It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two time Red Bull Air Race champion killed in L-39 crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Mike Mangold, who won the Red Bull Air Race championship in 2005 and 2007 was confirmed as one of two people killed in the crash of an L-39 in San Bernardino, California. Witnesses said the aircraft caught fire on takeoff, before rolling over and exploding.

It's amazing. He flew insanely fast, feet off the ground, pulling 8-9+ Gs for years, only to die in a low speed crash on takeoff.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The irony huh, he was a champion. i love watching the RED Bull air races.

Actually had a chance to go in a Robin 2160 years ago with a stunt pilot,pulling 5.5g's only great day out.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Truly sorry to hear that,,,, RIP Mike

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: Zaphod58

The irony huh, he was a champion. i love watching the RED Bull air races.

Actually had a chance to go in a Robin 2160 years ago with a stunt pilot,pulling 5.5g's only great day out.

A "Now about me..." post. In such bad taste.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

really worthy post your one, i was simply replying to part of the OP and outlining a commonality i had with Mangold, exciting times being in a stunt plane. Im sure if he were reading this he'd want it celebrated instead of the usual drudging R.I.P comments which are rhetorical and do not really need to be posted, especially to a website on a web page posted by Zaph whom im sure does not know him personally.
And to think.... your comment was off topic.

new topics

top topics

join