It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
What Trump said about parts of London being so radicalized that police won't go there has been verified by serving officers, despite Scotland Yard's denials.

"Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so radicalised they are no-go areas for police, say serving officers"

"Donald Trump claims Met police are terrified in radical areas of the capital
Scotland Yard hit back in rare statement: 'Trump could not be more wrong'
But two serving officers said there are some some safety fears in London
One policeman said: 'Trump's not wrong. He pointed out something that is plainly obvious'
Another said: 'Islamification has and is occurring. You have to have extra vigilance in certain parts when you are working'"
www.dailymail.co.uk... ml#ixzz3tpsVjbEO

It's in the Mail and contains this quote

"But a small number of officers have spoken in support of Trump's claims and one unnamed policeman working in west London said: 'Islamification has and is occurring. It is not new.
He told right-wing website Breitbart:"

Well that's got me convinced, unnamed police officer tells right wing site with agenda and is reported in right wing paper with agenda.

The Mail is the paper that supported the Nazis in the 30's. Some things don't change much,

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ats just put the parts together. For those above ignorance, france hoax could of been engineered easily with little effort. If it was real or not thats not the point

Isis, apocalyptic terror group could of done more damage in israel and vatican and created far more rift but decides to go after parus. Plenty pictures of islamic terrorist on google with star of david tattoos as well

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You are correct about the White House making comments where it has no place - does that mean we should also? Guess two wrongs do make a right these days.......

However, banning orders (preventing entry) are solely around those who provoke violence towards others through extremism. As he isn't doing that (despite being an idiot), there is no legal basis to ban him from entry. And i stand by the point that even raising the possibility is embarrassing.

Personally, i can't stand the bloke. I wish he would disappear. But that isn't enough to ban him from entry, and even if it was, i wouldn't want to do it. For me, i would prefer to be as far from a 1984 society as possible, rather than opening my arms to embrace the rush towards such a society.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
But i don't want a c**t like that in my country. Because that's what he is. While he hasn't advocated violence (yet!) his rhetoric is nearly as bad as the Islamic hate preachers we have here already; essentially an 'us-and-them' mentality.

We don't need that here. We have enough people who live to segregate society into lumps of 'us' and 'them'. We don't need a moron like him here.

Hypocritical much

We can allow Islamic hate preachers to carry on preaching hate (as we

don't seem to have the ability to stop them!)

But we are attempting to ban one of our *allies* because we dislike his policy!

LOL!! FREEDOM OF SPEECH ..... just went out the window/door
edit on 9-12-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
What an absolutely disgusting reaction this is by some of my fellow Brits. Donald Trump is an absolute idiot - of this there is no doubt (and something i have consistnetly said for years). However, whilst his views may be morally repugnant, he is certainly entitled to them. He may well be calling for measures against all Muslims but he isn't asking for violence towards Muslims. The hate preachers that we have kicked out, on the other hand, have been spouting racial hatred in order to induce violence.

We have a long standing tradition of free speech in this country. You do not defeat repugnant views by shutting them down - you defeat them by tackling the issues head on. In Trumps case, this means showing him why he is wrong.

Seriously though, when did we become such a limp wristed, weak nation that we have to ban anything that we disagree with? It is pathetic, toddler like behaviour.

And whilst i am on rant mode, i would also like to know when it became okay to publicly (via the media) get invloved in the ongoing elections of another nation, particularly a strong ally? Can you imagine the outcry if US Politicians were openly criticising British MP's before an election? We would be up in arms in this country, and rightly so. And we can't just blame Cameron for this one, all sides have been at it. It shows a complete lack of class, character, morals and respect - which i suppose is par for the course with Westminster.

While I agree with some parts of your post, I can't say I agree with all. If this was just Trump making his regular idiotic statements, I would agree - ignore him. As it is though he is saying that banning anyone who is Muslim will be a policy he would pursue as president.

If (and thank God it's a huge if) he did become president and actually put this into effect then I would support him being unwelcome to visit the UK - big difference - free speech is one thing, active blanket discrimination based on a persons faith is another.

Having said that, the guy is somewhat feeble minded so if Americans really do vote for him as firstly the Republican contestant and then as president, there will be bigger issues than a UK visit for them to worry about - where all the bricks for the Mexican wall will be coming from for one.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
What Trump said about parts of London being so radicalized that police won't go there has been verified by serving officers, despite Scotland Yard's denials.

"Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so radicalised they are no-go areas for police, say serving officers"

There are some parts of the UK where young white people of no obvious faith (or maybe no faith) would make you feel nervous, I'm sure that there are parts of America and most countries that are the same. Unfortunately it's a fact of life. In Trumps little bubble though I'm sure it's not something he ever feels the need to be aware of..... unless he wants to knock the area down and build a golf course.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Everytime a bigot gets called out for being a bigot, we get fellow bigots crying "free speech!" Free speech is a protected right, yes. Free speech does NOT, however, protect you from the repercussions of the things you have said. If your free speech has proven you to be an asshole, do not be surprised when people call you an asshole. That's them exercising their free speech.
edit on 9-12-2015 by AshOnMyTomatoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
ya sure, they let Netanyahoo in, inspite of that useless petition to arrest him, and he likes to kill muslims by the genocidal numbers. What makes you think they can keep big D out just for banning muslims, that too to protect the homeland?
Once he's president, he'll slap the lap dog UK round a bit and give them a pep talk about showing 'proper respect.'
Those petitions are not even worth toilet paper! Besides, what do you expect, UK is full of muslim terrorists, who are just salivating to enter USA now. The prospect of not having that chance has got them crying! They should go to Saudi Arabia, where they will chop you up, that's their proper place to live with their medieval ideology.

All those against Trump are delusional, and have no third eye to see the real problem and how to deal with it. They themselves have no solution, and only want to appease muslims for votes. They want to keep the problem alive, so they can keep bombing and making money for their own pockets.
Big D is the first of his kind, to put these terrorists in their place, and show them that they will not enter! and if the so called 'normal' ones want to live in America, you better behave, or else! Don't go whispering in dark corners of your mosques, conspiring to do harm to Americans, so you'll be shipped back to your deserts, plain and simple.

The American people are fed up and frustrated with the politicians who keep appeasing muslims, bringing them in by the boat loads, and intentionally making the homeland unsafe! They themselves don't have to live next to the terrorists, instead the American people will pay the price, while the politicians sleep in well secured neighborhoods. All they care about is the votes that will follow. Americans are waking up, that's for sure, and the numbers that follow big D, show it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Israel is a bigot country founded on bigot principles. Why are they not put to the same standards.

Im pro jew

Just anti zionism

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

You don't think calling for about a quarter of the worlds population to be blanket banned from entering the US counts as extremism?

As a US citizen he has protected free speech in his own country. If he was a UK citizen would defend his right to free speech here. This however does not mean we have to grant entry to him to the UK.

As I said above however there is no chance he will actually be banned form entry.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If we had the same standards back in 1940s, all of you would discuss how its constitutional to let the nazis in

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
Hypocritical much

We can allow Islamic hate preachers to carry on preaching hate (as we don't seem to have the ability to stop them!)

No. When did I say I was in favour of Islamic hate preachers? I don't want them either -- and to get rid of them we have to follow the law. Which we're doing in Trump's case, as we did in the Choudhary case - albeit a long process.

I don't want either Trump or Islamic hate preachers here. But I don't have the power to get rid of them. How is that hypocritical? Explain.

But we are attempting to ban one of our *allies* because we dislike his policy!

That's your opinion. Given his opinions and what he has said in public, I'd hardly call Trump an ally.

LOL!! FREEDOM OF SPEECH ..... just went out the window/door

Absolutely correct. Freedom of Speech and 'Human Rights' are used far too often as a means to justify the ability to spout hate. Your "freedom of speech" should not extend to allow you to advocate the beheading of people who oppose Islam, nor should it allow you to suggest laws that impose on the freedom of otherwise innocent people. Shame there's no middle finger emoji. I'd use it to your Freedom of Speech to defend bigots.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: uncommitted

Who is saying ban everything? If you read the thread and title it's about Trumps proposed policy, and the fact that thousands in the UK would want to see him restricted from visiting based upon it, not his right to speak his mind.

The point is that that he would be banned based on his opinions and political positions. As much as I find him deplorable, he isn't inciting people to violence, or asking that anyone blow themselves up in the name of Christ or anything. What's wrong with him visiting and speaking to an audience if they will have him?

With your avatar? Childish on my part I must admit. I completely support your right to that.

I still have no idea what you are referring to with regard to it.

edit on 9-12-2015 by uncommitted because: No, best not post what I wrote, wouldn't want to offend (hee hee)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

An interesting read if you care to take the few minutes it will take.....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Petition made google news - over 250K signatures...

Now we just have to wait for Trumps tweet-slash...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah i agree! don't let Trump in, but continue to let in hundreds of thousand randoms, where amongst them could be hundreds and hundreds of terrorists.

Sounds logical to me!

Sarcasm over :-|

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol this is hilarious! Trump could get banned from the UK for his messages of hate. Good job UK I hope this is successful. It just goes to show that the rest of the world is watching and they don't approve either.

Sure is hilarious.

The UK decrying Trump of doing something, Then actually DO IT it themselves.

Am I the only one that sees the HYPOCRISY.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
One of the funniest pieces I saw on this subject came from the ADL criticizing Trump.

Mmmmmm..... the ADL, that pusher of everything Israeli.... who are taking how many Muslim refugees?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Flavian

You don't think calling for about a quarter of the worlds population to be blanket banned from entering the US counts as extremism?

As a US citizen he has protected free speech in his own country. If he was a UK citizen would defend his right to free speech here. This however does not mean we have to grant entry to him to the UK.

As I said above however there is no chance he will actually be banned form entry.

Honestly, no i don't see it as extremist because as i understand his comments, he is talking about a temporary ban rather than a permament blanket ban - although i am happy to be correted if i am wrong there. Obviously though, i don't actually agree with him. I just see the petition as petty and small minded.

And i agree with you again (shock, i know!) that he won't actually be banned, regardless of how many sign the petition. At the end of the day, millions of us signed a petition declaring Blair a war criminal - and he is still happily walking around.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog it's up to 400,000 now. I couldn't care less. We tend to have a good sense of humour here that will probably cut trump down to size

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join