It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children Arrested and Thrown in Jail for Wearing Saggy Pants at School, No Kidding

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Spider879

Yeah and there is nothing wrong with what they do after school and how they want to individualize.

However, in school you should minimise the distractions by enforcing school or work appropriate clothing standards to prepare them for their future and the work force , hopefully.

That is also a valuable lesson that many of these kids could learn: You have your personal time attire and then you have your work attire.

I understand uniformity in school but the problem is mission creep, as this would eventually affect off campus wear and not only for kids but adults as well, soon enough we all will end up dressing like the Amish.

klik ^
Let me say again I hate their sense of fashion, but I hate many other things like corn and pineapple on a perfectly good pizza but I wouldn't go making laws against corn covered pizza or throw the pizza guys in jail.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Good pull you dang pants up!!! Nobody wants to see your freaking underpants!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I bet it is all the personal freedom and the gov can't tell me what to do types calling this good.

If you don't like baggy pants stop looking at the people wearing them!
No one is forcing you to stare at peoples butts.

I will say if they broke the dress code they deserved to be punished with school but not arrested.
edit on thTue, 08 Dec 2015 12:04:26 -0600America/Chicago1220152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"You do got to be presentable at school. But, doing 48 hours! Ain't nobody doing that."

That's the real crime here - the shockingly poor use of the English language.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Indecent exposure is a crime! Cover your butt!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Agreed but you always have mission creep in everything , you have to tackle each issue individually as they come.

Dictating uniform in school makes sense, out of school doesn't .

Once they try to tell you how to dress out of school, than that’s when society needs to bring out the CAN OF ASSWHOOPPING.

I agree to me their fashion is silly but so is the Paris fashion show attires and the goth look IMO , but like the freedom of speech they have every right to look as silly as they want.

Heck I know when I was young I did some stupid fashion things like z cavariccis and shoe laces tied around my legs after watching Breakin one to many times, LOL .

edit on 201231America/ChicagoTue, 08 Dec 2015 12:20:20 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If these people want to look like thugs let them rot in jail just like their pathetic heroes.

This "fashion trend" is I G N O R A N T and, to me, indicative of a low emotional IQ.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Inmate #1) I'm here for robbery and murder.

Inmate #2) I'm here for extortion and conspiracy.

Inmate #3) I'm here for having My pants down My back.

Inmate #4) I'm here for the polite conversation.

Now Inmate #3 has been fondled and sexually assaulted and that was just during the booking process, but now He has been shown many other new and enterprising tricks...

In all likelihood this was just a ploy to rape the taxpayers for 2 "booking fees" for the county's PRIVATE jail...

namaste

EDIT: I've added a picture explaining this phenomenon and is now available in My profile for Your perusal. I'm a computer numbskull and can't add the pic to this link. I get a short skinny box w/a green X on the right... sorry it is really a good pic.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added a pic explaining this..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Cool better call the cops on the girls in bikinis at the beach!

If they have underwear on then it isn't indecent exposure, if you don't want to see it, stop looking at the guys butts.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

If these people want to look like thugs let them rot in jail just like their pathetic heroes.

Nobody should go to jail for fashion just like they shouldn't go to jail for using their right for freedom of speech.

A thug should go to jail for being a thug. People do stupid things and have different ideas of what is cool at different parts of their life.

Heck I would rather have the Politicians dressed as businessman go to jail than many of these kids dressed like idiots IMO.

Having said that I think public education should have dress codes to minimise distractions.

edit on 451231America/ChicagoTue, 08 Dec 2015 14:45:12 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Looks like they busted the soggy bottom gang.

*high fives were given all around at the station*

CRIME SOLVED! COMMUNITY = SAVED LIKE A BOSS

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have never seen so much hate and ignorance for something so trivial in my life.
This thread is crazy. How are people celebrating two teenagers having to go to jail for how they are wearing their pants?
Calling them thugs, saying they deserve to be in jail to be with their heroes?? You people are pathetic. If that's really how you feel, then maybe YOU should be locked up for a couple days. What I am reading from some people in this thread is WAY more offensive than a teenagers wardrobe.

When I was in middle school and high school, they had rules against sagging pants because people could see the underwear.
We started wearing gym shorts under the pants so that's what you saw instead.
Those were the days.
Also, we didn't do it because we wanted to be like the people in prison. How ignorant can you be?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This "fad" began in America's prisons. It started because 1) inmates are often not allowed to have belts and 2) prison staff have failed to compel inmates to wear the appropriately sized pants. Where inmates are compelled to do so there is no "sagging and bagging".

In free society, blacks view this form of expression as resistance against white culture. White youth adopted it to emphasize their defiance of societal "norms" and as a form of solidarity with black culture.

Creep Thumper
Sergeant - 25 years in the trenches

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Two Tennessee High school seniors were arrested and thrown in jail for 48 hours because the dared to do the unthinkable, wore their pants too saggy.

What else can we expect from the low IQ inbred South?
We should have let them secede! Good riddance!
Lincoln was genocidal!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Two Tennessee High school seniors were arrested and thrown in jail for 48 hours because the dared to do the unthinkable, wore their pants too saggy.

What else can we expect from the low IQ inbred South?
We should have let them secede! Good riddance!
Lincoln was genocidal!

That's not very nice. I'm not claiming to be smart, but I am in the south and am quite sure my parent's aren't related.
Perhaps you could make a few less ignorant hugely generalized statements that make you look like a douche.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I really don't like the saggy pants trend. But, that's probably because I'm just getting old.

I have no problem with schools having a reasonable dress code. I don't go for school uniforms necessarily, but some appropriate dress should be encouraged.

In this case the school police officer apparently warned these young men that they were not in compliance. They chose to ignore him and suffered the consequences.

However, putting them in jail is a total fail. I can't see how this will possibly help the situation for these teenagers. It will simply acclimate them to being jailed.

I think a more fitting punishment would be to have them do some community service. I would have them clean out a sedimentation pond at the local sewage treatment wearing their baggy pants. Then make sure to get a lot of pictures of them covered in sewage and publish them in the local newspaper.

Sometimes shame is a fitting punishment.

-dex

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can only imagine how some of these responses would differ if the high school kids had been jailed for 2 days for wearing an offensive confederate flag/white power type article of clothing.
Then all these folks currently screaming "Criminal Thug!" would instead be crying that the kids' constitutional rights had been trampled on.
Not only can I imagine it, I'm 100% certain that's how it would be!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100
TIme to have them switch religion then. Your girls could wear one of those balaclava (ski mask type face gear) and no one could tell them no.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Its a bad fashion sensse, but hey lets jail kids, yea kids because there not adults.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Jailing children for wearing baggy pants......uhuh so it must have been a slow crime day.....

You people that agree that jail time is an appropriate punishment you are retarded

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join