It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

It's not about free speech, it's about whether he should be allowed into the UK or not due to his toxic political positions. It's not about free speech, it's about whether he should be allowed into the UK or not due to his toxic political positions.

This is exactly what freedom of speech is supposed to protect.

Do you support the unrestricted access of anyone into the US regardless of their views?

Of course not. Donald Trump isn't asking people to strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up in the name of his religion, however.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: uncommitted

Such a camp avatar, I'm sure the boys all like it.

What does my avatar have to do with what I said?

Getting to the point though, do you even know what this thread is about - did you even look at the title and the fact this isn't about free speech, it's about a proposed policy from someone who thinks he should be the next American president?

I sure did. And while I find Donald Trump a deplorable human being undeserving of my vote, I find the "ban everything" attitude liberals in this country take to be extremely telling of how little they appreciate the right to free speech.

Who is saying ban everything? If you read the thread and title it's about Trumps proposed policy, and the fact that thousands in the UK would want to see him restricted from visiting based upon it, not his right to speak his mind.

With your avatar? Childish on my part I must admit. I completely support your right to that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I am not against colored people,just muslims and only because they
don't live peacefully in other countries they infiltrate and invade.

Radical Muslims, like radical anybodies do things the masses do not agree with, whether they be of a particular faith or no faith, but you make a point I'll remember and won't bother you again with a response.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Such a camp avatar, I'm sure the boys all like it.

What does my avatar have to do with what I said?

Getting to the point though, do you even know what this thread is about - did you even look at the title and the fact this isn't about free speech, it's about a proposed policy from someone who thinks he should be the next American president?

I sure did. And while I find Donald Trump a deplorable human being undeserving of my vote, I find the "ban everything" attitude liberals in this country take to be extremely telling of how little they appreciate the right to free speech.

It's not about free speech, it's about whether he should be allowed into the UK or not due to his toxic political positions.

Do you support the unrestricted access of anyone into the US regardless of their views?

Star to you, although I see you have gotten the same response as me - ie, not computing.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Who is saying ban everything? If you read the thread and title it's about Trumps proposed policy, and the fact that thousands in the UK would want to see him restricted from visiting based upon it, not his right to speak his mind.

The point is that that he would be banned based on his opinions and political positions. As much as I find him deplorable, he isn't inciting people to violence, or asking that anyone blow themselves up in the name of Christ or anything. What's wrong with him visiting and speaking to an audience if they will have him?

With your avatar? Childish on my part I must admit. I completely support your right to that.

I still have no idea what you are referring to with regard to it.
edit on -06:00Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:27:04 -060020158America/Chicago2015-12-08T15:27:04-06:0031vx12 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's not about free speech, it's about whether he should be allowed into the UK or not due to his toxic political positions. It's not about free speech, it's about whether he should be allowed into the UK or not due to his toxic political positions.

This is exactly what freedom of speech is supposed to protect.

Of course not. Donald Trump isn't asking people to strap bombs to their chest and blow themselves up in the name of his religion, however.

Just so I am clear, you support Trumps position that you should ban entry into the US for an entire culture/religion (not sure exactly how he defines muslim) based on the actions of a tiny minority yet don't think it is ok for UK to ban someone from entering based on his own specific political opinion?
Being banned from entering the UK does not in anyway impact his freedom of speech . He is legal and morally entitled to keep making a total tool of himself in the US as much as he wants.
edit on 8-12-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Just so I am clear, you support Trumps position that you should ban entry into the US for an entire culture/religion (not sure exactly he defines muslim) based on the actions of a tiny minority yet don't think it is ok for UK to ban someone from entering based on his own specific political opinion?

No. You're assuming that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Just so I am clear, you support Trumps position that you should ban entry into the US for an entire culture/religion (not sure exactly he defines muslim) based on the actions of a tiny minority yet don't think it is ok for UK to ban someone from entering based on his own specific political opinion?

No. You're assuming that.

Fair enough, I know from your posts that you disagree with a UK entry ban for Trump so do you disagree with him on his proposed ban on Muslims into the US?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Generally yes.

But don't misconstrue my position to assume that I am accepting of political Islam. I am not.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think the MSM monopolies/current ruling cabal/or the left understands that this only hurts them in the end.

The old propaganda adage that repeating a lie enough times will make people believe it doesn't work when there is opposition to that lie.

If Donald Trump didn't have a voice or wasn't getting so much airtime it would probably work, but this is only strengthening his numbers.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Then I apologise if i misrepresent your position. Trumps comments called for a total ban on people entering in the US based on nothing more than their religion or culture. Which in practise is a ban based on skin colour. I don't see how this can be seen as anything other than outright bigotry.
That does not mean I don't think countries have a right to be selective about who they admit into the country political views are a valid reason. Before anyone accuses me of liberal fascism or restricting free speech I am talking about incitement to violence or supporting extremism. Not all political views are morally equal.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
AWW Euros want a safe space now too!!!

AWWWW

fruits

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe Donald Trump just took a leaf out of Holland and Japans

book?

Dutch parliament member "we must close all mosques"

freedomoutpost.com...

Japan is practically closed to Islam and it is illegal to own a Koran

themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

There are few things I find more offensive than the notion of moral relativism.

I don't believe all philosophies are morally equal or even equally valid.

"I cannot see how to refute the arguments for the subjectivity of ethical values, but I find myself incapable of believing that all that is wrong with wanton cruelty is that I don't like it." - Bertrand Russell

I believe Islam needs a Reformation like the one Christianity had long ago gone through.

It's going to be a rough road. I personally find religion to be nothing more than another method of controlling ignorant people. But until Islam is reformed, people will continue to die. The VAST majority of the Muslim world is religiously conservative and stuck in the 6th century. They mix Islamic law with political power which is always been a recipe for cruelty in other religions, and will continue to be until the notion of separation of Mosque and State is accepted by the Islamic world.

Political Islam, and its vastly conservative adherents give birth to extremism as a matter of culture

I am a very harsh critic of Islam because, like every other Abrahamic faith, it is a constricting philosophy created by stone age mystics to take power away from people and establish a political order for the enslavement of man kind.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Maybe Donald Trump just took a leaf out of Holland and Japans

book?

Dutch parliament member "we must close all mosques"

freedomoutpost.com...

Japan is practically closed to Islam and it is illegal to own a Koran

themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

I think wilders is exactly the kind of politician trump should be compared to however the Japanese Koran ban is an urban myth (by which I mean outright online lie)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Totally agree about moral relativism.
In fairness I probably agree with at least 75% of your post. (I think the social conservatism cones more from cultural and economic situation of countries that are predominantly muslim rather than the religion itself.)
Getting late on trump free side of Atlantic so have a good evening.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There have been numerous UK MSM articles regarding speakers at universities, who are critical of Islam, being either banned from attending or face heckling and/or disruption during their talk. So it works both ways.

If this does come to fruition with Trump, although I very much doubt it, it would show complete hypocrisy from the UK government. Official visits by King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and the recent visit of Islam Karimov, President of Uzbekistan are far worse in my opinion. Morality and principles go straight out of the window when it comes to international trade.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The petition launched by Scottish resident and longtime Trump critic Suzanne Kelly, I see I truly believe the women have the hots for Trump.

Who is ruling the UK now?

I am sure that very soon we may get enough signatures here in the US to get Trump extradite to the moon .

edit on 8-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
If we banned hate speech in the US about 75% of the populace would have to wear muzzles.
What a ridiculous notion punishing people for speaking what they feel.
This is how you treat 3 and 4 year olds, not adult populations.
Sorry Britain but you have gone way too far.

The maybe he shouldn't act like a petulant child.

As for going too far...

No, we just don't want the dregs of your society muddying our clean waters.

We have our own problems, you can keep yours out of our borders, kindly.
edit on 8-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ban Trump but dont ban Muhaydin Mire?

Way to go UK

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join