It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Comparing Trump to "Hitler"...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I don't think that is an excuse to do nothing though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not ignoring.

I'm as aware as any, more than most. However, to act in haste, or fear--combinations of both, is to admit defeat.

I have more faith in the down deep strength of this nation than many do, apparently.

Our nations greatest strength isn't its military with tanks, bombs, and soldiers. It's our neighbors. That neighbor who though he/she doesn't share your views will, when the chips are down, give you the shirt off their backs. Asking nothing, expecting nothing, in return.

It's the quiet acceptance of your other neighbor. Live and let live.

Yes, bad people can hurt us. Kill us. Sometimes in wholesale lots. It hurts us. It angers us. Because those are our neighbors. It should hurt.

But it also shouldn't force us to change who we are, way down deep where it really counts.

To punish the many for the actions of a few isn't what we are, supposedly we outgrew that. Supposedly we represent something better, something for the rest of the world to emulate.

Supposedly.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Trump supporters don't want to see the glaring similarities to Hitler's rise to power, because that turns them into the same goose-stepping morons that let Hitler roll over central Europe.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Well, you know how it is. They have to get a jump on it. It took a while for someone to get around to it with W and they almost didn't get his approval numbers low enough to suit them.

Given how Teflon Donald seems to be, they better start before they even know if he's going to be nominated.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Many of those "goose-stepping morons" as you call them were merely scared, scarred folks who wanted things to get better now, rather than down the road.

The Great Depression had shattered Germany. As had the punishment levied upon them by Britain and, especially, France. Economically. Socially. Germany was in a bad place. Hitler promised brighter days. Furnished them with scapegoats. ...and they bought into it. They paid the price.

No crime to be scared. ...and someone used it against them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I can tell you this much, Hitler he is not and never will be. I guess the only way to stop his influences and hogging of the media be negative or not is with name calling.

Interestingly he is just getting even more attention.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I can tell you this much, Hitler he is not and never will be. I guess the only way to stop his influences and hogging of the media be negative or not is with name calling.

I will bet his numbers go up.

Our cowardly elected officials how no guts. They won't protect us.

They attack our Police. They shame our Military.

They see their power and privilege in danger.

If they are in office now...They are the problem.

Trump would remove every single one of them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think you, and many others, completely understand.

This isn't about politics in and of itself. It's about language, rhetoric and propaganda. If this was a democrat saying what Trump has, I'd be saying the same thing and so would many of you.

But since it's a republican, your blinders come up and you fail to realize the dangerous language and propaganda that is being thrown at you.

Don't you find it ironic that Trump and his language are appealing to the very people that are calling for Muslims to be investigated, rounded-up and deported?

What other group in history rounded people up to remove them from society and whom was their leader?

Think about that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I will bet his numbers go up.

Our cowardly elected officials have no guts. They won't protect us.

They attack our Police. They shame our Military.

They see their power and privilege in danger.

So would I..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Trump doesn't have that kind of power.

You do know how our government works, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This isn't about politics in and of itself. It's about language, rhetoric and propaganda. If this was a democrat saying what Trump has, I'd be saying the same thing and so would many of you.

But since it's a republican, your blinders come up and you fail to realize the dangerous language and propaganda that is being thrown at you.

Don't you find it ironic that Trump and his language are appealing to the very people that are calling for Muslims to be investigated, rounded-up and deported?

What other group in history rounded people up to remove them from society and whom was their leader?

Think about that.

Again, who has Trump murdered ?

When he gets to 6 million let me know.

I find your language to be dangerous. You are way off the mark.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Trump doesn't have that kind of power.

You do know how our government works, right?

I know how the Founders intended it to work.

You seem to be the one in the need of a history lesson.

edit on 8-12-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I tell you what, he is talking about issues that no poster politician will touch do to their ties to special interest money be at home or from foreign influences.

He is bringing the reality of life to the fore front, many people have been questioning the present state and present affairs of our nation, that for the last 30 years has been influencing negatively the America citizens and workers.

Is a lot of issues that when it comes to politics they are considered campaign killers, he doesn't give two rat arses about who his is rubbing in the wrong side.

Trump is what politicians should never be and never act or never behave if they want to win elections, people just can not get enough of Trump be good or bad.

Reality people are tired of the pretty smiles, well groomed figures and pretty talk poster politicians.

edit on 8-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

And just how exactly would he remove them, pray tell? His magic wand perhaps? No wonder you adore Trump. You sound just like him. It seems you have both lost touch with the reality of what is and is not possible.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

And just how exactly would he remove them, pray tell? His magic wand perhaps? No wonder you adore Trump. You sound just like him. It seems you have both lost touch with the reality of what is and is not possible.

Elections

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So Trump would control elections then? Seriously? You need to get a grip buddy.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwalker
You still care what liberals say?

Most of them cant even afford their own birth control.

You shall pay them no mind.

Come on...don't make such a huge mistake when you're trying to make a point. "Liberals" earn more money, on average, than "Conservatives" - also, birth control is really, really, really, really inexpensive.

As for the "Hitler" comparisons - any thinking person knows he's no Hitler (yet), but he sure seems to be leaning toward some of Hitler's early fear-based paranoias and ideas for eliminating the threat. No, he hasn't said to "kill all Muslims", but if anyone in politics sounds like he's sliding down that slope, it's the guy who wants to stop American citizens from re-entering the country based on their religion. People don't have the stomach for going down that path anymore, even if it doesn't untimately go "all the way", hence the over-reactive comparisons you're hearing.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You are absolutely right!

If Trump weren't running, we'd have the same bland discussions and same bland politicians talking around the subjects, never dealing with them head on.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Think about that.

Again, who has Trump murdered ?

When he gets to 6 million let me know.

I find your language to be dangerous. You are way off the mark.

See. You completely missed the point.

I know how the Founders intended it to work.

You seem to be the one in the need of a history lesson.

The founders intended to give the president the power to unseat the elected representatives of the people?

Just stop while you're ahead. You have no idea what you are talking about and when called-out on your ignorance, you compound it with even more.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I see plenty, and now ironically you can too because it wears an (R), but let that same rhetoric flow from our current halls of power as it has now for two terms, and who has blinders?

PS - I'm no Trump supporter, but that doesn't make the spectacle any less entertaining. The season is still early.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join