It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children Arrested and Thrown in Jail for Wearing Saggy Pants at School, No Kidding

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How is this in Florida a jailable offence

But this

Is totally fine.. Cmon people..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

a reply to: alienjuggalo

Good, i bet they pull their pants up next time.

Tired of seeing kids asses hanging out of their pants.

In florida it is an automatic 24 hours in jail in some places.

Will smith has been arrested for it twice.

That is so retarded.. It started from baggy prison pants but the kids wear them now because everyone else is wearing them.. Not to look like prisoners..

lol, you hit reply on the wrong post

But I think we all get what you meant to say.

sry..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodstream7

Do you honestly think expelling a student is the solution? They *want* these "kids" to continue their 'education' (I use that word lightly as I personally think schools are ruining children's minds). 48 Hours in the county jail SUCKS, but it's definitely not as bad as everyone is making it seem. Suspensions don't do squat either, if anything, most kids would see that as a mini vacation. Have you ever been suspended, expelled, or jailed?

all three lots of times.. never for what I was effing wearing.. I even wore a Born to bitch shirt in court.. The judge told me was inappropriate but he didnt throw me effing jail for it..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
get them conditioned to the absolute authoritarian mindset early

of course it's lunacy.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodstream7

do you honestly think expelling a student is the solution?

They are high school kids the only solution is growing up..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Saggy pants are an attempt to associate and identify with jailed street gang members in prison. Belts are banned because of their potential use in suicide or attacking other prisoners. So the inmates have to walk around with saggy pants. Then the schoolkids want to copy them thinking it is cool.

Yes that's where it stems from originally but most who wear saggy pants, is just a fashion trend not unlike Biker jackets, nose rings etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If you notice in the pic of people in swimwear, they don't have to constantly have their hands on their crotch area to stay clothed. It's just not sanitary... Also I am sure a lot of people don't wipe as well as they should, and I hate to bring this up, but I want as much coverage between me and someone elses... leavings, as possible. Gah, the whole sagging thing makes me cringe... I couldn't care any less about the look, I just can't see past the germs *shivers*

eta: I think the jail time is a bit much. I think at worst a community service sentence would be in order, if the folks in charge want to forgo the usual routes (suspension etc)
edit on 8-12-2015 by boneoracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

How is this in Florida a jailable offence

But this

Is totally fine.. Cmon people..

The people in swimwear are at the beach, the ignorant looking kids are ....well....everywhere. I don't think it should be illegal, just laughed at.

These kids think they are so cool, wait till they turn 40 and their ass falls off. Then they will spend as much effort trying to keep the damn pants up as they do keeping them down now.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pcgamer11

May be a little harsh, but they DID know the rules. No mercy on thugs! If they did turn out to be gang bangers, execution would have been more proper.
I like how they say "children" like they were 9 years old or something.

Pcg

Maybe because they were children?? aka kids, and I hope you are not a LEO I think you would more than likely kill one of those child based off their unfortunate fashion sense, btw every generation have it's fashion that was frowned up on, it could have been long hair like a 60ts hippy, the B Boy and grunge look of the 90ts all were subject to harassment, and no I don't approve of saggy bottom pants.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It is a bunch of crap, but wtf kind of headline is that. Two children? I'm sorry, but seniors in high school are NOT children.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Lawsuit. I wear baggy pants. I have to squat often while I work. I don't like squashing my testicles.

ahh ok...the "bagginess" of the pant is not the problem, it's whether they have a belt on to hold them up...but, I think you already knew that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia and having saggy pants is in no way a crime or jail able offence in any civilised nation.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

It is a bunch of crap, but wtf kind of headline is that. Two children? I'm sorry, but seniors in high school are NOT children.

So You want to see them as adults so you can justify brutalizing them??

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I saw the story at another site and originally was going to use that article so I posted their headline. Then I decided to use their original source.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Good, i bet they pull their pants up next time.

Tired of seeing kids asses hanging out of their pants.

In florida it is an automatic 24 hours in jail in some places.

Will smith has been arrested for it twice.

That is so retarded.. It started from baggy prison pants but the kids wear them now because everyone else is wearing them.. Not to look like prisoners..

lol, you hit reply on the wrong post

But I think we all get what you meant to say.

sry..

No harm no foul friend, it happens, none of us are perfect.

And once again, we all know who's reply you meant to quote, so your point was still made.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

HHmm...

Good point there, honestly!

I am curious if that was the intent.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Did I say it was? I'm just saying that when you are a senior in high school you aren't a child anymore.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Anosognosia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

WTF are you talking about? I am pointing out a BASIC fact.

Seniors in high school aren't children anymore. If you want to continue ruining these new generations by treating adults like children, than go ahead.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

For the life of me I can't see why they haven't passed a law to make all students wear a uniform to school. Problem solved.

Ofcourse the clothing lobbying industry wouldn't be to happy, but parents would along with children who can't afford the 100 dollar t-shirts would.

Throwing them in jail is a bit ridiculous , but I can see why they wouldn't want that in school.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

btw every generation have it's fashion that was frowned up on, it could have been long hair like a 60ts hippy, the B Boy and grunge look of the 90ts all were subject to harassment,

I was the kid in the 80s with the long hair , I grew it out for the same reason these kids wear their pants baggy and all teenage boys wear anything. GIRLS..

I was always assumed to be a trouble maker and a pot head because of my long hair. Just because they were right doesnt make it ok..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join