It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double murderer given opportunity to apologize in court; What he says is amazing.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I've been hearing/reading about this "white privilege" thing for a good portion of my fifty plus years on this planet...

I've yet to see where I've ever benefited from it...and I'm about as white as it gets.

I'm what is laughingly called the working poor. Where are these benefits I'm supposedly getting again...it'd be nice to get some of 'em.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Look up the term "lynching in american history"'
And see the atrocities that white people brought upon people with African decent.
For little as just a suspicion of a petty crime white people would just go on a murderous rampage to be judge, jury and executioner of those poor souls.

What is the difference in this case compared to back then? take a long think session about that.

Now, do I agree with murder, or lynching. No, I do not. But history has a huge play here, old hatred. A brewing volcano that was fueled from deep within the social injustice. Just because of the color of a persons skin.

Isn't it interesting how you broadly generalize history and "white people". You're aware atrocities are committed by all humans? That includes the time you're talking about, but you wont broadly generalize any other group in the same way. You are probably one of the first to speak up in defense of Muslims as "mostly peaceful" too.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

There is also racist white kids

Yeah, no kidding. We are all beat over the head with it day in and day out for our entire lives. Racist black people, not so much.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah great black Lives Matter ? Not that one. He might be a hero in prison but after a while he'll be somebodys bitch.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Maybe people should stop playing the victim role, seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy, it's a tough game for anyone now days. Unless your born with a silver spoon in your mouth it takes hard work and persistence..dont give up on goals and don't play the victim/dwell on previous injustises..or it will be so.
edit on 8-12-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

no - what he says is not " amazing "

that he says is purile solipsistic grandstanding

PS - we should be able to down vote such click bait thread titles

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think white privelage refers to rich white familys. Familys that have passed down wealth from one generation to another.

In other words, a few white people have had a huge head start in life because their ancestors were wealthy. While, black people have had much less rich black ancestors and little opportunities to create a wealthy lineage because of slavery and unequal rights.

Basically, if you come from a wealthy family that has built connections and wealth, then you have a privelage. You have the connections and wealth to get away with things and achieve higher status more easily.

Beyond that notion, I'm not sure what white privelage has to do with the average joe. Well, in some cases black people may get harassed by the police more than white people. I don't know if that is a privelage or just cases of racist and bias cops.

edit on 8-12-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: seagull

I think white privelage refers to rich white familys. Familys that have passed down wealth from one generation to another.

In other words, a few white people have had a huge head start in life because their ancestors were wealthy. While, black people have had much less rich black ancestors and little opportunities to create a wealthy lineage because of slavery and unequal rights.

Basically, if you come from a wealthy family that has built connections and wealth, then you have a privelage. You have the connections and wealth to get away with things and achieve higher status more easily.

Beyond that notion, I'm not sure what white privelage has to do with the average joe. Well, in some cases black people may get harassed by the police more than white people. I don't know if that is a privelage or just cases of racist and bias cops.

IF that were the case they woudlnt be targeting people eating in little cafes, McDonalds and other cheap shops...

They would be out yelling , screaming, blocking and picketing people in rich white neighborhoods....

Not buying it, the people they are referring to are all whites, plain and simple

A cursory glance at how they were yelling in the face of white college students in library a few weeks ago pretty much helps to show that.....

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
What's white privilege?

www.diversityinc.com...

Interesting read. I find it to be true. However, blacks need to fight through the obstacles before them and quit the self destructive behavior. Easier said then done for sure. The psychological damage done to blacks goes back generations. This is the first semi-free generation of blacks in American history.

Killing is wrong. Period! But some people refuse to see what's in front of them. Do whites have it better in America? Of course. I'm sure no one will disagree with that.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just another reason much of the country is racist and has had just about enough

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Please see my post on page 3 ,and stop with the devicive narrative, your story is not real it's racist, me being "white" is only because the color of my skin not my heritage, it's the most racist broad rushing statement ever, and I hold zero "white guilt" and I benefited from zero "white-privilege".

Your story about ancestors being discriminated upon as if people need to respect that bull#, well then respect that my people were thrown into slavery, mass genocide, the land taken from out from under them, stuffed into a small territory, and still face "discrimination" but you know what, my people don't cry like other "people's" my people have to much pride for that. Hope you like what I did there, because that's the same narrative you are speaking it's divisive. The culture we have built by many different people and history's is fair, we need to stand together and talk about real issues instead of our races misery.

How about:

Abuse of power-- rampant in our policing force, executions carried in the streets. Not directed at any race(which is divisive) but more at those who are less fortunate and caught at the wrong time and place, at the mercy of psychotic gestapo police.
Which leads to, mental health--mass shootings , extremism become rampant, people desensitized to destruction, a lust for greed and power built upon the broken backs of others, in the same breath we critize those with "less moral standards" than the rest of the gallery(yet encourage and romanticize them) we have a schizophrenic society giving birth to these sociological and psychological tragedys.
Our foreign policy--Saudi Arabia nuff said, but if we aren't going to fight a real war(which is won on the ground), or target those who truly need to be targeted, I could imagine ways we could save on those 45k missiles we spend for a dead terrorist and a few innocent victims. How about feeding our poor and make one less bomb?
Social economic disparity-- not a racial phenomenon but a true reality,America is resembling an oligarchy and our politicians protect the interests of lobbyists over the constituents.

And you know, you may disagree with some of my points on those topics, and that's great but the color BS will stop these topics from ever gaining true dialogue within our nations, we must end the devicive polarization, and address the true issues that effect our lives and what it means to be American.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Please see my post on page 3 ,and stop with the devicive narrative, your story is not real it's racist, me being "white" is only because the color of my skin not my heritage, it's the most racist broad rushing statement ever, and I hold zero "white guilt" and I benefited from zero "white-privilege".

Your story about ancestors being discriminated upon as if people need to respect that bull#, well then respect that my people were thrown into slavery, mass genocide, the land taken from out from under them, stuffed into a small territory, and still face "discrimination" but you know what, my people don't cry like other "people's" my people have to much pride for that. Hope you like what I did there, because that's the same narrative you are speaking it's divisive. The culture we have built by many different people and history's is fair, we need to stand together and talk about real issues instead of our races misery.

How about:

Abuse of power-- rampant in our policing force, executions carried in the streets. Not directed at any race(which is divisive) but more at those who are less fortunate and caught at the wrong time and place, at the mercy of psychotic gestapo police.
Which leads to, mental health--mass shootings , extremism become rampant, people desensitized to destruction, a lust for greed and power built upon the broken backs of others, in the same breath we critize those with "less moral standards" than the rest of the gallery(yet encourage and romanticize them) we have a schizophrenic society giving birth to these sociological and psychological tragedys.
Our foreign policy--Saudi Arabia nuff said, but if we aren't going to fight a real war(which is won on the ground), or target those who truly need to be targeted, I could imagine ways we could save on those 45k missiles we spend for a dead terrorist and a few innocent victims. How about feeding our poor and make one less bomb?
Social economic disparity-- not a racial phenomenon but a true reality,America is resembling an oligarchy and our politicians protect the interests of lobbyists over the constituents.

And you know, you may disagree with some of my points on those topics, and that's great but the color BS will stop these topics from ever gaining true dialogue within our nations, we must end the devicive polarization, and address the true issues that effect our lives and what it means to be American.

I agree with everything you said tbh. However, I never said my story. I don't think it's important. Please show me a post where I said something racist. Am i black or white? Dont matter. Even after that leap of judgement by yourself, out of respect I didn't disregard the rest of your post. And I agree with much. But why puff your chest out there lIke that? Divisive. Your skin being white isnt a issue. Assimilation psychologically and tbh visually maybe. Idk i never made a comment on the topic. Just like this idiot in the video isnt the representation of his race with his actions and comments. You are not the face of your application designation (Context). You can't preach acceptance and thinking on bigger things after doing exactly what you speak against.

#MOBMENTALITY

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

How about:

Your skin being white isnt a issue. Assimilation psychologically and tbh visually maybe.

#MOBMENTALITY

This sounds super racist,you are going to have to clarify this. Are you suggesting because I look "white" I should carry "white guilt"? Sounds like it, and that my friend is as racist as it gets.

Show me where I am participating in mob mentality, or how I am doing exactly what I preach against, are you sure about that? Or are you misunderstanding what I am writing? Remember failure of communication is in the presentation of the opining not in the audience, so I appologize if my points aren't clear and I will gladly reform my presentation if you show me where the confusion is. Like wise you should do the same.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What's white privilege?

www.diversityinc.com...

Interesting read. I find it to be true. However, blacks need to fight through the obstacles before them and quit the self destructive behavior. Easier said then done for sure. The psychological damage done to blacks goes back generations. This is the first semi-free generation of blacks in American history.

Killing is wrong. Period! But some people refuse to see what's in front of them. Do whites have it better in America? Of course. I'm sure no one will disagree with that.

Do whites have it better in America? Are you talking about at this exact point in time? If so, not at all.

Did whites have it better in America in the past? Hell yes they did.

I think that is where the confusion lies. Black people see their ancestors as having it worse than whites, so they conclude that the same thing goes for them now.

I think the reality is that Whites/Asians actually have it worse right now at this point in time. Just look at affirmative action in universities as an example. SO many Asians have been discriminated against and lost out on entry into Universities simply due to the color of their skin.

The supreme court is taking this case up again right now and I hope they finally make the right decision.

If affirmative action is overturned than I think poor blacks/whites will be on an equal playing field. Until then, being poor and white is probably the worst possible thing to be in the USA.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul
I agree. Somewhere in my ancestry someone kileld one of my relatives, took their land, probably raped some of my kin too.

Now I shall go murder some romans and You will have no problem with it, apart from a cursory disdain as a disclaimer.

Yeah?

You're not going to get a response. They checked out of this thread as soon as I pointed out their whole premise was predicated on racism against blacks. Funny how they can scream racism and then fold like a card table when they get called on the ingrained racism in their own ideology. There is no desire to engage in real dialog about racism even though the talking points are always about how we need to have frank discussions about it. More disingenuous rhetoric.

Leftist policy is inherently racist and constantly tells people that having brown skin is a disability while they scream racist to shout down dissent. It's disgusting hypocrisy. There is no reason anybody, of any ethnicy, can't be whatever they want regardless of what the left spews. I think we should be teaching children that the limit of their potential is restricted only by their imagination. Instead we get excuses for why they can't succeed from the left.

The label of racist is the same as the label of communist for the newest incarnation of McCarthyism.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My first reaction to what that criminal said in court was break out the billy clubs and beat him till hes unconscious and has to get brain surgery. Then i thought about it. No there are far worse things that can be done to such a shining example of humanity. SUch as solitary confinement forever. No exit of the room. give him a toilet,sink,bed,bring him meals. make it big enough he can exercise and even let him have a small TV in the top of the cell. But no contact with any prisoners period. with no human interaction he will eventually snap and go insane. Perfect punishment.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Not all white people are responsible for what a racist white person does, that's true 8675309jenny , but your comment also has racist sentiments:

Yea, deep WITHIN THE BLACK COMMUNITY who often place a nice big chip on their children's shoulders by blaming white people for every one of their life problems.

Because not all black people are responsible for what a racist black person does, either.

Blaming the "black community" for black racists is just as racist as blaming the "white community" for white racists.

Racism is racism regardless of the race.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Not all white people are responsible for what a racist white person does, that's true 8675309jenny , but your comment also has racist sentiments:

Yea, deep WITHIN THE BLACK COMMUNITY who often place a nice big chip on their children's shoulders by blaming white people for every one of their life problems.

Because not all black people are responsible for what a racist black person does, either.

Blaming the "black community" for black racists is just as racist as blaming the "white community" for white racists.

Racism is racism regardless of the race.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

How about:

Your skin being white isnt a issue. Assimilation psychologically and tbh visually maybe.

#MOBMENTALITY

This sounds super racist,you are going to have to clarify this. Are you suggesting because I look "white" I should carry "white guilt"? Sounds like it, and that my friend is as racist as it gets.

Show me where I am participating in mob mentality, or how I am doing exactly what I preach against, are you sure about that? Or are you misunderstanding what I am writing? Remember failure of communication is in the presentation of the opining not in the audience, so I appologize if my points aren't clear and I will gladly reform my presentation if you show me where the confusion is. Like wise you should do the same.

Wow your really reaching. Why do you keep crying racism? What in my statement is racist? Me saying your skin don't matter is pretty antiracist tbh. Are you looking for a argument or just really want to win. Your the guy that pulls up to you at the stop light then take off when it turns green and the other guy didn't even know he was racing. Why did you ignore everything else I said and then attempt to fabricate racism from thin air.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

What's white privilege?

www.diversityinc.com...

Do whites have it better in America? Are you talking about at this exact point in time? If so, not at all.

Did whites have it better in America in the past? Hell yes they did.

I think that is where the confusion lies. Black people see their ancestors as having it worse than whites, so they conclude that the same thing goes for them now.

I think the reality is that Whites/Asians actually have it worse right now at this point in time. Just look at affirmative action in universities as an example. SO many Asians have been discriminated against and lost out on entry into Universities simply due to the color of their skin.

The supreme court is taking this case up again right now and I hope they finally make the right decision.

If affirmative action is overturned than I think poor blacks/whites will be on an equal playing field. Until then, being poor and white is probably the worst possible thing to be in the USA.

Whites and Asians have it worst then other minorities in the United States of America? I hope hearing it let's you hear how ridiculous that sounds. In saying that, I see no reason to rebut anything else mentioned.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join