It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For Gay People

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Mkay, I've just reviewed the thread from where I left off.

OP - think about this from a 'hetero' point of view.

Are you a work-boots, blue-jeans, scruffy hair, stubble and flannel shirt kinda guy? Some chicks really, really dig that (I'm one of them).

Are you a straight-laced, corporate-haired, clean-shaven accountant type of guy? Some chicks look for that type like radar....

Are you a biker? Some chicks find that really sexy.

Are you a golfer?

Are you a slicked-back hair, tailored suit, shined shoes, cologned kind of guy????????

What sort of people are attracted to you??

Okay, now - let's say you are a woman - a hetero woman (like I am). I could dress in hoochie-mama clothes, like thigh-high boots with stilleto heels, super short skirts, fishnet stockings, full make-up at all times, hair perfectly sculptured (was going to say 'coifed' but wasn't sure you'd know what it means), manicured fake nails, and lots and lots of cleavage.....
if I wanted to.

But - I don't. Most of the time I'm in jeans and hoodies. I wear my hair long because I like it. Over the last 3 years or so, I've stopped worrying about wearing makeup (that was a hard transition in terms of self-consciousness). I own ONE outfit suitable for a funeral; ONE for a wedding; and very few "business casual" clothes. More of a boho type (look it up)........

I don't mind wearing bluejeans, don't mind dressing up for an opera. But my "preferred" look is relaxed, not particularly "sexy" except to a certain type of guy (a guy likely dressed in work-boots with a 3-day beard).

I prefer a guy who drives a jeep rather than a guy who babies his BMW. Etc. (ETA: Yeah, not a guy who drives a jeep TO a guy who babies his BMW....just to be clear). Semantics, you know.

There is no difference between that, and how gay people dress and groom themselves.

Get it?

I can be very girly if I have to - I can even swing a hammer and I like fishing. I know how to sit at a formal table, which forks to use, etc. I also don't mind eating off of a paper plate with my fingers.

see?

I wouldn't, however, be caught dead in a hooker outfit ANYWHERE - I just won't do it. It's not who I am.
Same as I only reluctantly put on pantyhose and heels.....makeup and bleh.

I'm totally and completely heterosexual.

is it clear now?
We are just WHO WE ARE.

edit on 12/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This man is one of the funniest comics going.....

he is hetero - totally hetero - but likes to dress in women's clothes.
Eddie Izzard:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Ummm...right...which is exactly what I stated...the difference being that I was speaking to the underlying reasons for such behavior in a biological sense...not social attempts to conform gender identity into what has been historically acceptable...

My argument was merely to illustrate that in a percentage of these cases there are biological factors determining sexual expression/identity...unrelated to affectation or social mores...

What that percentage is I'm sure is anybody's guess...
I'm not in disagreement...I was merely speaking to what may be the underlying reason for some of these characteristic expressions...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I think i have been answering it quite honestly, no?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, you have....hey - I'd love to see a pic of you doing your thing......PM me if you want to share!!
Go you!!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I was speaking to the underlying reasons for such behavior in a biological sense...not social attempts to conform gender identity into what has been historically acceptable...

The two can not be separated. It's all mixed in.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ummm...I'm obviously not the OP...however...I'm a hetero male...I really like to affect the three day scruff thang jeans and work boots...and I drive both a BMW and Jeep...(Well the beamer is actually a SAAB 95 AERO...and the Jeep a Ford explorer)...
But hey...I like to shop in thrift stores...

Does that qualify...?

BTW...I don't baby the AERO...it's very fast and very fun...which reminds me...time to put on the new skins and tweak the suspension...

Power boating or sailing...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yeah, you have....hey - I'd love to see a pic of you doing your thing......PM me if you want to share!!
Go you!!

Darth, I would very much enjoy that as well, if you have a youtube channel, please share.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

sailing

thrift stores are good - smart spending

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Not only really funny, one of the smartest. I luv Izzard.

edit on Tuesday10fAmerica/Chicago2015-12-08T21:10:17-06:00103110341America/Chicago by lifecitizen because: to clarify

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

Is he still planning to run for mayor of London??

That's what he told us here in Kansas City last time he came - and we had Westboro Baptist Church freaks right across the street as we all were lined up to get in outside the theatre, drinking in the adjacent bar, rallying before the show.....

Eddie's wardrobe for the show would have had him just dressed in his jeans and a coat with tails - but because ...BECAUSE ... WBC was there, he went back and put on makeup for us.....

when he came out, he said, "I wasn't going to wear any makeup, but those blokes over the road approved it..."

LOL!!! (Standing ovation at that point).......

After the show he had a Q&A thing, and said he was going to run for mayor....

anyway - sorry for rambling.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

haha! what a great story He would have loved the fact the Westboro freaks turned up for him I would imagine!

I think he IS still up for running for Mayor, how great would that be?

I always lol watching this one. Plane safety.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry for off topic.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yeah, during the Q&A thing after the show, someone asked him what his lipstick was......
I don't remember precisely, and can't find it on the internet.....but he gave the name of it (something like Diva Fatalle, by so-and-so company) ......

but yeah, while we were all there outside the theatre, these WBC people, with all their signs about we're all going to hell, and how gays are going to hell, and whatever.......

and we were all over there watching them like one would a side-show freak at a circus..... most people on our side of the street were just taking pictures, pointing, laughing.....
they are ridiculous

!!!!!

anyhoo.......
I don't think it's really off-topic, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Westboro is in a league of it's own, I would love to witness them in RL. As frustrating as that would be. They will breed themselves out. That's some crazy mixed up wierd chit.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hey, lifecitizen....
thanks for playing.

People need to just lighten up and LISTEN.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing, brilliant. I haven't seen him mention his cross dressing, it's a non issue to me, I've just liked his comedy and loved how he didn't give a chit what people thought of him. And he's a pretty outspoken atheist, which I also like.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Yep! I almost posted "Cake or Death" --- but well, readers can find his videos on youtube if they want to. Oh, what the hell, here it is:

The second show we went to of his was Force Majeure....
the first one we saw was something about BEES!!!!

Oh yeah ---- it was Stripped -----

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Cake or death! LOL. Hilarious.

The first thing I ever saw of Izzards was 'Death Star Canteen' done with lego figures. i've been a fan ever since.

He dresses a lot more like a woman in the latter years.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I am the old guy in a flannel shirt, but born and raised in KC, left for 28 years, back now. If you want to get coffee let me know, the wife can be invited or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Well, there ya go Buzzy ,lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join