.

The tax code (for example) is ridiculous and convoluted. There have been many times I've wanted to throw my hands up and say f*ck it. However, I will go to prison if I don't file may taxes.

The law is the law.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And that's the problem with the public's perception of terrorism. 600 people dying due to it is seen as the end of the world yet 600 people die to gang violence every year in 2 - 3 of our most violent cities. When you put numbers into perspective, things like terrorism stop looking so scary. Yes, it is outraging when these things happen, but that doesn't mean we should lose our minds over it.

If alowing 1,000,000 migrants in results in 600 American deaths, I say leave them all out of America!

This is our country not theirs, if even 1 American is in danger because of them, then none of them should come period.

Just saying.

Without them no Americans die because of them.

With them if even 1 American dies it is too many.

Let them stay and fix their own lands.

Immigration is not more important than Americans being safe in America.

We already have enough problems without adding to them.

Though honestly, I believe that even the gang bangers would not stand for known terrorists in their "hoods".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Sure it is. If the exponent to 100 is (lg(600))/(log(100)) 600 is exactly what you would get. Sure the interval is rather limited, but that really is beside the point.

Also, you know exactly what he meant. Do not be a douche - you could just have said "I know what you mean, but.." and offered a friendly explanation of what exponential growth is.

Would that not have been a better way to go about it?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
I have a friend who has been dealing with something that is very hard for most people to understand. Her and her husband have been fighting the immigration process now for 5 years. There was a problem when she was married to her ex-husband that she was kept in the dark about that had to do with an order of removal. He abused her and manipulated her while they were married and when they got divorced she found out just how bad thing were.

When she fell in love with her current husband she was hesitant to get married again and put her new love in the cross hairs of dealing with her
"older problem", but he told her anything she had was his now. He is such a sweet dear man and all he wanted to do was put this problem to rest so they could move on with their lives and not have any problems hanging over her.

After watching and hearing all that they have endured during this very arduous task of dealing with ICE, DHS, NVC and the USCIS, I have come to a conclusion. I understand now what I did not get before, there is a very good reason why so many people are "illegal". The immigration system sucks and they make it so hard to deal with that it becomes unbearable to the point where people just throw their hands up in utter disgust and just say "f it", let them come find me and deport me.

This process is so ridiculous in so many ways and very few people who have never dealt with it could possibly understand. I used to be one of them, I get it now. They require so many hoops and they never tell anyone anything until they complete one step. They charge ridiculous fees every step of the way. One agency doesn't know what the other agency is doing. If you do not speak or read English very well, guess what, you have to hire "shark" immigration attorneys that charge ridiculous amounts and seem to just make sure they suck you dry while you put all your faith in a system designed to fail miserably.

If you are a citizen of the US and you have contempt for "illegal" immigrants, take a moment to see things from another perspective.

I have and now, I get it. All they want is to have a better life and to give their kids better opportunities, who can blame them for trying?

We all get the vast majority are 'good' people who only want a better life for themselves.

WE GET IT.

So what? 7+ billion out there, the vast majority are 'good people'. All immigrants want a better life for themselves.

Since when is that a valid argument for allowing immigration of those people? If that was the criteria for immigration we'd be overwhelmed.

Part of the consideration is it good for the U.S.? Job availability, specialized training, the list goes on.

If a specific group or family grabs your heart and compassion, great, SPONSOR THEM, take responsibility for their care.

Seeing you, yourself didn't do that, then why are you suggesting the rest of us should?

Muddled thinking, my man...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
For a person to get permanent residency, it costs a lot of money, most going to the lawyer that handles it. These lawyer costs can throw unnecessary stress on their ability to support their families. My son in law went through this and the seven grand they paid all total was mostly to lawyers. The grand and a half that went to the government wasn't that bad. Now if they made it more streamline, they could have got it done quicker, they were paying as they went which caused a long delay. It kept them in poverty.

Now he is a resident alien and it will take another three or more grand to become a citizen. Maybe in a few years they will have that much saved, but with five kids, it is hard to save money for anything. He makes enough now that they do not need much assistance other than michild insurance for the kids. His job will be supplying insurance and the Michild will be secondary because they are still within the allowable income range for the insurance.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I have contempt both for the process and for those who choose to skirt it illegally.

I'm an equal-opportunity contemptist.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Perhaps we have overdone the immigration thingy simply because, especially in the UK we don't have work, spare housing, school places, beds for their treatments on our NHS, dental capacity for new patients with many on waiting lists any more.

What we do have is a large number of graduates and kids leaving school every single year, who need the jobs available many are in debt to get their qualifications. We also need jobs for those who have lost theirs or want to go back to work.

I am sorry but I am all out of sympathy for those either wanting to stay or wanting to come we are on the crunch line with poverty in this country and a government that doesn't recognise the problems for ordinary Brits here but won't be able to pave over the cracks for very much longer.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The bureaucracy is intentional. Legal immigrants become citizens and want more money benefits, etc.

"Illegal Aliens" work for less.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It seems people have not read what you wrote or have no idea what the difference is between refugees and terrorists. I get it, too. You are clearly talking about the process involved and how much crap they have to go through. I agree, they do not make it easy. Condolences to your friend and her husband, I hope they get it worked out.

I wrote a poem to share...Walk A Mile In These Shoes

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What if they don't? You make it sound like it is a done deal.
That is the problem with what ifs, the opposite is just as true.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't have any prejudice against refugees, but we need to take the security of our country's citizens as first priority.

Barely six months can go by without some American citizen shooting up a school or movie theater. Only been five instances of foreign terrorism in the U.S. since the 1990's. I don't think we take the security of our citizens very seriously in the first place, but the stats are pretty settled on exactly who is committing terrorist acts in the U.S. We just like to call them "mentally disturbed" and "lone wolves" or anything but what they really are.

Hell the dip#s walking around in front of mosques with guns (and cowardly covered faces) are all engaging in a sort of terrorism, albeit a controlled intimidation and fear rather than violent terror, so far....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join