It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammunition, IS propaganda found after France mosque closure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am unsure as to any potential bias or particular leanings of the source, but I came across this article and thought it might fit in with the discussions going on here:

PARIS (AFP) -

Kalashnikov ammunition and Islamic State propaganda videos were seized in raids following the closure of a mosque in the Paris suburbs, French authorities said Sunday.

The prayer hall in Lagny-sur-Marne, around 30 kilometres (18 miles) east of the capital, was shut down last Wednesday following a large-scale police operation.

Associated with the traditionalist Salafist branch of Islam, it is the third mosque in France to be closed after the coordinated jihadist attacks on Paris on November 13.

The prefect -- the highest representative of the state -- in the Seine-and-Marne department said Sunday "7.62mm ammunition for a Kalashnikov rifle and propaganda videos" for the Islamic State group had been found in raids linked to the closure of the prayer hall.

Source

If this is legitimate, then it shows that the radicals are further entrenched than many want to admit.

This also shows that their plans are long range indeed:

Police also found recordings of religious chants "glorifying the martyrs of jihad linked to the terrorist organisation Jabhat al-Nusra", the Syrian branch of Al-Qaeda, the prefecture added.

The recordings were found among a wealth of teaching material for youngsters in an undeclared madrassa, or religious school.

When you're using the malleability of young minds and taking that in order to make these children fit the mold of hatred that has been cast, you are a despicable person.

What says ATS?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I say GO AUTHORITIES!!!!!

A total of 22 travel bans and nine house arrests for "radicalised individuals" have been issued as a result of the operation.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This topic begs the question of how IS operations really stretch. If they're going as far as to store ammunition in a mosque , then we really need to step up our espionage to shut them down ASAP. This then gets into the argument of encryption where governments want it abolished and wrongly attack Edward Snowden, which then gets even more convoluted because both sides have extremely strong arguments.

I don't think there really is a way to reliably capture terrorists without infringing on someones rights. If they raided that mosque on the suspicion of terrorist dealings happening there while it was still active, they would have been breaking their own laws and be attacked by various human rights activists.

There really is no best way to proceed that doesn't piss someone off.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
What says ATS?
Of course the standard line these days is 'they were not real Muslims' this obviously also equates that it was not a real mosque either.
Strange isn't it, I wonder how many 'not real' Muslim mosques France will discover, I wonder how many mosques in the UK are also places where 'not real Muslims' congregate.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I also wanted to point out one small thing:

Associated with the traditionalist Salafist branch of Islam

Up until the last week or so, I had not ever seen that word used. My first exposure to it was when a poster here used it in one of the many threads about radical Islam and since then I have seen it crop up in various news sources.

It could merely be a case of relevance and having seen the word used once I am not noticing it where it always has been but never caught my attention until now.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
the more muslims in a western country, the more slums and radicalization.

you may call me an ss panzer division, but just ask france, germany, netherlands, sweden,...

how come we never hear about radical australians, russians, indians, chinese etc?

because islam is a culture that can't coexist with western culture.
and it obviously can't even coexist with itself.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Potus said couples of days ago on national television that they are friends and blah, blah. .....

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

Great point, Islam has been at war with itself from it's inception.
It seems determined to drag the entire world into its own internal conflict.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Since ISIS does not represent Islam and we are told they are not Islamic, that would not be a mosque where they found the ammo and ISIS literature, it was an ISIS clubhouse, I guess.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Well IS propaganda is one thing, but the existence of "Kalashnikov ammunition" is a bit out there, Kalashnikov doesn't make ammo, they make rifles, also in more than one caliber, was 5.56 or .233 or 7.62x39 or what?
edit on 8-12-2015 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
The Catholic church had/has a problem of pedophiles using their churches to facilitate their despicable acts. That doesn't mean the people attending those churches were involved or knowledgeable about what was going on nor that Catholics in general are pedophiles. It simply means a bunch of despicable, sub-human individuals used the church as a cover for their activities as well as a convenient means of getting access to victims. Why can't this be the same kind of thing?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
It simply means a bunch of despicable, sub-human individuals used the church as a cover for their activities as well as a convenient means of getting access to victims. Why can't this be the same kind of thing?
Using that logic then yes of course, those priests were 'not real Catholics'.
Wouldn't see me ever leaving any child of mine in unsupervised custody of a Catholic priest these days though.
...see my logic there or not?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
I say GO AUTHORITIES!!!!!

...never let a good crisis go to waste

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

How did you come to this conclusion when we know for a fact that these radical Muslim's have been funded by the west?
You realize that most likely those few people ( that created these terrorist organization ) wouldn't have had this much support and success if it wasn't for the west?

Islam can coexist with western culture, no reason why it can not.

You guys give too much cr@p to islam, that you keep forgetting the history of Christianity.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

How did you come to this conclusion when we know for a fact that these radical Muslim's have been funded by the west?
The member did not say that, you just invented it.
Is that the best logical argument you can muster, inventing lines that members have not actually posted in the quoted text?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I do not understand what you're saying.

I asked him, how did he come to a conclusion that Islam cannot coexist with western culture? Are you guys aware that the west has been funding those radical muslims? Can you tell for a fact that we would have Al Quaeda and ISIS if not for the west and their support? Or at least, would have they made such an impact?

Any religion does not make sense to me, but if we count just how many people have been killed in the name of Christianity and Islam, I'm sure nothing comes close to Christianity.

So to say Islam can't coexist with western culture is not true; but it has been coexisting for a very, very long time.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I do not understand what you're saying.

I asked him, how did he come to a conclusion that Islam cannot coexist with western culture? Are you guys aware that the west has been funding those radical muslims? Can you tell for a fact that we would have Al Quaeda and ISIS if not for the west and their support? Or at least, would have they made such an impact?

Any religion does not make sense to me, but if we count just how many people have been killed in the name of Christianity and Islam, I'm sure nothing comes close to Christianity.

So to say Islam can't coexist with western culture is not true; but it has been coexisting for a very, very long time.
No, you said this:

Massive difference, you made that up.
Now I'd say take it back as an error and save face, or keep inventing lines and look silly. Doesn't affect me, you don't seem to be inventing lines that I haven't posted so I don't really care, but I will call you out.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I seriously do not know what you're talking about?

I'm pretty much sure that in both of my posts, I've said same things, so I must be dumb because I don't understand what you are trying to point out.

I made what up?
Are radical muslims not funded by the west? Or is it something else that you're telling me?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

What exactly has the 'radical Muslims funded by the West' claim got to do with it? The other member expressed reservations about Islam coexisting with 'the West' in real terms at society level for example, it's hardly a completely off the wall idea don't ya think?
...don't see Sikhs, Hindu's or Zoroastrians struggling to coexist in say the UK for example, only Muslims.
Sorry, just to correct myself, "not real Muslims" struggling to coexist in the West, you know, those 'not real Muslims' in those 'not real Muslim mosques' as in France.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Haha, man, english is hard enough even without all this word-play.

It has a lot to do with it, because people make up their minds about Islam mostly based on the radical groups that are funded and somewhat controlled and used by the west.

I can't tell about other countries because I am not familiar with the situation there and I don't wish to use MSM articles as the basis for my assumptions, so I can only speak about what's happening in my own country. Muslims here do not have any problems to coexist. At least for now, that is.

And to me, it did not sounded like the member questioned whether can Islam coexist with western culture but rather he made that statement. So, I asked him what's the reason for such a belief of his, because I can say all the best about muslims that I've met during my life time.

<<   2 >>

join