It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Comparing Trump to "Hitler"...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I see longtime members as well as newbies calling Trump "Hitler".

Do I need to point out Trump has murdered nobody.

Millions of people died when Hitler set up death camps.

Trump just wants to make sure we know who is coming into our Country.

The comparison is lazy. It is not accurate and If I cared I would be offended.

Defeat Trump with ideas. There is plenty of ammo there.

But, with all of Trumps flaws. He's not Hitler so knock it off.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Obama fits a Hitler description much, much better, and has even murdered hundreds of women and children, and they still support that bag of cow crap.
Suffice it to say, anyone calling Trump "Hitler" is more akin to a cold bowl of oatmeal, rather than a thinking human being.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Anyone who attempts to subvert the status quo, for good or ill, will be compared with Hitler...irrespective of the accuracy of the comparison. That's a given.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As far as I am aware, Trump has no skills as a painter. I would be surprised if he could color between the lines with crayons.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Callling someone a 'Hitler' is a simple tactic to stop discussion when you are unable to make a point based on intelligent debate. Comparing either Trump or Obama to Hitler is nonsense and is generally done by people with limited knowledge of both Hitler and the person they wish to villify.

Trump is much easier to compare to 'that crazy uncle you try to avoid during weddings'. Because you understand what he is trying to say, you might even agree, but all you can think is: please stop giving the other team ammo.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hitler fought hard in the trenches of ww1. He aspired to be an artist and was met with rejection every step of the way. Politics was his last desperate act of self preservation. Unfortunately, he was good at that game.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Master Race- Kill Jews Christian Jehovah Witnesses Gypsies Gays Disabled and anyone who`s a resistance.
www.holocaustforgotten.com...
Islam- Kill Jews Christians Gays Non believers Hindus Buddhists Adulterers and death sentence for those who leave the belief, oh and anyone who`s a resistance.
www.liberator.net...

Trump= Keep that out of our country!= Hitler.

edit on 8-12-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
Master Race- Kill Jews Christian Jehovah Witnesses Gypsies Gays Disabled and anyone who`s a resistance.
www.holocaustforgotten.com...
Islam- Kill Jews Christians Gays Non believers Adulterers and death sentence for those who leave the belief.
www.liberator.net...
Trump= Keep that out of our country!= Hitler.

Funny that isn't it, but in a sad way, not a funny haha way

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Let them compare, it only strenghthens his numbers.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ever heard of Goodwin's Law? It basically says that the longer an argument goes on, the higher the chance of someone mentioning Hitler or the Nazis.

I'm certainly not a Hitler/Nazi supporter, but I've never liked the concept of reducing Hitler to a silly caricature. I think it detracts from the gravitas of what happened in Germany under Hitler's reign and is borderline offensive (to the victims).

Comparing somebody to Hitler in order to denigrate them is lazy and is a prime example of ad hominem attacks - attacking the person rather than their arguments. All it does is mark the person playing the Nazi card as being an idiot.

If I come across someone who resorts to calling their opponent a Nazi, or tries to use that silly "tactic" with me, I just write them off as stupid. If I may paraphrase a popular quote - arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter good you are, the bird will strut across the board and sh*t all over it like it won anyway.

But it is unfortunate that the Nazi card is played so often, in lieu of rational discourse.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
..and start comparing him to the last successful wartime president, FDR.

“Now, of course, the refugee has got to be checked because, unfortunately, among the refugees there are some spies, as has been found in other countries. And not all of them are voluntary spies—it is rather a horrible story but in some of the other countries that refugees out of Germany have gone to, especially Jewish refugees, they found a number of definitely proven spies.”

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You still care what liberals say?

Most of them cant even afford their own birth control.

You shall pay them no mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

It really won't strenghten his numbers. If the comparison sticks in the minds of the people than all they need to do is show a couple of holocaust movies a week before the elections. They will shift their vote and won't even realise why they are doing it.

Trump really is feared by the current political elite. In europe he is the only presidential candidate that is reported on by state sponsored media...and always in an negative way. They don't dare to compare him to Hitler (that is reserved for specific european politicians), but they focus on his extreme statements. I'm guessing that they think he will try to shift the current global political balance back in favour of the USA. That won't be good for their business.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hitler didn't murder anyone until he had a stronghold on Germany. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Adolf Hitler was a human being...same as you and your granny. Square that up for a minute.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I was a Trump supporter till recently. Why? He's a loose canon on deck.

I'm fully with him on a lot of things, and I'm probably MORE anti Illegal immigration than he is.

But he's freaking trolling HARD at this point. Wtf is his deal?

I'm a huge fan of history and Middle East policy. My two favorite subjects. And I'm adamantly against Sharia philosophy.

But Trump is sounding everything bit like historical Fascists and Authoritarian "Right" leaders. It's getting weird. It's kind of scary actually.

He's full of grit, I appreciate that and think we need it, but he's talking too much garbage when he should shut his ever opinionated mouth.

Why does he have to antagonize everyone and their Mother, to make a point? Is he gagging the planet?

Seriously
edit on 8-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If Trump does not want to be compared to Hitler he should stop talking like him. Of course since he used to read My New Order a book of Hitlers speeches all the time I suppose it is only natural he would begin to sound like him. And can anybody here really claim that with all his building walls, ID cards, house to house raiding forces and banning people based on religion that Hitler does not come immediately to mind. Has he done anything yet? No. Does anybody really want to find out if he is just saying random stuff to cater to the lowest common denominator or is he is serious? Not if your smart you do not.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Hitler fought hard in the trenches of ww1. He aspired to be an artist and was met with rejection every step of the way. Politics was his last desperate act of self preservation. Unfortunately, he was good at that game.

I respectfully disagree with you. Hitler was terrible at politics (as evidenced by his multiple failings, e.g. stopping the bombing of the RAF, not supplying extra provisions to Russia/invading Russia in the first place, etc.). What Hitler was good at was oration. Why he was never ousted by the people right under him, many of whom were good at politics, is beyond me. Then again, due to Hitler's mass public appeal, doing so could have been political suicide for the Nazi party.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Of course since he used to read My New Order a book of Hitlers speeches all the time I suppose it is only natural he would begin to sound like him.

Maybe Trump wanted to learn how to convince people to do things that run contrary to logic and decency - like doing business with Trump.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I never have.
The Emperor from star wars though seeing he will be the first (and only when he uses baby blood to live for ever lol) emperor of the USA.
The guy is a side show and should have been laughed out of the race but some love a sideshow despite the consequences of voting him in.
edit on 8-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join