It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the Syrians In or Not Let Them In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is a tough one. If ISIS wasn't bragging about infiltrating innocent Syrians trying to come here then I don't see an issue with it. I know there are alternatives but this is the question. Personally I think we have enough timebomb Islamic radicals here now that we need to deal with. Either way it wont stop, they will never stop these coward acts. The domocrats dare anyone to even speculate that we so much as document families who come here. Some of the republicans want to halt the immigration process until a better idea comes along. I have no idea why muslims wanted to come here to "the great satan" anyway, we are for everything they are against.
I would also just like to remind everyone that if you are caught in another country illegally , they will not send you back home for free like we do with Mexicans, they will take you to jail and make you pay a fortune to get out and the nanother fortune to get your doumentation. The United States is like a public restroom on the interstate where people just come through. take a dump and leave. Do we need to take more pride in our country ? Make ourselves and future families the priority for once and not everyone else ? What is it going to take to make the "don't worry about it" crowd to take it seriously. Luckily since 911 we have only had to deal with a few chicken# Islamic muslim terrorist acts and not a major big deal that kills hundreds or thousands . Im pretty sure that any of them would have killed as many as they could have. So take em or leave em. And don't give me #, ive had wine and medicine. I am not equating the Syrians with terrorists, I am merely pointing out that some terrorists are mixed in, Im sure most are great people looking for a safe haven, I feel really bad for them, radical islamists screwed them up in more ways than one..
edit on 7-12-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Letting the Syrians in:

PROS-

It's the compassionate thing to do in the name of brotherly love.

The US is at least partially to blame for their war.

CONS-

Where will the money come from?

We cannot effectively vet these refugees from a country where most of the records have been destroyed.

Anti-western terrorist attacks and mass shootings are at a frightening point, the fact is at least some of these refugees plan on continuing the trend.

The toll in European countries that have taken in the sizable waves of these refugees is grievous, from sky rocketing rape statistics, to neighborhood refugee enclaves where native citizens can no longer travel without fear of bodily harm.

The US already has a considerable immigrant problem.

Civil unrest in the US is an issue of great importance, adding yet another disenfranchised group will only add further stress to already strained relations.

The addition of thousands of indigents to an already struggling medical and hospital care system will provide a near mortal blow to healthcare resources. Not to mention it will be free to the refugees at the expense of the taxpayer.

The children of the refugees born here become citizens and anchor babies for refugees so that they don't have to follow through with the requirements to stay otherwise.

The refugees are 70% able bodied males who have chosen to flee their home, leaving their wives and children behind to fend for themselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

pretty much how I see it as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
This is a tough one. If ISIS wasn't bragging about infiltrating innocent Syrians trying to come here then I don't see an issue with it. I know there are alternatives but this is the question. Personally I think we have enough timebomb Islamic radicals here now that we need to deal with. Either way it wont stop, they will never stop these coward acts. The domocrats dare anyone to even speculate that we so much as document families who come here. Some of the republicans want to halt the immigration process until a better idea comes along. I have no idea why muslims wanted to come here to "the great satan" anyway, we are for everything they are against.
I would also just like to remind everyone that if you are caught in another country illegally , they will not send you back home for free like we do with Mexicans, they will take you to jail and make you pay a fortune to get out and the nanother fortune to get your doumentation. The United States is like a public restroom on the interstate where people just come through. take a dump and leave. Do we need to take more pride in our country ? Make ourselves and future families the priority for once and not everyone else ? What is it going to take to make the "don't worry about it" crowd to take it seriously. Luckily since 911 we have only had to deal with a few chicken# Islamic muslim terrorist acts and not a major big deal that kills hundreds or thousands . Im pretty sure that any of them would have killed as many as they could have. So take em or leave em. And don't give me #, ive had wine and medicine. I am not equating the Syrians with terrorists, I am merely pointing out that some terrorists are mixed in, Im sure most are great people looking for a safe haven, I feel really bad for them, radical islamists screwed them up in more ways than one..

I don't see this as a serious issue at all. If they need to get out of Syria for a while, no worries but its only temporary until the situation in Syria is resolved and has settled down again., then they can go back. Wheres the problem?

Funny how the entire 'refugee' thing automatically means one way travel and citizenship in the west. Funnily enough, any discussion about refugees in any western (white) country always seems to mean this one same concept. I wonder why?
edit on 8-12-2015 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It would be cheaper and more prudent to set up a refugee camp in a secured safe zone in Syria. That way they can go back to their homes after the turmoil is over. Bringing them here and hoping they assimilate is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

The refugees are 70% able bodied males who have chosen to flee their home, leaving their wives and children behind to fend for themselves.

&

The US already has a considerable immigrant problem......

Are two of the strongest reasons to NOT allow them into the U.S.!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would feel differently about this if it WAS only temporary. But as another poster mentioned, many see this as a 1 way trip and will have zero intention on returning home. They should be granted a temporary asylum visa. So once the war is over, they are able to return back to their country. At which time their government will have to provide safe sanctuary for their return and provide housing, while new homes are being built.
Yes many will be returning to nothing, homes destroyed.
But it should be the new governments priority to resolve this issue for its citizens.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Anchor Babies.

top topics

join