It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Hate speech, or any racial speech should be banned in any country, not just UK.

Everyone was wondering why Germans did not do something to prevent Hitler's rise to power, that was helped with hate and racial speeches, yet we living recreation of the same politics and views... and some are applauding?!

There is a fine line between freedom to speak and hate speech, but it might be beyond mental capabilities for some to comprehend.

Hate speech is a BS made up PC term, used to demonize those that dont agree with you.

All speech should be free, with only a couple minor exceptions "FIRE!!!" in a crouded theatre....not protected "I HAVE A BOMB!!!!" on a plane not protected.

"I HATE MUSLIMS!!!" absolutely protected

"ALLAH COMMANDS WE KILL ALL INFIDELS!!" absolutely protected

"WHITE CRACKERS NEED TO DIE!!" protected

"BLACKS ARE LESS THAN HUMAN" protected

the only limits on free speech are limited to words that are intended to cause severe physical harm on people.

Emotional harm/ hurt feelings are not reason enough to limit free speech period!

Well not here they're not...

And we are better for it, with no slippery slope ever coming into play.

That's why we don't have someone going full retard running as our Elected Head of the Free World and you do.

Happy voting.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: forkedtongue

This is a thread about internal American politics, to whit, there is no person outside the US that has any say that matters on this subject.

Anyone can criticize or have an opinion on the politics of any country, both in practice and in principle. This is empirically true.

I agree, but it has no practical meaning if one is not a member of the state in question, because though their words may be truthful, they lack any meaning because the person speaking them cannot effect change because they are not part of the body politic that is in discussion.

Which is why your entire catalog of posts in this thread is irrelevant to a UK PETITION TO BAN A RETARD FROM BRITAIN...

How you said this is a thread about "internal US politics" is still hilarious.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: uncommitted
I assume you meant Choudary? so, again, wind it in, I have no angst apart from people who show ignorance.

Well you showed yours in making assumptions

There have been and are many hate preachers/clerics who I lumped

together in my post, and the main one in my mind when it wrote my post was

NOT Choudary (so again wind your neck in)

The main one I had in mind was Abu Hamza-al-Masri who was born in Egypt

and lived with his family on benefits while preaching HATE against the UK

I wonder what your agenda is?

We kicked Abu Hamza out of the UK 2 years ago...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
NDP in Canada ask for a ban of him too xD.

Seeing the reaction here... xD I think many americans don't understand that we are in 2015 xD. Trump is really the most "Naziest" politicial figure right now.

It's very weird seeing him act, for South Park fan, he is basically acting like Eric Cartman.

A master troll and sometime, he can see that he's "Lol" at what he is saying.

The guy made "Period" blood joke, joke about a handicaped journalist, joke about latino being rapist, joke about how rich he is that he want to make a great and beautiful wall ( lol like Germany xD) etc etc.

He is really a master troll and if you check, all his support have a "troll" mentality. Just like extremist Iman!!!

By troll mentality, i'm meaning, saying things, knowing it's not true, just to get reaction.

If he win GOP xD, GOP will die, i believe the majority of USAers are sane people and GOP would get their biggest beating and might even not be able to re-construct.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It only took #8 years #15 court cases and a 25 million bill for

the tax payer.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Move the goal posts all you want.

He's gone.

Cry me a river.
edit on 9-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It only took #8 years #15 court cases and a 25 million bill for

the tax payer.

www.mirror.co.uk...

And due process of international law had to be followed, and it was. The Mirror is leaning on the story from an anti tory angle even though the majority of those years were under the labour government that preceded them - just what is your point? What does it have to do with the title of this thread?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Awww those poor Brits we wouldn't want their iddy biddy feelings getting hurt by some words...
edit on 9-12-2015 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Can we deport Piers Morgan for saying stupid things?

the UK deserves him

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think the MSM monopolies/current ruling cabal/or the left understands that this only hurts them in the end.

???

The old propaganda adage that repeating a lie enough times will make people believe it doesn't work when there is opposition to that lie.

Everything out of Trump's mouth is a lie... That has been shown to be the case on numerous occasions now.

If Donald Trump didn't have a voice or wasn't getting so much airtime it would probably work, but this is only strengthening his numbers.

Yea, you're probably right. Trump and his supporters are using the attacks against him as fuel to increase his support, I'm not going to deny that that is happening. It certainly doesn't legitimize his points though. It just shows how strong the cult of personality around Donald is.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I heard about this for the first time on the radio this morning whilst driving to work, and must say it did give me a giggle, and also left me feeling a little dismayed.

Currently, our dear leaders, and the Royal family, welcome with open arms murderous Saudi Arabian officials / "Royals" who have a head lopping record that would make ISIS blush, not to mention torture and other barbarity when it comes to their kangaroo courts and treatment of others.
They also bow down to mega-rich oligarchs, otherwise known in the real world as gangsters, and despotic mass murderers!

So, given that Trump hasn't, as yet, ordered the lopping off of any heads, had people tortured or invaded anyone, maybe he deserves a chance? Alternatively, it might be the push needed to break away from the USA's influence once and for all - or maybe just until they get another banker owned puppet back in.

edit on 614Wed, 09 Dec 2015 07:44:21 -06004431700000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What an absolutely disgusting reaction this is by some of my fellow Brits. Donald Trump is an absolute idiot - of this there is no doubt (and something i have consistnetly said for years). However, whilst his views may be morally repugnant, he is certainly entitled to them. He may well be calling for measures against all Muslims but he isn't asking for violence towards Muslims. The hate preachers that we have kicked out, on the other hand, have been spouting racial hatred in order to induce violence.

We have a long standing tradition of free speech in this country. You do not defeat repugnant views by shutting them down - you defeat them by tackling the issues head on. In Trumps case, this means showing him why he is wrong.

Seriously though, when did we become such a limp wristed, weak nation that we have to ban anything that we disagree with? It is pathetic, toddler like behaviour.

And whilst i am on rant mode, i would also like to know when it became okay to publicly (via the media) get invloved in the ongoing elections of another nation, particularly a strong ally? Can you imagine the outcry if US Politicians were openly criticising British MP's before an election? We would be up in arms in this country, and rightly so. And we can't just blame Cameron for this one, all sides have been at it. It shows a complete lack of class, character, morals and respect - which i suppose is par for the course with Westminster.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Currently, our dear leaders, and the Royal family, welcome with open arms murderous Saudi Arabian officials / "Royals" who have a head lopping record that would make ISIS blush, not to mention torture and other barbarity when it comes to their kangaroo courts and treatment of others.
They also bow down to mega-rich oligarchs, otherwise known in the real world as gangsters, and despotic mass murderers!

So, given that Trump hasn't, as yet, ordered the lopping off of any heads, had people tortured or invaded anyone, maybe he deserves a chance? Alternatively, it might be the push needed to break away from the USA's influence once and for all - or maybe just until they get another banker owned puppet back in.

Just give crazy people with nationalist/fascist rhetoric a chance, and you would be surprised what kind of bad things can happen. Do you know what happened on Balkan when such people got power?? 20 years later they are still digging mass graves...
edit on 9-12-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Awww those poor Brits we wouldn't want their iddy biddy feelings getting hurt by some words...

Are you 5 years old? What 'hurt feelings' are you talking about?

We simply do not want someone who preaches intolerance and hate coming to the UK. And if we can prevent it, following due process and law, then why shouldn't we?

Surely if you had the same option (does the US, I don't know) you'd do the same for ANY visiting foreign person who verbally stands against the US and its interests? Or stands against equality and rational thought? I'm sure you would.
edit on 9-12-2015 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Why not? Why can't we say, "No thanks" to the likes of Trump?

If we follow an approved and legal process, why not? If you believe in his right to spout the tripe he does, brilliant. Get yourself over to the US and lap it up.

But i don't want a c**t like that in my country. Because that's what he is. While he hasn't advocated violence (yet!) his rhetoric is nearly as bad as the Islamic hate preachers we have here already; essentially an 'us-and-them' mentality.

We don't need that here. We have enough people who live to segregate society into lumps of 'us' and 'them'. We don't need a moron like him here.

To the US: We do apologise for Piers Morgan. Believe me - if we could get away with it....we would.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What Trump said about parts of London being so radicalized that police won't go there has been verified by serving officers, despite Scotland Yard's denials.

"Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so radicalised they are no-go areas for police, say serving officers"

"Donald Trump claims Met police are terrified in radical areas of the capital
Scotland Yard hit back in rare statement: 'Trump could not be more wrong'
But two serving officers said there are some some safety fears in London
One policeman said: 'Trump's not wrong. He pointed out something that is plainly obvious'
Another said: 'Islamification has and is occurring. You have to have extra vigilance in certain parts when you are working'"
www.dailymail.co.uk... ml#ixzz3tpsVjbEO

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

And whilst i am on rant mode, i would also like to know when it became okay to publicly (via the media) get invloved in the ongoing elections of another nation, particularly a strong ally? Can you imagine the outcry if US Politicians were openly criticising British MP's before an election? We would be up in arms in this country, and rightly so. And we can't just blame Cameron for this one, all sides have been at it. It shows a complete lack of class, character, morals and respect - which i suppose is par for the course with Westminster.

What like the White House making comments about the Scottish Independence Referendum or the upcoming EU referendum that kind of thing. The US has has a long tradition of actively interfering in other countries democratic processes. I don't think a call to ban Trump (which is never going to come about anyway) is really comparable.

Anyway this is not a free speech issue, the question is whether country should have the right to bar entry for a foreign individual based on their political views and I absolutely believe they should.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So ww3 is almost here. Pretty much is. If i remember correctly about history we placed Japanese, and germans in camps during the war. Now it's 2015 and political sensativity has gone up. Ww3 will happen and the war on islam will start the war of the worlds, east vs west. So the question to muslims is which side to you want to be on?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The crux here is not " hurt feelings " or " political correctness "

Things that Trump spouts are outrageous, divisive and ultimately dangerous. He is effectively perpetuating the aims of the ISIS death cult by demonizing a whole group based on their religion...and that IS dangerous for all of us.
Whether you live in US or UK makes no difference. terrorism knows no boundaries, and it cannot be defeated by bombs.
Coupled with the fact that both attacks in Paris and SB were committed and executed by European and US citizens, the only effect of Trumps insane proposals is to create more radicalized domestic terrorist cells.
Anyway, the two opposing camps of opinion are never going to meet on common ground here.

Only came into this with an update on the Petition in question. The Government Link to the website crashed earlier this morning after it was overloaded with people trying to sign up at a rate of 4 every second. Currently sitting at over 160,000 signatures in the last 24 hours.
Mines is there.

Seems like a lot of people don't think he is such a good guy

link
edit on 9/12/15 by cosmickat because: link fixed

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I see more war and fighting with the religion of peace, islam than any other religion. At least the zionist do it with tact in their agenda of genocide of the goyim. As brash as i am look at it at face value. The world is set for a third. War

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join