It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Spell-check for hate' needed, says Google's Schmidt....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well look at this.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Technology companies should work on tools to disrupt terrorism - such as creating a hate speech "spell-checker" - Google's chairman Eric Schmidt has said.
Writing in the New York Times, Mr Schmidt said using technology to automatically filter-out extremist material would "de-escalate tensions on social media" and "remove videos before they spread".

So who decides what is hate speech? criticism many times is viewed by the criticized as hate speech but the thing is you don't have to be offended you make a choice to be offended and to be honest I want to know peoples real views not all watered down because ruddy google has made it into a my little pony poem instead of what I intended.

So some twatty terrorists use the net and everyone will have to pay...
I wish humanity would grow up.

Oh and Schmidt bugger off you idiotic smallminded drone.
edit on 8-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You are right.

That scares the fck out of me. I read the article and that is a bad, bad way to go.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Well, since google algorithms scan my posting history to advertise what they think I need to know, they may as well take it a step further and test the boundaries of whether I'm a terrorist or whether I just think all politicians are scum and that the US government alphabet agencies can go kiss my ass NSA.

One mans hate speech is another mans righteous vitriol.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Well, since google algorithims scan my posting history to advertise what they think I need to know, they may as well take it a step further and test the boundaries of whether I'm a terrorists or whether I just think all politicians are scum and that the US government alphabet agencies can go kiss my ass NSA.

One mans hate speech is another mans righteous vitriol.

When they back date the internet with their program that will read.

Well, since google made the algorithms to help our alphabet agencies detect and detain terror suspects and nasty people society has grown to love our politicians and no one ever said anything nasty about any of them on the net.
Oh and that NSA *Shucks* I wish I could kiss em.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I never thought I would live to see a day when free speech would come under such attack. I would like to say some things to him that his 'technology' wouldn't like.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I have an answer feck google and hello firefox.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think spell check first needs to be able to read context to understand whether or not I meant to use "from" or "form" and other such things. Of course, when it can do that, I am out of a job.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2015 by Skid Mark because: Never mind. I misunderstood.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, look at it this way. It's Google. We all knew they were creepy ages ago. The only reason I even use any of their services is because everything else sucks worse (functionally) than their creepy stalkerish vibe.

Honestly, if they didn't own Youtube (or if there was something better that was free) I'd probably just stop using Google altogether. I don't use their stupid web browser. Not because it sucks (I don't even know because I have never used it). I don't use it because it's Google.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Absolutely with you on this one.

In fact it bugs me because this is one area where reverse psychology works effectively. Don't censor or impose, leave it free and you will only have one or two social medias to police for terrorists. Censor and they go underground and you have to waste time, effort and money to track em.

I also hate pious poppies like Schmidt - who the hell elected him to dictate to each and every one of us? Bog off and all the rest of the poppies who whitter about so-called hate. I believe people have a right to hate as much as they like. I have numerous hates. Its perfectly reasonable to hate but to also mind the laws of the country you live in which provide a safety net. Further if we didn't all think differently we would be clones and still in the cave. You rob people of their ingenuity and humanities breakthroughs if you stifle their thinking.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

theres always a justification; terrorism, or saving the babies.
We then seemlessly move into waters where any search term critical of the government, politicians or corporations disappears into a black hole
Newspeak, Orwell 1984

new topics

top topics

join