It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose of our existense?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Are we on earth to do what people are doing today in the varieties of things? are we living a sin? whats our purpose of living?

Enough said get the bigger picture watching this

what do you think?

i hope this topic is posted in the right section.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Joesepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Joesepth

Video's shot out...
It won't play for me...

Link?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Sorry, check it now brother/sister

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We are likely stuck in this holographic material world to resolve our karma and eventually make that quantum leap into light bring?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I mean being

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joesepth
whats our purpose of living?

Watched the video...

It left me wondering hmmmm, who made it and WHY...

I saw nothing in it that relates to why we are here.

I researched the heck out of this subject once.

Below are some of the results, notice the correlation between some of them...

In early morning prayer, Jesus dressed in a white long gown and embraced by a very bright light appeared before me and said the following to me: "Before we were born in the world, all of us were given a special mission by God."

Rev. Joshua Do Shick Joe

This life is a preparation for the next...

Fire on the Altar MP3

One of the main reasons you were placed on this planet was to be tested by God...

HOW CAN I FIND GOD?

We all have scroll prepared by God before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. It’s important we discover what is written on it so we can walk in it and fulfil our Testimony; for it is on this that we will be judged and rewarded. At the end of this life Jesus will compare what we have done with what we should have done with our lives. We have a lifetime to discover what is on our scroll and work it out and achieve it.

Your Scroll and Testimony ~ The Testimony of Your Scroll MP3

About a year ago, I bought a piece of property for $80,000. Today, it is worth approximately $600,000. This highly profitable transaction required no effort on my part, except walking into a lawyer's office to sign the papers. I have asked the Lord, "Jesus, why do you bless me like this?" "Because you passed my test," He answered. "How did I pass your test?" You fulfilled the Scripture," He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian."

Norvel Hayes

Not long ago, the Lord gave me $200,000. I said, "Lord, what am I going to do with it? I don't need it. What did You give it to me for?" He said, "You passed my test." I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith by Norvel Hayes.

A couple of links that go into more detail:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If a video like that doesn't make you question why god would make everything for a single creation on a single planet in a single solar system in a single galaxy in possibly multiple universes, and the logistics behind such a notion that a god made it all just for us. Than you're far too delusional for your own health.

Get out and explore life around you instead of simply waiting to die for a heaven that is so incredibly unlikely to exist.

All the evidence suggests that this may be all we have. Make the most of it.

Thanks for sharing the video

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Actually, all the proof is that God does exist and did just that. Why? Heck if I know. I'm not God. But I could go around and call you extremely delusional and needing to get out and see the world, too. So then you really have to question your perspective, right? It's a bit too extreme to just jump to calling people delusional over the 'proof' of whatever that you perceive as being in the video. Did it make me question what I believe? Nope, not really. Does that make me delusional or just certain in my beliefs? Both believing in God and not believing in God involve a certain amount of faith. So, do whatever you want, I don't think you're delusional--just human. Just like me.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So existence is bigger than big and we are smaller than small yet I can wrap my head around it all just as you can. But has life really got anything to do with size? The video is entertaining, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Simply astounding when you actually stop and think about it. We are so insignificant on the grand scheme.
We are like an ameba riding on the back of an elephant... Not even noticable.
That video reminds me of an old imax film i loved Cosmic voyage narrated by Morgan Freeman.
Same concept as your video, but then goes into the microscopic world.
Youtube it - its an eye opener like this vid!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Thank you!

I have NO "earthly" idea why we could be here, in this place, in this time.

I do believe it is naive (not the best word) to think that WE are the only living things in the universe.

It is just so vast and what purpose would it (the entire universe) serve to exist if there was nothing out there (only us)?

I mean, I'm not sure what our purpose to exist is either but...hopefully you get my gist!

Cool video!

edit on 7-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Actually, all the proof is that God does exist and did just that. Why? Heck if I know. I'm not God. But I could go around and call you extremely delusional and needing to get out and see the world, too. So then you really have to question your perspective, right? It's a bit too extreme to just jump to calling people delusional over the 'proof' of whatever that you perceive as being in the video. Did it make me question what I believe? Nope, not really. Does that make me delusional or just certain in my beliefs? Both believing in God and not believing in God involve a certain amount of faith. So, do whatever you want, I don't think you're delusional--just human. Just like me.

If there's proof, then it's testable. If it's not testable, then it's not tangible proof, it's subjective perception, which is not evidence.

We do have evidence that everything forms naturally, and there hasn't been anything to suggest otherwise yet. Sorry, but you're misunderstanding what the term 'evidence' really applies to.

You're also misapplying the word 'faith'. I do not hold a religious-faith that there is no god, just as I don't hold a religious-faith that there is no invisible pink unicorns. There simply isn't anything that suggests the existence of god or invisible pink unicorns, so logically, there is no reason to believe in them. I have faith that when I jump up, i'll come back down. Again, that is not "religious-faith". You're confusing the variant terminologies.
edit on 7/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Perhaps this old thread has some answers for you?

What is your purpose in this reality???

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I luvved that, and luv the pale blue dot pic.

That puts it all into perspective for me.

I don't think there is a purpose to life. It just is. We live on in our ancestors memories. For me it comes down to family.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think I was put here to eat. Now the government thinks I was put here to pay taxes and employers think I was put here so I could make them money. Our cats think I am here to feed them and change their litter.

It's sooooo complicated.

Good video. I like the part of all the planets between the earth and moon.

edit on 7-12-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
One of my favorite films, 'Lady in the Water', has a couple of interesting lines about our purpose...

"You have a purpose... ALL beings have a purpose." ~ Story

"There is a veil that covers the eyes of man creating an illusion to the things we cannot see. There is so much more to this world but without removing the veil one may not ever see it."

"But man has forgotten how to listen". The awakening of man will only happen when man begins to listen to his creator. But man has forgotten how to listen..." ~ "Lady in the Water"

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think that each person has to define his own purpose. We each have different desires and one of them is your purpose. Contemplate, learn and experiment until you find it and than hold on to it.

But it is safe to say, that purpose is not something like:
- hurting other beings
- harming the planet or plants
- being an ass**** to others

Anything outside of that should be fine.

it should be something like:
- you are enjoying
- you can share with others in some form
- you can help other beings or the planet in some form
- you will never stop learning about it

if you think that every religious or spiritual person thinks that way you are far to delusional : ) You see it can go both ways heheh

I would even say that people who believe like you stated are in minority today. Even Christian pope said recently he supports alien life and that they are included in Christianity. But I don't know the stance about Islam or Judaism. But all older easterner religions like Hindu or Buddhism are including all beings corporeal and even non corporeal and many different planes of existence or worlds - material/this universe just being on of many.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Human spiritual beings and experiences know that we came from origin light.

Scientists contest this fact, for they want God, the spirit they claim created us....yet spirit created us, and God is the occultist satanic concept of evil conversion.

This spiritual review is true, when you read the documents that state God created Satan, and then caste Satan out of Heaven.

We consider our Heaven to be healed, and it became the Holy spiritual presence of CHRIST.

Our Father states, he sent the CHRIST to be murdered as JESUS, as the holy conscious channel review, when spirit died in life, sacrificed on the cross of wood. CHRIST was murdered as JESUS by human occultists, who changed the holiness of our Heavenly spirit, and made it become unholy and it attacked us, and we bled from our cells. This is the Christ witness itself to occultist practices.

Our meaning is real, we are spirit and we came from origin Light.

Origin light exists on the other side of space.

Earth refilled its emptied out space cell and filled it with the returned presence of CHRIST....water and oxygen, for the CHRIST spirit fell upon the face of Earth...to save Earth's life.

The ethereal spirit of the CHRIST is holy, and its light and sound changed origin light and communicated its presence to spirit.

Origin spirit released its Nature, and we manifested....not on purpose, but by karmic return.

The karma of changing our origin light forced our spirit back into manifestation for having been the spirit who altered origin light.

We never knew that we made a mistake in light as the spirit presence, until our life manifested as a human being.

We then began our journey of learning about our karma and our mistakes, which we have made as a pattern of spirit return as our own self destructive nature.

We have always considered to destroy our own Nature support and we are once again achieving this review.

The consideration of our historical evidence is evident enough as a spiritual experience for any human to know that we are in fact a spiritual light self, who made a mistake and are still paying for this mistake....our choice.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
if you think that every religious or spiritual person thinks that way you are far to delusional : ) You see it can go both ways heheh

It does go both ways, if your assumptions about my views were accurate. It's pretty ironic that you're pointing out how generalized and stereotypical my non-believing views are by using a generalized and stereotypical view of non-believers. Believe it or not, but I can hold that position without referring to the general theistic populous.

Perhaps you shouldn't jump the gun by making a claim about generalization with a claim stemming from generalization.

I would even say that people who believe like you stated are in minority today.

Your argument is still based off of a false premise. You're assuming you know what my beliefs are about theists.

Even Christian pope said recently he supports alien life and that they are included in Christianity. But I don't know the stance about Islam or Judaism. But all older easterner religions like Hindu or Buddhism are including all beings corporeal and even non corporeal and many different planes of existence or worlds - material/this universe just being on of many.

When did I ever deny this?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Get out and explore life around you instead of simply waiting to die for a heaven that is so incredibly unlikely to exist.

This is OT but you opened the door, and I'm entering.

I laugh everytime I see this! Stop being religious! Go out and live life! WTF.

Let's see. Give up religion, take a deep breathe and go live life, doing things Christians are forbidden to do. Guess I could go smoke some crack. Rob a bank. Kill some people. Go spit on my parents grave. Go have sex with my best friends husband.

Idiots! Okay, then nevermind. Think I will continue to sit at home everyday, throw out my picts of the world I have traveled, all the interesting people I've met, ah, meh. Nevermind. Maybe I will just sit home and wait to die.

And atheists think Christians are ignorant? Give me a break.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join