It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Quran Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is what happens when you read passages from the holy bible and tell people its the Quran.

I know my words will be in vane but I really would like to focus on these passages . Its been a while since i last picked up the bible and i fully understand how passages can be taken out of context I deal with that daily on ATS when discussing the Quran and the often misquote scriptures posted . My question is , is that the case in this video? Have these bible verses been taken out of context?

I know it will be hard but if we can please try and keep thread free from bashing each religion . lets have a respectful theological discussion and compare notes .

Kap.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This has been posted at least twice...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
This has been posted at least twice...

I didn't see it.

Maybe the mods can delete it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is the third thread on the same video

Yes it's out of context, it will be out of context because people think they know everything but know very little

Old Testament is a Jewish book
New Testament is Christian

Big difference

Some of Pauls letters were addressed to individuals, or certain cities, not the whole church.
The message is clear but it is also individual

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

This is why I don't do any mainstream religions... they all spew the same dogmatic crap...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

While I'm no longer religious or a believer in an omniscient, omnipresent being in the sky, I think the part of this video that struck me the most was when the lady mentions that she went to a Christian school and grew up on bible stories (at the 3:00 mark). I think that this is a common thing with most Christians, and I would assume with most Muslims (but I can only speak on behalf of Christianity, of which I'm very well acquainted).

Modern churches, bible studies, bible stories, religious music, and the like focus on the positive aspects of the religion and mostly deal with the New Testament, which is a total 180 from the verses and excerpts mentioned in this video. My point being that one can be in a religion and rely on their church leaders to guide them with their teachings and not really look any further into it, and those are the people who get the positive messages out of the religion.

But there are churches and groups and people who focus on the bad parts of the bible and only those, and take Old Testament things to be the foundation of this and that and act in a negative way accordingly. There will always be these types of people in every aspect of life in every part of the world.

I'm not very well versed in the teachings of the Koran, but as with all religions, I would assume that my above comments could work with followers of the Koran as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yes it's out of context, it will be out of context because people think they know everything but know very little

Big difference

Some of Pauls letters were addressed to individuals, or certain cities, not the whole church.

I can understand why you'd want to dump the OT, what with it being filled with horrors that are indefensible in modern secular societies, but unfortunately for you it is the first section of the christian bible whether you like it or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

So that is kinda like Me typing this in both polyester and nylon lycra fabrics while I berate You for eating meat on Fridays...

In for a .10¢ in for a $1.00... No cherrypicking per usual person who claims a religion™ and lives by a Rule Book..

Now if they could hurry up with passing the $$$ basket I can beat the traffic out of here...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Big difference

I can understand why you'd want to dump the OT, what with it being filled with horrors that are indefensible in modern secular societies, but unfortunately for you it is the first section of the christian bible whether you like it or not.

I am not dumping on the OT just trying to explain the difference
The OT explains the outcome of sin, separation from God, destruction

Indefensible, about as indefensible as a judge having to carry out an execution
Imagine how much better and safer this planet would be if anybody who convicted a crime suffered fair justice.

Horrors in modern secular society, they seem to be there and constant
Notice how crime rates skyrocketed since death sentences were fazed out.

The first section of the Christian bible teaches Christians the outcome of the law, justice is swift and brutal, all share in the burden of sin, all will face justice
Jesus showed another way, love and forgiveness

But I am sure you have read the bible, what 10 maybe 50 times and know everything about it, better than christians

The OT is the book of law and justice, the New Testament, love and forgiveness.
The old explained that the law condemns the new, God forgives

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

But it's not the first section of The Words of Jesus Christ and therefore it is not the first section for a follower of Jesus Christ's Teachings. Jesus taught Peace, to turn the other cheek, and to Love, not promoting violence.

top topics

join